Hughes back into to full first team training

North_Stand_Ram

47 minutes ago, cannable said:

Seven months exactly - injured on the 22/7/14 and made his comeback on the 22/2/15.

Hughes was injured on the 8/8/15. So he's currently on six months and eighteen days.

Do you think that the fact that Will has generally not had too many niggly injuries in his career to date will work in his favour? George Thorne seems to have had a series of lesser injuries between his ACLs. I don't know enough about sports injuries to guess. 

Anyway, best news for a long time and I am happy to wait for as long as it takes. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I remember Thorne playing on the Sat and then starting on the Tuesday. That might have been ambitious 

So it's true that Ambitious has been picking the team?

Knew he was close to Mel after the breakfast, but not that close!

Seems so long ago that faitful day at Bolton now, I can remember radio derby's "oh will's in pain, he's in serious pain", it was so painful for us as well :(. I didn't think it was that bad because someone said he was back out on the bench in the 2nd half.. only to find out it was 7-9 months out 2 days later :( 

4 hours ago, King Kevin said:

We spend £10 million in midfield and it's still not as good as if he had stayed fit.

How do you replace somebody of his class,cheaply? Then you have the problem of having 2 players of the same ability covering the same position.Losing him was the worst nightmare,especially for a new manager having to pick up the pieces of a previous seasons meltdown,plus Bryson as well.Then we have an owner telling the manager he has to play fast entertaining attacking football,like nothing has happened.

• 4 weeks later...

@Will Hughes Hair will doubtless be delirious at his imminent reattachment to Will Hughes' body after 6 months of separation anxiety.

In other news I've just done a little celebratory jig with just a hint of a fist pump thrown in for good measure. Immediately described by one hilarious wag as like watching  'Shrek with piles doing Riverdance'! 

He should be just about hitting match fitness in time for our triumphant play-off campaign.  There is little doubt that he'll score 1 and set up 5 in our 6-0 win over Boro in the final at Wembley.  Pretty much a done deal now....although it's possible that this excellent news has caused me to get a little over optimistic.  Still the best player in the squad in my opinion.

Archived