Darren WAFFLE

stoneyram

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

To hold an opinion from day1 he is not the best available person to manage our club until the end of the season is not treating him awfully.

it always was an absurd appointment. If he had the job temporarily then he would have had more support.

To hold such an opinion is fine.

To turn it into hate filled rants against him is disgusting imo

12 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

1) should not have had it guaranteed to end of season.  

2) did not have to look solely within the club. 

3) he wanted the role for sure .... Got starry eyed due to his endless MM interactions

in no way are we playing better. Football is awful even in the games we win ( Blackburn at Home was awful hanging on )

we are wealthier, and a bigger attraction to top experienced managers. Yet we chose DW. Colin would have been better.  MM wanted DW as he believed he fitted the Derby Way.    We now have poor results and poor performances .......and are about to play top teams.  

1) you're making a different point.  The original comment you made was that his job wasn't temporary when it quite clearly is. Whether it becomes permanent remains to be seen and is a decision which will be made at the end of the season

2) Perhaps the Chairman didn't, but the fact is he did and for all kinds of good reasons. And that's not Darren Wassall's fault

3) Why shouldn't he be ambitious? Aren't you in your career? Perhaps he also thought that he might be able to help the team and the club

Sure we are are a big club at Championship level and maybe beyond. We attracted Harry Redknapp to come and help us and rather him (anyone) than Warnock, who was already employed anyway.  In my opinion we have had mixed (some good, some not) performances and results - not poor.  You're entitled to your view. So am I

14 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

1) you're making a different point.  The original comment you made was that his job wasn't temporary when it quite clearly is. Whether it becomes permanent remains to be seen and is a decision which will be made at the end of the season

2) Perhaps the Chairman didn't, but the fact is he did and for all kinds of good reasons. And that's not Darren Wassall's fault

3) Why shouldn't he be ambitious? Aren't you in your career? Perhaps he also thought that he might be able to help the team and the club

Sure we are are a big club at Championship level and maybe beyond. We attracted Harry Redknapp to come and help us and rather him (anyone) than Warnock, who was already employed anyway.  In my opinion we have had mixed (some good, some not) performances and results - not poor.  You're entitled to your view. So am I

Point 1). There are two types of interim managers. Some are there whilst a permanent manager is sought. I am objecting to DW being given the job until the end of the season and no recruitment occurring to try and bring in an experienced permanent manager (loads applied as MM told us so ) 

point 3). Over promotion in any organisation is the worst possible thing to do. It will also be why very very very few, in fact staggering few clubs, appoint a youth team coach to manage the first team until the end of a season.

Harry has come for an easy ride. Won't take job full time, doesn't liase with DW on matcha until after the game, and has just spent two,weeks travelling the globe.  Harry as brought in to prop up DW.

16 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

Point 1). There are two types of interim managers. Some are there whilst a permanent manager is sought. I am objecting to DW being given the job until the end of the season and no recruitment occurring to try and bring in an experienced permanent manager (loads applied as MM told us so ) 

point 3). Over promotion in any organisation is the worst possible thing to do. It will also be why very very very few, in fact staggering few clubs, appoint a youth team coach to manage the first team until the end of a season.

Harry has come for an easy ride. Won't take job full time, doesn't liase with DW on matcha until after the game, and has just spent two,weeks travelling the globe.  Harry as brought in to prop up DW.

Last one Igor cos I'm off to bed:

Neither you nor I have any idea whether there there is recruitment process going on to bring in an experienced manager or not. For all we know someone has been appointed already but won't start until the new season.  All we have been told is that DW is the temporary head coach until the end of the season, at which point it will be reviewed.  

I would agree with you about over promotion - one of the mistakes I made in my career was to do just that to someone else. I've always regretted it. But, once the chairman had decided not to make an external appointment, who else within the club was better qualified to take over the role of Head Coach? And he's not a youth team coach in the derogatory way you write it, he is/was head of the academy and has been for several years during which time it has expanded out of all recognition.

And on Harry, again neither you nor I know exactly the input he has during the week and with DW.  After his first match though we were told that he was in and around the dressing room before the match, at half time and afterwards. He's been away sure, so have some of the players. He's been brought in to help. Perhaps he will.

12 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

How well has he done with the academy exactly?!

Good point, I don't rate Hanson and we are in the 2nd division of the premier league U21's and quite a few were bought and they are not making the first team... 

At what point will the players take their fair share as it's not just our interim head coach that is underperforming massively.

5pm after a win players are being pulled out for special praise, 5pm after a draw or defeat it's Wassall and Mel out and the players continue to escape any criticism. 

You would struggle to find 100 Derby fans in our entire fanbase that want Wassall in charge, I'm not sure who these repeat threads are trying to convince he's not good enough.

On the pitch, past that white line yesterdays goals were awful defending from set pieces and they could have had even more, this wasn't down to tactics but players stood around waiting for Christmas, Shackell looked like he had lead in his boots being disposed, we was lucky to get away with that one.

Yes our head coach has been crap but the players having been absolute *****. 

13 hours ago, Amberram said:

First post here,

What concerns me is, he may be in the job next season!

If that's true I want a refund on my season ticket. This is well supported football club not a company for Mel Morris to give his mates jobs. It's pathetic what's happened already. With how the top teams are doing can't help thinking if we'd kept clement we would still be sniffing around top two. 

40 minutes ago, David said:

At what point will the players take their fair share as it's not just our interim head coach that is underperforming massively.

5pm after a win players are being pulled out for special praise, 5pm after a draw or defeat it's Wassall and Mel out and the players continue to escape any criticism. 

You would struggle to find 100 Derby fans in our entire fanbase that want Wassall in charge, I'm not sure who these repeat threads are trying to convince he's not good enough.

On the pitch, past that white line yesterdays goals were awful defending from set pieces and they could have had even more, this wasn't down to tactics but players stood around waiting for Christmas, Shackell looked like he had lead in his boots being disposed, we was lucky to get away with that one.

Yes our head coach has been crap but the players having been absolute *****. 

The 2nd half of last season we couldn't defend for toffee, however the reason was that we were set up to attacking.

We brought a manager in, and this was addressed, an additional player, which resulted in several clean sheets, our attacking style suffered but we slowly climbed the table and hit the dizzy heights in Dec.

Roll on to present day, and we look like we could concede at any time, the players don't look like they have played with each other on the pitch before, they don't understand what is being asked of them, and they are devoid of any confidence what so ever.  However unlike last season, we have lost that attacking intent, we now just look like 11 players thrown onto the pitch, and listening to the managers post match interviews, are playing the way he has set them up to and is happy with the performance.

If 1-2 players were not performing then fair enough, but we have at least 8-9 every game he has been in charge, that is why the players are escaping, and as you say if you would struggle to find 100 fans, I doubt you would find a player to that is happy with this set up.

I knew this would happen when all the 'we've cracked it, the team spirit is back' posts went into overdrive. The problem could be that expectations are built up and continually dashed. 

Agree that these threads are very tiresome now. I can give out stick with the best of them but I don't like the personal attacks on Wassall and Mel, it's getting childish 

43 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

The 2nd half of last season we couldn't defend for toffee, however the reason was that we were set up to attacking.

We brought a manager in, and this was addressed, an additional player, which resulted in several clean sheets, our attacking style suffered but we slowly climbed the table and hit the dizzy heights in Dec.

Roll on to present day, and we look like we could concede at any time, the players don't look like they have played with each other on the pitch before, they don't understand what is being asked of them, and they are devoid of any confidence what so ever.  However unlike last season, we have lost that attacking intent, we now just look like 11 players thrown onto the pitch, and listening to the managers post match interviews, are playing the way he has set them up to and is happy with the performance.

If 1-2 players were not performing then fair enough, but we have at least 8-9 every game he has been in charge, that is why the players are escaping, and as you say if you would struggle to find 100 fans, I doubt you would find a player to that is happy with this set up.

Let's not rewrite history and forget we was on a decline before Wassall took over, 7 without a win and a lot of players have been underperforming for most of the season.

The players don't understand what is being asked of them? Not sure how you could say that without speaking to the players.

I could just as easily say it's not that they don't understand but some of these players simply don't want to be here and put the hard work in. That's what it looks like to me.

These are professional footballs, most have been around a few clubs, played under various managers, systems and tactics. Unless Wassall is speaking Japanese in his team talks I can't believe it's a lack of understanding.

This could also be a lack of respect for Wassall, as seen with Chelsea and Mourinho it doesn't matter what you ask of them, it's just not going to work.

It's also been noted how the team spirit seems to have disappeared, during goal celebrations, before the game, you just don't get that 13/14 feeling from the players. Which is where Clement doesn't come out of this blameless, yes Mel signed the cheques but Clement was the one handing the pen.

Why didn't he say no to Bent, why did he say yes to Weimann and ask for Blackman and Camara? It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we have players dragging their bottom lips around the dressing room causing a bad atmosphere.

I could be way off and it is just a lack of understanding. For me we've got too many bad eggs in the basket that need disposing off.

The whole season has been littered with **** ups and not one person involved from Mel down to Clement, Wassall, the players are blameless but Wassall takes all the stick and Clement is improving as games go by which he's not involved in is the Derby fans way.

Yesterdays defending would be harsh on schoolboys to call it schoolboy defending. Forget Wassall for 5 minutes, it was absolutely shocking. They looked like their boots were filled with lead. Barely anything is mentioned about that, all the focus is on being vocal shouting Wassall out. 

Yes he should go and most are in agreement but those defenders yesterday, embarrassing. Truly embarrassing.

Apologies for another post, I know I'm boring and moany today, blame the menopause. Forgot to include this in my other posts.

Wassall may also be at fault for yesterday, I'm still waiting on RamsPlayer to upload the 90 minutes to watch the game. Didn't sound great on the radio but I'm waiting to view it with my own eyes.

I suspect most on here like myself didn't go which is why there is no substance to this thread, no highlighting what Wassall did wrong just a lot of stamping feet and that's fine. We're football fans and love a knee jerk. Guilty myself on more than one occasion. 

Just find it incredibly frustrating that a topic discussing the actual defending corners has only 3 replies yet the standard Waffle out is at 8 pages already, nothing new and we have video evidence of horrendous defending yet again.

I long for the blame Keogh days again as at least it was discussing the game in between the puns.

Archived