Wassall's post match interview with Owen Bradley

North_Stand_Ram

If you haven't heard, here it is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03kmr3n

I was there today, and although I was angry leaving the ground, I wasn't half as angry as I am now. The arrogance of the man. Don't know how Owen managed to keep his cool. Childish. 

The comment made after he asked why two strikers were brought on is just ridiculous. 

The game wasn't won at 3-0 with 15 minutes to go? You're right Darren, because of your embarrassing tactical changes. 

How he says you can't blame the substitutes. Clement came out and admitted his mistakes post Boro, Wassall seems to think everyone else is to blame but him... 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I've posted very similar in the matchday section, matey. I felt angrier in the car listening to him failing to take responsibility than I did when Leon Best did the impossible. Twice.

Game management? I'm pretty sure game management includes correct subs and formations to close out a game. Not to bring on two fecking strikers... God, it got my blood boiling 

15 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I was there today, and although I was angry leaving the ground, I wasn't half as angry as I am now. The arrogance of the man. Don't know how Owen managed to keep his cool. Childish. 

The comment made after he asked why two strikers were brought on is just ridiculous. 

The game wasn't won at 3-0 with 15 minutes to go? You're right Darren, because of your embarrassing tactical changes. 

How he says you can't blame the substitutes. Clement came out and admitted his mistakes post Boro, Wassall seems to think everyone else is to blame but him... 

Oh dear Darren, that was awkward. Just getting over it and hear that, really doesn't come out of the substitutions questions well does he.

Feel sorry for him, clearly a club man but his defensiveness is bordering of blind stubbornness. Think it's a point been made before, he's used to managing kids and sadly sounds very p.e teacher.

Time for a pint.

My favourite part of that interview is him not taking responsibility for his poor substitutions because we hadn't conceded for the first 7 minutes they were on the pitch. I defended him and blamed Mel for the appointment but with interviews like that he can **** off he can't be defended. I've been critical of OB but hats off for that interview asked questions that needed to be asked even when Wassall was using deflection tactics, I'd of lost it with him personally. 

Mel now needs to put this fool out of his misery and send him back to the academy where he can make mistakes to his hearts content in a risk free environment. That is his level - he should be nowhere near the first team. He is arrogant, stubborn and nieve. Unfortunately I don't think Mel has got the stomach to make another change and admit he was wrong for another time this season. Neither MM or DW are putting the fans first here - they are both more concerned with their own agendas and couldn't give a f*** about those who truly make DCFC what it is see their club become a total joke.

46 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Just listened to DWs' interview - they don't get any better do they? Noticeable how often he refers to the magnificent away support - smacks of being condescending and arrogant and a weak attempt to deflect criticism levied at him personally.

Just watched the Ramsplayer interview, which is worse than Radio Derby. Of course Colin Gibson isn't going to ask any difficult questions because he's a club employee, but Wassall decided to get his retaliation in early anyway. He said repeatedly that what happened was nothing to do with the substitutions and that he's brought on "an England international and a £3.5m signing" and this showed what happened could have had nothing to do with the changes.

In positive mode, both he and CG repeatedly say for 80 minutes it was the best football we've played all season.

Another week goes by and it's yet another dreadful waste, again snatching despair from the jaws of hope. I used to say it's the hope that kills you, but there's not a lot of that left. Perhaps I'm being unfair, but I have sometimes thought our U21 lineups looked very unbalanced. Now I wonder if for Wassall it really isn't about positions but about the personnel on the pitch, who can play where they like.

That said, the senior players should have taken responsiblility and Johnson should have gone into Thorn's position at either 0-3 or 1-3 to see the game out.

Its amazing how 100% of you blaime Wassall for a teams inability to stop simple goals from crosses.

The game was won, and I would have made the same subs, keep george fresh for saturday, same for martin.

The only possible argument is keeping 1 sub back just incase they get a goal back, just like negative nigel used to do when he wouild bring on buxton as his third centre half for the closing moments.

keogh individual error for one.

christie and olsson between them cannot stop crosses at source, or defend the back post when an aerial ball comes in.

Oh how i long for PCs style of play, with a balanced shape, where these goals just dont happen.

After his "delighted" comments following the MK Dons game, I thought he wasn't deluded, and that he was trying to protect the players.

But after that interview today, I'm having a hard time believing that he knows what he's talking about.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

After his "delighted" comments following the MK Dons game, I thought he wasn't deluded, and that he was trying to protect the players.

But after that interview today, I'm having a hard time believing that he knows what he's talking about.

I defended him too after the first post match interview. I felt slagging off a team without a win in 9, with confidence at its lowest was not a good thing to do. But now he just seems pretty clueless. Feel sorry for him, its not his fault hes not up to the job and that he was offered it. Why people feel the need to almost hate him I will never know!

Bloke in front of me - was screaming out for a sub - at 90 mins..why didn't we make a sub and kill the game.....by the 92nd minute - we were all screaming for a sub. 

Archived