Karanka

Bris Vegas

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Talks did take place.... So yeh, nice one indeed.

As for Karanka... Things are getting interesting. I wonder if he will stick to his word.

Haha carry on... 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Talks did take place....

An agent throwing his hat in the ring, and Derby saying we're not looking for anyone immediately, doesn't constitute "talks". 

25 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Like I said, if you're ever going to pull me up on something, get the quotes right and you may have a point.

No digging here, my original statement was 100% correct and talks with Pearson's team, while brief, took place.

Sorry, that's like saying if I click on one of your links, then your site has contacted me.

23 minutes ago, eddie said:

Sorry, that's like saying if I click on one of your links, then your site has contacted me.

Not really. Talks were expected to take place, as Pearson's team made contact for the job. I haven't stated otherwise, so no point in trying to pull me up on something I haven't even said.

34 minutes ago, RamNut said:

An agent throwing his hat in the ring, and Derby saying we're not looking for anyone immediately, doesn't constitute "talks". 

I didn't know Morris was going to say he wasn't interested at the time. If I did, I would have stated.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Next to leave? Watch this space...

All over social media now. Sky sport sources beleive Karanka walked out on training......

Is it coincidence sky have boro Charlton as a live game this week? 

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Next to leave? Watch this space...

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Come on, Eddie. With Mr I'm Never Wrong and have an excuse for everything, is that likely to happen?

I was wrong when I predicted Manchester City to win the Premier League this season. Wrong when I said Scott Carson was no better than we had, wrong when I said McClaren will do well at Newcastle.

I've been wrong on many occasions. But for some reason, people are pruposely mis-quoting me to try and make a point. Eddie is was one of the main culprits.

Wait, I don't get it. This place basically wanted Nixon's babies for getting a couple of backroom signings right, despite a stream of rumours that went nowhere. Bris has been pretty on the money and has a good range of right calls here and there are people question him constantly? Is it just that we know him around here, and he's just "one of us" so people don't believe he could have a good source or two?

I know he and I haven't seen eye to eye in the past, particularly when it comes to converting currency, but he seems to have good sources these days. 

Anyhow, looks like there's something to this. 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I was wrong when I predicted Manchester City to win the Premier League this season. Wrong when I said Scott Carson was no better than we had, wrong when I said McClaren will do well at Newcastle.

I've been wrong on many occasions. But for some reason, people are pruposely mis-quoting me to try and make a point. Eddie is was one of the main culprits.

Come on mate, give it up. I appreciate you've provided some good information, for example the Bradley Johnson story. Karanka may well be true, I'm not going to say you're lying because I have no right to do so. But when you say "Pearson is expected to have talks" and then deny saying anything of the sort when the quote is brought up, it's pulling someone's leg a bit isn't it.

By saying Pearson's 'expected to have talks' that's sort of insinuating he's being lined up for the job. If he was media usually get sniffs of that. I could be wrong but I believe Mel even denied speaking to Pearson when he met the forum chosen ones for vegetarian breakfast. It's fine to be wrong, but at least be able to accept it when you are. Being wrong on predictions is completely different to making a claim that doesn't come off, then trying to distance yourself from it when the proof is there.

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bris, you are so far up your own backside that you might as well carry a toothbrush.

18 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Come on mate, give it up. I appreciate you've provided some good information, for example the Bradley Johnson story. Karanka may well be true, I'm not going to say you're lying because I have no right to do so. But when you say "Pearson is expected to have talks" and then deny saying anything of the sort when the quote is brought up, it's pulling someone's leg a bit isn't it.

By saying Pearson's 'expected to have talks' that's sort of insinuating he's being lined up for the job. If he was media usually get sniffs of that. I could be wrong but I believe Mel even denied speaking to Pearson when he met the forum chosen ones for vegetarian breakfast. It's fine to be wrong, but at least be able to accept it when you are. Being wrong on predictions is completely different to making a claim that doesn't come off, then trying to distance yourself from it when the proof is there.

I would have quoted it differently if I meant differently. Pearson was expected to have talks, his team contacted Derby looking to have talks. That happened, as I said it was.

Leeds Ram earlier suggested that I said the two were having talks. As in I said the two were in a meeting having talks... Where did I say that? I didn't, and neither did I say that Mel Morris was the one seeking out Pearson for talks. I never said that...

I'll deny something if you purposely misquote me to suit your own agenda. I don't mind being called up on stuff, but people shouldn't  lie about what I've said to try and suit their own agenda.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Talks did take place.... 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

talks with Pearson's team, while brief, took place.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Talks were expected to take place,

Ooops. 

Meanwhile..... Imagine what Mel's thinking.

should he risk approaching a former Real Madrid no2, who can get a team to the top of the league, albeit the football might be a bit boring?

This one even looks like John Gregory.

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ooops. 

Again, you're purposely misquoting me to suit your own agenda. I'll break it down for you..

Talks were expected to take place was the first step. Pearson's team then contacted Derby and Morris seemingly wasn't interested. There was dialogue between Pearson's team and Morris, which is called a 'talk' however brief it was.

I, personally, expected Morris to sit down with Pearson and actually discuss the possibility of Pearson becoming a new manager. In the same way that I expected Charlie Austin to remain a QPR player until the end of the season, because he actually said he would, only to then go back on his word and join Southampton.

You're all trying to suggest that I've said talks were either taking place, or that I've said that Morris is seeking out Pearson for talks. I've said neither, so why bother making this stuff up?

The information I gathered was on Pearson's side. His team were interested in having talks with Derby and expected to at least have more than a 'we're not interested at this time' response from Mel Morris.

I've never claimed otherwise...

Bris.

I'm sure you're a great bloke. Excellent company and good at spotting girls with big dangly earrings.

but ffs.

You have no more clue about what might or might not have happened than any of us.

Archived