New leader please

irobinson

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton have just got new owners.

New owners often decide - rightly or wrongly - to change manager (cough). Whilst its difficult to imagine that happening at everton, it could. Lets wait and see what happens. I'd rather have martinez than moyes.

chris hughton is also well placed at brighton. I think they are really going places. They have a fantastic new ground and training facility. Frankly he'd be crackers to come here and work for a trigger happy, meddling, albeit well meaning multi-millionaire. But if brighton don't go up maybe they would chase moyes or rodgers? And hughton could become available?

we need to wait to see who is available in the summer

It wouldn't even surprise me if they went for schteve again. 

But i still think the job is Wassall's to lose.

I go for Pearson as my 1st choice.

He wants the job, is willing to work with the existing set up, plays effective football which isn't unpleasant on the eye, is experienced, successful and highly thought of by the players he's managed.

He comes with a certain reputation as a nutter, but there's a method to his supposed madness, and it's not hard to find articles from journalists praising the relationships he builds away from the spotlight.

I'd get him in now, it's not too late to turn this season from a disappointment to a dream, and as much as I don't mind Wassall, I know which one I'd pick to lead us if I was in charge.

The gardening leave issue is a red herring, I'm sure Leicester would prefer not to be paying him to sit at home, especially when he wouldn't be moving to a direct rival.

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I go for Pearson as my 1st choice.

He wants the job, is willing to work with the existing set up, plays effective football which isn't unpleasant on the eye, is experienced, successful and highly thought of by the players he's managed.

He comes with a certain reputation as a nutter, but there's a method to his supposed madness, and it's not hard to find articles from journalists praising the relationships he builds away from the spotlight.

I'd get him in now, it's not too late to turn this season from a disappointment to a dream, and as much as I don't mind Wassall, I know which one I'd pick to lead us if I was in charge.

The gardening leave issue is a red herring, I'm sure Leicester would prefer not to be paying him to sit at home, especially when he wouldn't be moving to a direct rival.

Apologies if I have missed something somewhere, but how do you know Pearson wants the job?

Just now, Rammeister said:

Apologies if I have missed something somewhere, but how do you know Pearson wants the job?

Didn't Mel say at the breakfast meeting he'd already expressed his interest, and was told to wait until the end of the season, as we'd already appointed Wassall?

23 hours ago, Ramitupper said:

It will be Rowett in the summer I reckon. I suspect Mel's people have already approached him and got the answer - I'll come, but only at the end of the season. Unless Birmingham get promoted (which they won't).

Interesting. If (say) McClaren was to do something like that, everyone would be screaming "disloyal!"

Wassall is in the job till the end of the season. Only the fans are committed to promotion this season, Mel has said this has never been the main goal. Let Wassall see out the end of the season (rather than paying big money to get another manager out of his contract at another club or a huge signing fee) and we'll go again next season.

On 27 February 2016 at 22:32, archied said:

If it's not Rogers or moyes in the summer then it has to be Pearson now , but if it's Rogers or moyes in the summer Mel needs to let us fans know , this whole wassell trial run for the job and promotion not a priority is totally unfair to loyal Derby fans

Reality check, they are all proven Premiership managers they are not coming to a mid-table Championship side. 

7 hours ago, Shang said:

Wassall is in the job till the end of the season. Only the fans are committed to promotion this season, Mel has said this has never been the main goal. Let Wassall see out the end of the season (rather than paying big money to get another manager out of his contract at another club or a huge signing fee) and we'll go again next season.

Can't see how this is good for the fans or the players. Smacks of Paul Jewell admitting there's nothing to play for until next season - that ended well didn't it.

Archived