Karanka

Bris Vegas

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested to know how the decision was made for him to not take charge of Boro's loss against Charlton. If Karanka voluntarily said "I'm not going" then to me that would be a position you can't return from.

It's a little like the reason that is debated for why we didn't go up last season. McClaren's "lack of commitment" rubbed off on to the players and caused a loss of confidence, loss of ambition, whatever. If Karanka is storming out of training and not going to games then I struggle to see how the players could remain completely confident in him as their manager.

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

All seems very strange. Once things are public it's pretty terminal. Thought one of the big issues was downing and it'll be interesting to see how that has been resolved. 

Wish we still had to play them......perhaps play offs ☺

knowing our luck we will be playing them in the playoffs and everything will be fine again.. another straightforward defeat..

I watched Karanka's pre Hull match press conference last night, where members of the press gave him quite a grilling after last weekends fiasco. The man was clearly totally embarrassed whatever the truth as to what had actually been going on within the club. But it wasn't difficult to read between the lines that he'd had a major bust up with some of his players at last Friday's team meeting, a few of which had obviously taken offence to his recent public criticism of them. This obviously got back to Mr Gibson & the Boro board, hence why his was told to stay away from the trip to Charlton, to at least let his Latin temperament cool somewhat. 

I reckon had Boro beaten Charlton well on Sunday, Karanka may well have been sacked. But following their shocking performance Gibson & his board were obviously left with a very difficult dilemma & situation, so it was considered best to give Karanka a good talking too on Monday & try & smooth things over between Karanka & the players as best they could. Whatever they decided they had to try & stop their season falling apart & perhaps getting rid of him with only 10 games of the season to go may have be more likely to destroy their season. Some type of stability at this time was needed at least, & on top of the millions they've already spent this season in order to get promoted, the idea of sacking Karanka & paying up his recently signed 4 year contract wasn't an avenue that appealed to them either.

But I have a strong feeling things still remain very bad behind the scenes, & following all this I don't think you'll see Karanka kept on as manager at the end of this season whether they make it to Prem or not. I believe Hull will beat them fairly easily tomorrow night, from there on I think Boro's season could well continue to implode, with Karanka getting even more hot under the collar. Let's just wait & see, & now with Harry's quidance in place take real advantage of it iourselves if we can.

COYR

3 hours ago, TETRA said:

I watched Karanka's pre Hull match press conference last night, where members of the press gave him quite a grilling after last weekends fiasco. The man was clearly totally embarrassed whatever the truth as to what had actually been going on within the club. But it wasn't difficult to read between the lines that he'd had a major bust up with some of his players at last Friday's team meeting, a few of which had obviously taken offence to his recent public criticism of them. This obviously got back to Mr Gibson & the Boro board, hence why his was told to stay away from the trip to Charlton, to at least let his Latin temperament cool somewhat. 

I reckon had Boro beaten Charlton well on Sunday, Karanka may well have been sacked. But following their shocking performance Gibson & his board were obviously left with a very difficult dilemma & situation, so it was considered best to give Karanka a good talking too on Monday & try & smooth things over between Karanka & the players as best they could. Whatever they decided they had to try & stop their season falling apart & perhaps getting rid of him with only 10 games of the season to go may have be more likely to destroy their season. Some type of stability at this time was needed at least, & on top of the millions they've already spent this season in order to get promoted, the idea of sacking Karanka & paying up his recently signed 4 year contract wasn't an avenue that appealed to them either.

But I have a strong feeling things still remain very bad behind the scenes, & following all this I don't think you'll see Karanka kept on as manager at the end of this season whether they make it to Prem or not. I believe Hull will beat them fairly easily tomorrow night, from there on I think Boro's season could well continue to implode, with Karanka getting even more hot under the collar. Let's just wait & see, & now with Harry's quidance in place take real advantage of it iourselves if we can.

COYR

Pretty good analysis TETRA. Would be great karma if we could pass the team who seemed to act as one of the trigger points for our recent bout of turbulence.

I also noted Karanka referring to "everyone pulling together" - usually a clear sign of the disharmony that you refer to.

Archived