Nigel Pearson

Bris Vegas

Yes I would be happy with him. I honestly think his 'loony' character was a bit of a persona he had which managed to relieve pressure from his side, and if it was not for his son I have no doubt he'd be a Premier League manager right now. Plus he has previous experience of promotion to the Premier League while playing attractive football.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as my heart agrees with you all, Think about this...

He took an expensively assembled squad of players and got them playing for each other

They ripped through this league...100 points I and 100goals I think

Kept Leicester in the prem

And something has been very right about recruitment at Leicester over the last three years... Recruitment at Derby has been somewhat,well...haphazard.

so my head says there is a lot of sense in this move.

And finally,Philips does not appear to have been sacked. Mere coincidence?

3 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Remember the whole forum thought Pulis was going to be manger in Sep 2013 based on one picture.

Wait and see

Fat chance. Nigel Pearson hasn't even got a hat.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Had Pearson got pace? 

If he's got pace then we'll be fine. Can't beat pace.

How many backward passes did Leicester do in the 3 seasons Pearson was there? Probably the same amount as we did against Preston.

Pace?? I think a team of tortoises could move the ball quicker than us. 

I was disappointed when Clough went and to a degree when McClaren went but I'm slightly relieved Clement has gone. I don't think he was up to it.

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Pearson would be a good, solid choice. 

He's got a great track record with both young and experienced players and built aside that was exciting to watch. The Leicester team that ripped us to shreds 4-1 was excellent. 

All in all, I think it's probably the sensible choice. It's not the hiring of the 'next big thing' it's hiring a manager with a proven track record and knows the division. 

As exciting as some of the names would be, Pearson is probably the most sensible choice for a club in our situation. 

Who are the 'exciting' names - I've not seen any yet?

Would totally make sense. Leicester were playing some decent stuff when they were promoted. 

The guy is absolute banana but the odds on him getting us promotion will be pretty good plus he will bring some entertainment value aswell.

Makes sense now why we haven't got rid of Phillips, him and Pearson were at Leicester together if I remember correctly.

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, I'm saying NO based on his personality.

And fester did not get promoted right away, did spend money and a good manager has them significantly better off than he did.

Alright it's not quite "new coach Fred west" or anything, but I'm not warm. It'd be better than Colin i suppose.

do people realise that he got Leicester up from League One?

Yes, he had a spell at Hull in between, and had to go back and had to keep Leicester up before getting them promoted.

He's bonkers, but lets be right, so were Nigel Clough, Steve McClaren and Paul Clement in the way they acted in Press Conferences. Nigel had his delusional xenophobia, McClaren spoke in a dutch accent prior to coming here, and then spoke in riddles whilst here, and Clement started being a bit barmy and defiantly delusional about possession etc towards the end.

The be all and end all is what happens on the pitch. If any manager can bring us what Leicester had a couple of seasons ago, only a moron wouldn't take it.

Pearson's win % as a permanent boss:

Carlisle 16.66

Southampton 21.43

Leicester (1st spell) 51.40

Hull 35.94

Leicester (2nd spell) 46.70

Compare that with these managers at Derby:

Wee Billy 43.63

Nigel 33.50

Schteeeve 53.70

PC 42.40

Not all that dissimilar. out of the frying pan, into the fire?

Not happening. Mel's not going to turn this huge investment over to someone who can't hold himself together; who swears at the fans shuns the media and whose son and players did what they did in Thailand under his watch. He's popular now just because people view him as the architect of Leicesters success. He got them promoted and won a relegation dogfight. 

We will do far better than him, it will be a Rodgers or a Moyes.

Archived