how about chris powell

B4ev6is

I wander if chris powell would be instreasted in taking derby as manager he knows how to play the derby way and also good at bring young players on but also spotting good young players. But he knows how to get best out of butterfield but maybe he get best out of bradly johnson even jamie handson. Perhaps get out old george thorne back when he first joined.

What do you guys think maybe have wassall as his number two and harry redknapp as scoting teams from the stands and laying out his advice.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't fancy him but then again, In my current mood with the future manager talk I'd take anyone and give them a go as you never know until you've tried it.

I have faith that Mel will appoint the right man in the summer as he has put the pressure on himself to ensure he makes the right decision.

I  have no probleams mel taking his time this on making right man for the job about not giving youth a chance that is not quite true i remmber him giveing young nakkie wells a chance from bradford city so also another young lad a chance about 2season  

Ago when steve mclean first came in. They caused trouble for us i think it was at there place derby were 2-0 up and they back for 2-2.

sorry B4 but so are so far off the money with this suggestions. Sacked by Huddersfield, sacked by Charlton, having pretty much done nothing of real note at either club, so not exactly a cv to get the fans salivating. If he had never played for Derby, or been at barkers testimonial you would never be making this suggestion.

have we learnt nothing about people with playing careers or time at the club.

i think we should have a managerial team of Seth, asanovic, Igor, idiakez, Darren Moore, kinkladze or big Steve Howard. All cult heroes what could go wrong......

6 minutes ago, KBB said:

sorry B4 but so are so far off the money with this suggestions. Sacked by Huddersfield, sacked by Charlton, having pretty much done nothing of real note at either club, so not exactly a cv to get the fans salivating. If he had never played for Derby, or been at barkers testimonial you would never be making this suggestion.

have we learnt nothing about people with playing careers or time at the club.

i think we should have a managerial team of Seth, asanovic, Igor, idiakez, Darren Moore, kinkladze or big Steve Howard. All cult heroes what could go wrong......

Charlton were L1 Champions in 2012 - hardly nothing of real note.

Otherwise agreed - not the one to take us on.

18 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Charlton were L1 Champions in 2012 - hardly nothing of real note.

Otherwise agreed - not the one to take us on.

Must admit I didn't know that so fair play for him on that note, but still achieved nothing in this level

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

I loved that Derby team Chris Powell played in.What a fantastic pro.

No from me,but a better suggestion than some names I've seen.

But you have to take your hat off to Jim Smith for getting rid of player of the season and future England international Chris Powell to bring in the incredible Stefan Schnoor at left back. What a stroke of genius that was from the Bald Eagle. :blink:

Archived