Darren WAFFLE

stoneyram

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

But my point is by the end of tues we could not be although Cardiff have a tough game so that could be out saving grace. I'm just finding since Xmas so frustrating. 

And likewise by the end of Tuesday we could have a 5 point cushion.

I don't think you are the only finding it frustrating!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or maybe the fans who had led to his lack of confidence and state of mind through their awful treatment of him?

To hold an opinion from day1 he is not the best available person to manage our club until the end of the season is not treating him awfully.

it always was an absurd appointment. If he had the job temporarily then he would have had more support.

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

I don't think people should blame Wassall for everything he's just trying to keep things going. May be he lets himself down in the interviews but I think we ought to support him for the rest of the season. 

On the proviso he has NOTHING to do with the appointment of our next Manager, and that he is not our Manager next season. 

10 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

To hold an opinion from day1 he is not the best available person to manage our club until the end of the season is not treating him awfully.

it always was an absurd appointment. If he had the job temporarily then he would have had more support.

But:

1) he DOES have the job temporarily - until the end of the season with no guarantees beyond. By no measure is that a permanent job 

2) what other serious options from within the club were/are there? Hardly an absurd appointment once the Chairman had decided not to appoint from the outside

3) He took on the role at short notice because he was asked to do so. He's probably ambitious for himself and his career. Why should he turn it down? He took over a team that was playing poor football, low on confidence and struggling - how many games has he had to effect a significant change to that? 8? Not that many. And in some ways the team is playing better.

There are a fair few on here, and elsewhere, that decided on Day 1 that he wasn't up to the job and who have ignored the different things he has tried to do to improve performances on the pitch and have given him no support

We're not the only ones to have moved on a manager and appoint an internal short term replacement in the last few weeks. Perhaps we're setting a trend.

1 minute ago, ilkleyram said:

But:

1) he DOES have the job temporarily - until the end of the season with no guarantees beyond. By no measure is that a permanent job 

2) what other serious options from within the club were/are there? Hardly an absurd appointment once the Chairman had decided not to appoint from the outside

3) He took on the role at short notice because he was asked to do so. He's probably ambitious for himself and his career. Why should he turn it down? He took over a team that was playing poor football, low on confidence and struggling - how many games has he had to effect a significant change to that? 8? Not that many. And in some ways the team is playing better.

There are a fair few on here, and elsewhere, that decided on Day 1 that he wasn't up to the job and who have ignored the different things he has tried to do to improve performances on the pitch and have given him no support

We're not the only ones to have moved on a manager and appoint an internal short term replacement in the last few weeks. Perhaps we're setting a trend.

1) should not have had it guaranteed to end of season.  

2) did not have to look solely within the club. 

3) he wanted the role for sure .... Got starry eyed due to his endless MM interactions

in no way are we playing better. Football is awful even in the games we win ( Blackburn at Home was awful hanging on )

we are wealthier, and a bigger attraction to top experienced managers. Yet we chose DW. Colin would have been better.  MM wanted DW as he believed he fitted the Derby Way.    We now have poor results and poor performances .......and are about to play top teams.  

Saw the thread title and thought "oh, this will be bags of fun - just what I need after a defeat like that." But after opening it, it turns out we're just slagging off the manager, rather than coming up with Derby players' names if they were desserts.

But anyway. Here are mine.

Cyrus Rice Christie Cake.

Spotted Dick Blackman.

Chris Baird and Butter Pudding.

Will Mousse.

Cake Buxton.

Ivan Calippo.

PAST PUDDINGS

Jammie Dodger Davies.

Francesco Baianoffee Pie

In hindsight we should have appointed a good experienced manager as an interim until the end of the season 

although the blokes annoying imagine id we appointed warnock until the end of the season and gone on the run he has taken rotherham on 

wassalls been asked to manage the first team and i dont blame him id take the job if i was him but it isnt working 

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

How well has he done with the academy exactly?!

U21s are on course to get promoted from Premier League divison 2 to Premier League division 1 (where the best 12 academies in the country are, in terms of their most senior youth team), they're currently winning the league. Worth also mentioning that they were far more on course to get promoted before Wassall moved up (7? points clear of Arsenal who had a game in hand), they've faltered a little since (4 points clear of Villa who have a game in hand, 5 points clear of Arsenal who have 2 games in hand). 

U18s had a poor season by all accounts but they weren't the worst, they finished 10th of 12th in the North division (which is far harder than the South division imo). 

Anything other than that, in terms of academy success, isn't really measurable from the outside. 

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Saw the thread title and thought "oh, this will be bags of fun - just what I need after a defeat like that." But after opening it, it turns out we're just slagging off the manager, rather than coming up with Derby players' names if they were desserts.

Spotted Dick Blackman.

Will Mousse.

Cake Buxton.

Ivan Calippo.

PAST PUDDINGS

Jammie Dodger Davies.

Francesco Baianoffee Pie

You could wash it down with a Steve Bulmers cider.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Saw the thread title and thought "oh, this will be bags of fun - just what I need after a defeat like that." But after opening it, it turns out we're just slagging off the manager, rather than coming up with Derby players' names if they were deserts.

Spotted Dick Blackman.

Will Mousse.

Cake Buxton.

Ivan Calippo.

PAST PUDDINGS

Jammie Dodger Davies.

Francesco Baianoffee Pie

Jammy Hanson

Jacob Butterfly Cake