Stephen Warnock

TheDeadlySaul

39 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What? 

credit where it's due Ed.

The moaning has been up there with any other club all season.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Are you new to the forum eddie?

I mean bemoaning the left back situation. Now it's suddenly a crisis of life-changing proportions, because basically Rams fans in general have developed a sense of entitlement to rival that of Forest or Newcastle. Two decent seasons is all it took for people to develop a 'big club' mentality. Mel could end up being the best thing to affect our club in years, yet there are any number who would now run him out of town because they see him as something between an interfering busybody and a control freak.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good move on our behalf, now we've got the silky attacking skills of Olsson to rely on.

Hold on, what's this I've seen on WhoScored.com? 

Olsson has played 2328 mins this season without an assist, while Warnock has 2 in 1702 mins of football, surely not?

Christie has 3 assists and 1 goal in 2766 mins of football this season, in comparison.

Still at least his career stats in England aren't bad, 5 assists in 7323 mins of football since 2011, that's an average of 1 assist every 1465 mins he's on the pitch.

I'm sure that's mostly down to Blackburn not having the players to get on the end of his good work, more chance Martin getting on the end of crosses than Rhodes and Gestede, I'd have thought.

As much of an asset Warnock could have been between now and the end of the season, I don't think letting him go out on loan was largely our decision. 

He won't be here next season and he's currently looking at cameo appearances and the odd start due to injury at best. 

At the point in his career, he needs a big few months to show teams that he's worth one, maybe two, more year(s) at a decent standard. I think Wassall has understood that and allowed him to move on with our best wishes. 

I believe with a big squad, to keep everyone happy, you have to really empathise with the players. If you genuinely look after the player's best interests then it gives you a great chance at managing a big squad. I'm not that surprised. I would say it's a good move by all parties and Warnock has to impress at Wigan. 

Warnock doesnt have the engine of a Christie or Olsson.

But he was decent enough going forward and could put a better cross in than Olsson.

Was a much better player defensively.

So obviously disappointed in this.

Having said that I think Wassall has done the right thing, if he isnt at least going to start 50% of our games.

Bit selfish of derby fans to expect him to stay and be professional, when hes out of contract in the summer and basically the club has treated him like $hit

Didn't make sense at 1st but like Wassall said he's out of contract soon and it's not getting younger I bet he wants to play 1st team football or at least bench! Was my player of the season but could it of been he was playing for the contract like a lot of players do! Could of been shop window who knows.

Best of luck to the lad where ever he ends up top professional.

Warnock was our best player for a portion of the season and the only one that was showing any commitment. 

Probably just a ruse so they can shoehorn in Bradley "I must start every game when fit" Johnson into the starting 11. 

Ludicrous move. 

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

Warnock was our best player for a portion of the season and the only one that was showing any commitment. 

Probably just a ruse so they can shoehorn in Bradley "I must start every game when fit" Johnson into the starting 11. 

Ludicrous move. 

Wassall has made it clear that Warnock wasn't to be offered a new contract for next season, so surely if the aim for now (as well as promotion) is to get a settled team that plays well to follow into next season then making olsson first choice made sense? He's never said johnson is to become 1st choice left back, he's just said he's the cover

The squad was (probably still is) too big and players needed to go. I liked Warnock, have nothing against him but he's one of our oldest and is probably earning a fair whack. If think there'd be a bigger backlash with the offloading of almost any other player than the one we've seen with Warnock.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Warnock loaned out pretty much straight away after Stabana got contract?

I like Warnock, but as he propably has quite good salary and is not in the first team, loan makes sense. Coup from Wigan, no doubt.

PistoldPete2

Dont think from what Ive seen Ollsson is any better than Warnock except maybe younger and fitter , neither of which can be ignored. Having Warnock as the sole left back is maybe more risky than having Ollson as the only left back for that reason. 

Of Course we will have Fozzy back next year.

4 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Not sure what message this sends out...

Play well, get sent out to the @r$e end of nowhere on loan. Galling given that certain players can under perform consistently and still get in the first XI regardless.

you know what, I think there may have been a clause in his contract. I wonder how many games he's played in total and if another 1, 3, 5 or whatever triggered another year. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that to me in the boozer the other day.

17 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

you know what, I think there may have been a clause in his contract. I wonder how many games he's played in total and if another 1, 3, 5 or whatever triggered another year. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that to me in the boozer the other day.

24 games, so could be. 25 would be a nice round number for such a clause.

14 minutes ago, sage said:

It is possible for someone to play well individually but still have a negative impact on the team due to their style of play.

For instance Shackell being a good defender but slowing down our play.

Slash is an excellent guitarist but you wouldn't want him in The Smiths. 

Did someone else think that Warnock would have prevented R's first goal? He has taken care of similar situations quite often this season!

Bit suprised that Caldwell decided to loan such a "old" player as usually he prefers younger ones who are capable to pass quickly.. but at the same time, their best signing (according to fans) has been Jääskeläinen who is about 40...

Archived