Hughes back into to full first team training

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imperative that he isn't rushed back and the club have learned from a similar situation with George Thorne last season.

Delighted to have him back training and he'll, of course, be an asset when he returns to the starting XI.

4 hours ago, satty atwal said:

I forsee prince wills making his comeback midday saturday 19th march :p

As cool as that would be, I'm not sure you want a player making his return from a serious injury in the match he's most likely to have the **** kicked out of him :p

1 minute ago, WorksopRam said:

How much was Thorne actually rushed back?

I can't remember all too much at the time, but it's all that everyone talks about. 

I heard rumours that Thorne once played 2 halves of football. Consecutively. On the same day. Too hasty by far.

Just looked up what the meaning of a Thorney Issue means. Ironically, it's talking about something with beautiful clarity like one of natures true orators, then quickly developing a stutter (on the same blummin word every time) and finally losing the ability to talk at all. But just a few months later, returning with the same grave, poise and skill - only to repeat the same cycle of temporary muteness all over again.

He's just unfortunate and it could be a long time, if ever, before he plays c40 games a season.

30 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

How much was Thorne actually rushed back?

I can't remember all too much at the time, but it's all that everyone talks about. 

Seven months exactly - injured on the 22/7/14 and made his comeback on the 22/2/15.

Hughes was injured on the 8/8/15. So he's currently on six months and eighteen days.

6 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Confirms Wassall

Great news. Says he won't be rushed back but hopefully after 3/4 u21 games, he'll be back into the side

interesting. I'm sure heard him say he could be in contention for tomorrow when I was listening to RD on my way home earlier. (I presume for the bench)

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

#Happy*

* Well at least up until someone from the forum's illuminati tells us he's overrated and only has the potential to become a mediocre premier league player. 

You'll upset someone. No names, but he'll be Bristling with indignation

Archived