how about chris powell

B4ev6is

37 minutes ago, BaianoBoy said:

'The Derby way'

How can anyone play the derby way when nobody knows what it is.

1st posts continue a downhill trend :lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BaianoBoy said:

Nothing like a warm welcome :unsure:

Sorry, hi there and welcome to the mire of depression and negativity that is a Derby fan forum!

I noticed you make your account a few days ago, as I saw it under "most recent member" and thought it was a good name but unfortunately since then I have not posted much, so you are unaware of my nature.

Consider yourself warmly welcomed.

38 minutes ago, KBB said:

sorry B4 but so are so far off the money with this suggestions. Sacked by Huddersfield, sacked by Charlton, having pretty much done nothing of real note at either club,

Unfair regarding Charlton in my opinion. He got them out of league 1 without too much bother and if you think that's easy take a look at the way Sheff Utd, Leeds and Forest struggled to get promoted from that league.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sorry, hi there and welcome to the mire of depression and negativity that is a Derby fan forum!

I noticed you make your account a few days ago, as I saw it under "most recent member" and thought it was a good name but unfortunately since then I have not posted much, so you are unaware of my nature.

Consider yourself warmly welcomed.

No worries, read for a few weeks now and thought I would join in.

An element of sarcasm in the post that obviously didn't come across as intended. That said, I'm still not sure Chris Powell is/ would be an enforcer of the 'Derby Way'.

Sith Happens

You know i have no idea who is the right manager to take us forward. It all depends what Derby want to achieve, Mel seems to want  manager who will be around for years like Ferguson was (no one will ever do that long again), but that wont happen, we are Derby and anyone who does well will eventually move on.

My gut feeling is go for Pearson, get us up next season, then see what happens from there, or Rowett...think he could be the closest Mel will get to someone who will build something and stay for a while.

Chris Powell - no thanks, like the guy but not right for us i dont think.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

You know i have no idea who is the right manager to take us forward. It all depends what Derby want to achieve, Mel seems to want  manager who will be around for years like Ferguson was (no one will ever do that long again), 

I think old Arsene might. :whistle:

Maybe we were all wrong and Eranio was at the match having a private chat with Morris whilst the game was going on. What a brilliant excuse - if anyone spots him, he was here for the game, but really, he was signing on to be the next 6-month appointment as manager. And low and behold - the only person to spot him was B4.

Genius.

(Tongue in cheek before anyone takes me seriously!)

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander if chris powell would be instreasted in taking derby as manager he knows how to play the derby way and also good at bring young players on but also spotting good young players. But he knows how to get best out of butterfield but maybe he get best out of bradly johnson even jamie handson. Perhaps get out old george thorne back when he first joined.

What do you guys think maybe have wassall as his number two and harry redknapp as scoting teams from the stands and laying out his advice.

I've just been reading about this guy and I think he could be just the man we need to motivate the players. We all know that fitness has been an issue recently too. Look at that bod too!

scan0017_336.jpg

I am in the Pearson camp I think, his side is currently top of the Prem and it was him that pulled the season around last year, he bought a good side together and I think he should take majority of the credit for there current form, I don't think Chris has proved himself as yet.

3 hours ago, LesterRam said:

I am in the Pearson camp I think, his side is currently top of the Prem and it was him that pulled the season around last year, he bought a good side together and I think he should take majority of the credit for there current form, I don't think Chris has proved himself as yet.

Dont agree with that. Ranieri is the reason they play the way they do. 

Archived