Billy Davies

Spanish

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3466475/Billy-Davies-whispering-campaign-against-reason-m-not-job.html

Yet there have been nowhere as many calls from Barclays Premier League clubs as he thinks there should have been.

‘In terms of results and managerial technique I am an untapped English Premier League manager,’ he tells Sportsmail. 

‘I have no doubts, no doubts about it.

‘Premier League clubs have made a huge mistake by bringing in certain managers from certain countries when I know that, without any doubt, I would have kept them in the division.

‘And then I would have taken them to a good level. I am an untapped manager.’

He is keen to get to the nub of why. To jab an accusatory finger at those he believes sabotaged his career.

From a black folder he pulls out evidence. Sheaths of documents. A signed affidavit even.

Legally, it would be unwise to delve into the whos or whys of his demise over two spells at Nottingham Forest.

Yet this much he will say, leaning forward for emphasis.

‘There was a whispering campaign against me. Absolutely.

‘Clubs were warned off me.

‘Do the homework yourself and look at clubs over the years – going right back – who avoided a conversation with Davies.

‘Look at the stats of Davies and what he was employed to do and there is no doubt about it. No doubt.’

Pages of stats are produced as evidence. They show he never fell below 79 points in a season. That he holds the record for manager-of-the-month awards in the Championship (seven). He left clubs wealthier than when he found them. And he had a knack of taking teams to play-offs or promotion.

‘I know myself I should be managing in the English Premier League.

Comedy Gold:lol::lol:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a complete and utter plank. Of course chairmen are warned off him. There doesn't need to be a whispering campaign because he demonstrated how dangerous it is to appoint him by turning Forest fans against one of the most generous chairmen in the league.

Love it. "Whisper" as in chairman A calls forest or DCFC or Preston says "I'm interested in hiring Billy Davies, can you give a reference?" And then club A does not follow up its interest. As for he didn't get enough money from Derby, well he spent seven million on claud Davies and rob Earnshaw, signed league 1 Eddie Lewis spent three weeks after the play off win arguing over his contract, couldn't attract pl standard players and won 1 match in the premier league. So, yes, whispering campaign against him. Not anything like his actions or record? Lolz. 

No club in their right mind would hire the crack pot, he spent the rest of his time here after the playoff win doing everything he could to get the boot, and his antics at Forest were the nail in the coffin, their still getting rid of the smell he left behind.

Ask any Derby, Forest and Preston fan what he was and they'd all say the same thing, a loony. 

If the reason for the piece was to reassure football club chairmen up & down the country that the rumours are untrue and that he is indeed the right man for their club, it back-fired spectacularly.  Doesn't matter of you don't support us, Florist or Preston, you wouldn't read a single word of that article and think he's a sane, rational human being...

"I'm not paranoid.... Here's my folders and folders of evidence....they really are after me.....I've got cameras everywhere, I'm recording you right now so if you twist what I say I'll get my brother onto you cos he's a lawyer" would entirely convince me that the person I was speaking to was a. Not paranoid and b. The right man to entrust a business turning over millions of pounds to. Deffnatly, tapped.

3 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

No club in their right mind would hire the crack pot, he spent the rest of his time here after the playoff win doing everything he could to get the boot, and his antics at Forest were the nail in the coffin, their still getting rid of the smell he left behind.

Ask any Derby, Forest and Preston fan what he was and they'd all say the same thing, a loony. 

Not everyone agrees with you. I would take him back in a heart beat, he would get this shower promoted without doubt.

Archived