New leader please

irobinson

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's not Rogers or moyes in the summer then it has to be Pearson now , but if it's Rogers or moyes in the summer Mel needs to let us fans know , this whole wassell trial run for the job and promotion not a priority is totally unfair to loyal Derby fans

Unless there's someone who has specifically said they'll take it in the Summer, we may as well get someone in asap. I'm not bothered about this season but just so they can decide which of the rubbish in our squad they want rid of first.

I like Wassall but it's painfully clear he's not the man to take us forward long term. 

If we have to wait for the summer, i honestly feel this season is already over.. for me its a no brainer. get the man now..he will then have the remainder of the season to get to know the squad, and bring in and ship out what he needs in the summer break.to start next year. 

7 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Go on then ! Who would you choose irobinson ?

Think Rogers will wait for someone else

I would go for Moyes or Pearson (personally a couple of weeks ago - i never thought i would say that, about Pearson! But i think we may need a strong manager / coach - some of the performances today......)

4 hours ago, irobinson said:

Think Rogers will wait for someone else

I would go for Moyes or Pearson (personally a couple of weeks ago - i never thought i would say that, about Pearson! But i think we may need a strong manager / coach - some of the performances today......)

Rodgers would be a real coup ! And surely that has to be the majority of people's first choice but as you say he will go to a "bigger " team ! 

Moyes would do a good job ! The football might not be the easiest on the eye but I think he would get us promoted . 

Pearson , can't say I like the bloke from an outside point of view if he got appointed hopefully he could change my opinion!  

Last one I'll throw in is Mark Warburton and I think he's the all round best option ! As realistically we could lure him south of the border ! Wouldn't be on massive wages , knows the league and plays some good football ! He got a really good squad assembled at Brentford,  fit , hard working , everyone no knew there role and kept the squad small . 

18 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Rodgers would be a real coup ! And surely that has to be the majority of people's first choice but as you say he will go to a "bigger " team ! 

Moyes would do a good job ! The football might not be the easiest on the eye but I think he would get us promoted . 

Pearson , can't say I like the bloke from an outside point of view if he got appointed hopefully he could change my opinion!  

Last one I'll throw in is Mark Warburton and I think he's the all round best option ! As realistically we could lure him south of the border ! Wouldn't be on massive wages , knows the league and plays some good football ! He got a really good squad assembled at Brentford,  fit , hard working , everyone no knew there role and kept the squad small . 

Great analysis - exactly where I am.

5 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Warburton didn't want to tow the line at Brentford when they decided to change from a Manager to a Coach though and I don't think Pearson would like our set up either. I think Mel is going to try and tempt a 'big name' in the summer, I would prefer Rowett.

I thought it was more about having the say over transfer targets and how they were identified. 

Archived