Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jimmy, you'll have to win it before you go to Chelsea otherwise you'll have to watch out for John Terry getting in on the team photograph. ;)

Actually, I hope you draw at Old Trafford then win it at home against Everton, as many fans as possible deserve that I was there moment. 

8 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

Leicester will be in pot 1 in the champions league as well?

8 hours ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

Yes

Have they changed it now ton champions in pot 1? City had to start off in pot 3 for a few years. 

Three years ago last month I took daughter to her first footy match. The Rams were battling relegation and on a run of eight games without a win.  Nigel Pearson's Leicester were visitors at Pride Park. They were struggling to get in the playoffs.  I think they finished 8th in the end.  An on-loan Chris Martin was in the Derby line-up.  I think he scored his first Rams goal that day. 

It was a battling backs-to-the-wall display that Derby won 2-1.

Five of the players in that Leics squad (Morgan, Schlupp, Vardy, Drinkwater, Schmeical) have been regulars for Leics this season and will deservedly pick up Premier League winners medals next weekend. An absolutely remarkable story. I for one congratulate them. Real Roy of the Rovers stuff for fans and players alike. 

For years I thought that never again would a provincial side be able to break the monopoly of the big city teams with their money and glamour. What I love about the Leices story is that it gives us all hope.  Maybe the best we should aim for is not mid-table Prem with the hope of a little cup glory if lucky... but instead strive for the top 4 a European nights once again in Derby. 

The Leicester story shows that any top end Championship side, could with a handful of smart signings, an astute manager and a little luck, compete at the top end of the Prem.

And I love that.

On 28.4.2016 at 10:43, therealhantsram said:

Three years ago last month I took daughter to her first footy match. The Rams were battling relegation and on a run of eight games without a win.  Nigel Pearson's Leicester were visitors at Pride Park. They were struggling to get in the playoffs.  I think they finished 8th in the end.  An on-loan Chris Martin was in the Derby line-up.  I think he scored his first Rams goal that day. 

Five of the players in that Leics squad (Morgan, Schlupp, Vardy, Drinkwater, Schmeical) have been regulars for Leics this season and will deservedly pick up Premier League winners medals next weekend. An absolutely remarkable story. I for one congratulate them. Real Roy of the Rovers stuff for fans and players alike. 

For years I thought that never again would a provincial side be able to break the monopoly of the big city teams with their money and glamour. What I love about the Leices story is that it gives us all hope.  Maybe the best we should aim for is not mid-table Prem with the hope of a little cup glory if lucky... but instead strive for the top 4 a European nights once again in Derby. 

The Leicester story shows that any top end Championship side, could with a handful of smart signings, an astute manager and a little luck, compete at the top end of the Prem.

And I love that.

Awesome memories...

'cause I can't remember us beating Leicester, vice versa too often thou.

On 28 April 2016 at 08:43, therealhantsram said:

And I love that.

If I could give 10 likes to this post I would. This is why we support our team. This is what sporting contests are about. This is sport full stop ! 

It could be us, it isn't a dream anymore .. It's been done. If you can dream and not make dreams your master, if you can fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of distance run ... COYR 

I listened to a United podcast and according to the United fans they were being all billy big time at the weekend.. they also asked them who their biggest rivals were and they said 'Forest, Derby but more recently because we are in the same league Villa'.. poor Leicester, no one hates them..

Just now, Jimmy Skitz said:

United fans moaning about people giving it Billy big ********?

and more importantly why is a Derby fan listening to a United podcast?

The majority of United fans are proper football fans. I listen to it because one of my mates hosts it.

I must only encounter the ***** then, most of them think they have a divine right to win 10-0 because they are Manchester United.

btw what exactly were the Leicester fans doing to be "billy bigshot" thinking they could win away at Man Utd?

Archived