Baird to Fulham

RamLad1884

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, they say he's gone back to Fulham but more accurately, he's still stood on the pitch at Craven Cottage from the last time he played.

Jury is out on whether this is because he's that slow that he's still not made his way off the pitch, or if it's because his concentration and reflexes are so poor he hasn't even noticed that everyone else went home nearly two weeks ago.

26 minutes ago, Shang said:

C'mon he wasn't terrible for us, but with Hanson deserving to be second choice after Thorne he is surplus to requirements.

Come to think of it, who's our right back cover? Ssewankambo?

I agree. Easy target, 'cause his not that fast and doesn't run around like headless chicken. Unfortunately he didn't play at the same level he did for NI.

Start of the money saving? Or perhaps just a next step after DW's appointment?

I put making Baird captain as Clement's first mistake which maybe harsh as he did have a decent enough pre season, it's just a typical fan view as I have no idea how the players took to him behind the scenes which may have made him the obvious choice.

Saying good riddance is a tad harsh as well for me, yes he got frustrated with a lack of football but I like that in a player, the fact they want to get out there and play, especially at Baird's age where his career is almost over anyway. So easy to sit on their arse collecting a nice cheque each month.

Is this also a first, a new signing that is made captain and loaned out all in one season? 

23 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Start of the money saving? Or perhaps just a next step after DW's appointment?

Hopefully just starting to deal with a bloated squad and removing unhappy players who'd be a negative influence on the rest.

Where do you start in culling the forwards though?. We have hardly seen some of them yet.

Archived