Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

Leicester have that vital ingredient, luck.

If Swansea had kept them at bay until the 2nd half, Leicester may have got nervous.

As it was, Williams hits a hopeless pass, Mahrez controls it with his elbow, and 8 mins in all pressure is off.

Gary Player always said the more he practised the luckier he got, so I'm not taking anything away from the Foxes, they'll surely do it now.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Leicester have that vital ingredient, luck.

If Swansea had kept them at bay until the 2nd half, Leicester may have got nervous.

As it was, Williams hits a hopeless pass, Mahrez controls it with his elbow, and 8 mins in all pressure is off.

Gary Player always said the more he practised the luckier he got, so I'm not taking anything away from the Foxes, they'll surely do it now.

Not to mention Chelsea players spending half a season trying to get their manager the sack, Man Utd having an injury crisis and spending a whole season blooding youngsters, with a manager a lot of their fans hate; Manchester City focussing almost entirely on their European ambitions, Arsenal Bottlers being their usual self, Klopp's impact at Liverpool not being quite what was expected...

...a cornucopia of perfect conditions for their success.

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Not to mention Chelsea players spending half a season trying to get their manager the sack, Man Utd having an injury crisis and spending a whole season blooding youngsters, with a manager a lot of their fans hate; Manchester City focussing almost entirely on their European ambitions, Arsenal Bottlers being their usual self, Klopp's impact at Liverpool not being quite what was expected...

To make it worse, the missus is a Spurs fan.

I for one don't want Leicester to win the Premier League. They first of all went into administration to wipe off their debt then they have made up some fictitious company to flaunt FFP rules while we were abiding by the rules and finishing third. Cheats that's all I can say.

44 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I for one don't want Leicester to win the Premier League. They first of all went into administration to wipe off their debt then they have made up some fictitious company to flaunt FFP rules while we were abiding by the rules and finishing third. Cheats that's all I can say.

On the other hand, Leicester going into administration in 2002-03 set the stage for the FA and Football League to introduce stringent rules to prevent others taking advantage the way they did - so in a way, they did the game a service

/Don't know whether anyone will buy that

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

On the other hand, Leicester going into administration in 2002-03 set the stage for the FA and Football League to introduce stringent rules to prevent others taking advantage the way they did - so in a way, they did the game a service

/Don't know whether anyone will buy that

I won't and what's your opinion on the fictitious company in the Sheffield industrial estate that provided them with money to win the Championship. May be Fawaz could have made one of them up.

9 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I won't and what's your opinion on the fictitious company in the Sheffield industrial estate that provided them with money to win the Championship. May be Fawaz could have made one of them up.

No opinion whatsoever.

When the LOG ousted the Amigos, we were placed into 'temporary' administration whilst the transfer of the ownership took place, and we weren't docked points. If we had have been, we could have been relegated.

10 hours ago, Gritters said:

That can't be true. The people who want Pearson as our manager have assured me that he barely spent any money at Leicester. Surely they can't have been wrong.

Back in the past we did go into administration,and don't forget Robert Maxwell who bought the club,splashed a load of money about.Later we found out the money was stolen from the pension fund leaving employees without pension cover. You can't hold clubs responsible for previous dishonest owners.

On 4/24/2016 at 22:42, Coconut said:

Fair play to them.  Another 14 teams in a similar boat to Leicester could've taken advantage of the situation but didn't.  Anyone other than the teams above (Liverpool being the exception) gets my appreciation.  Watching Manure & Chelsea steamroller everyone for a decade or so was soooooooooo friggin boring. If they do it, it'll be a once in a lifetime achievement and should be celebrated.  Even if it will be strange to look at the history books and see that Wes 'Red Donkey' Morgan will have more Premier League winners medals than such great players as Le Tissier, Gerrard, Di Canio, Bale & Alonso

TBH they deserve everything.

A lot of people said they would bottle it but they haven't 

The swansea game could have gone terribly wrong for them, they went out and thumped them 4-0.

Spurs, at home to west brom, bottled it and got a 1-1.

I think they will win it at man u, they will have the cushion of knowing they don't have to win it and i reckon they will throw everything at them.

Good luck to em I say.

I've always had a soft spot for Ranieri too.

58 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Will Leicester bin off Ranieri in favour of a manager who is able to win them the champions league? 

Mourinho isn't confirmed anywhere yet, is he? Could get them relegated, but win the champions league in the same season?

I don't begrudge the real Leicester fans the success, the one's who supported the club even in league 1 and when they looked like they could go out of business. 

But for idiots who've just jumped on the bandwagon I can't be doing with.. A lot of new sign ups on their forums and one of them in particular - "I'm going to get right in people's faces and laud it like an animal" << signed up April 4th :lol:

The true fans will be sharing their stadium with a load of bandwagon supporters next season, the real supporters who stuck by the club through the hard times are already losing their season tickets to the glory hunting rats. 

57 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm delighted for Leicester and I really hope they do it.

If it was Forest, I'd throw the TV in the nearest pond and follow Water Polo instead.

If it was Forest I'd lumped about 500 quid on when they were still maybe 4/1 about 6 weeks back, and then still prayed to god they failed :lol:, I really couldn't stand that lot winning it, a proper jealous b****** i'd have been haha.

Got no beef with Leicester at all, bar the few idiots who have come out the woodwork.

Archived