Karanka

Bris Vegas

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

This guy from OneBoro has got this forum summed up.

Just looked on the Derby forum and they are either arguing amongst themselves, complaining about this forum or being sarcastic about our league position.

Disagree - no mention of puns. Completely misjudged us.

Its funny because the pressure has gotten to us and Boro for the past 2 seasons, last season Boro were in the driving seat as well before a late slump in form, this season 7 points clear of 3rd with a game in hand and now about to drop out the top 2 with zero games in hand.. and their manager's throwing a tantrum and walking out..

It almost reminds me of another club.... 

Steve Gibson - "Promotion isn't our aim this season, it never was, we wanted to sustain a certain level of performance before going up, get the whole playing staff playing a certain way, so it trickles all the way down to the u21s and young kids in our acedamy, we spent 9m pound on Jordon Rhodes and bringing in other players not to win promotion but to have good big squad in case of injuries... we also wanted to stamp a Boro way on everything we do".

Reminds me of someone but can't think who...

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

Steve Gibson - "Promotion isn't our aim this season, it never was, we wanted to sustain a certain level of performance before going up, get the whole playing staff playing a certain way, so it trickles all the way down to the u21s and young kids in our acedamy, we spent 9m pound on Jordon Rhodes and bringing in other players not to win promotion but to have good big squad in case of injuries... we also wanted to stamp a Boro way on everything we do".

Doesn't really work when it's the manager that's walked and not pushed

A statement from MFC...

Middlesbrough Football Club can confirm that Aitor Karanka did not take training on Saturday morning.

Assistant Head Coach Steve Agnew will take charge of the team for Sunday’s fixture at Charlton Athletic.

We appreciate supporters will want to know further details, but at this time the club cannot make any further comment and is solely focused on Sunday's game at The Valley.

Read more at http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-boro-aitor-karanka-steve-agnew-3002729.aspx#Ik4fQkk3gzIACKfb.99

Is that the greatest or the worst statement ever?

24 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Love it.

What does it show about clubs that spend millions to improve their squads fit for a successful purpose. All it seems to do is put the whole club under enormous pressure, especially the manager. Clearly Karanka is under intense pressure that's now having the wrong effect on his players performances. Being a man who's English had improve somewhat in recent times, now having watched several of his post match interviews in recent weeks when he loses or draws he becomes totally unable to say just one word anybody can understand, he just mumbles it seems. Looks as though he's just lost the plot. He obviously believed quite wrongly that if you spend millions on new players they should all play brilliantly everyweek, sadly life's not always like that as we have discovered this season..

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I heard that Karanka had allegedly been messing around with the wife of-

Actually, never mind :ph34r:

We have collaborated for a great tweet. I bet I don't get a single retweet tho 

I can remember the thread earlier this season when posters were saying boro were nailed on for walking away with the chapionship.

Archived