Did PC lose the dressing room?

Half fan

The latest speculation seems to be that a revolt by the senior players forced Mel to backtrack on his stated intention to give PC a season.

Let's assume that is true, and feel a bit sorry for Mel having to abandon what he said through no fault of his own.

Now, let me see, was DCFC the club where the Chairman went onto the dressing room after a poor performance?

Oh yes, I think it was. A splendid move apparently.

But that couldn't possibly have encouraged the players to go direct to the Chairman, could it?

Well if I was the next Coach / Manager, I'd put a time lock on the dressing room door!

And that's now two Coaches, allegedly amongst the best in Europe, who have lost our exalted dressing room.

Perhaps our dressing room deserves to be lost.

Not an easy situation for any new coach to exert his authority with confidence -  unless the dressing room are rather scared of his physical intimidation.

Sounds like Mr Pearson is the only man for the job.

There's only one way to find out! FIGHT!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Cisse said:

The kind of money the players are paid they should play for the club who ever is in charge and do that to thebest of their abilities. Even if Clement has made some mistakes the players are at fault too.

Providing they understand their instructions and are confident in what's asked of them. Management is definitely significantly more at fault here than the players. 

For me...with his background; surely the nuts and bolts of his management were good eg training was varied and very considered, and things like diet, match preparation, opposition analysis was first class? Which means any 'revolt' could only be about more subjective things like man-management or team spirit...

I know I am going to get a lot of stick again by this, but Paul Clement is simply not qualified for the job (nor he ever will be).

The biggest problem is that he does not have the personality attributes required for a boss. Successful head coaches are demanding. They are attention to details, OCD about small things, and demand their players to be OCD as well.

Recall Keogh has to take off his mask 30 minutes into the Birmingham game? My first reaction was: How is that possible? No head coach would allow silly things like this. If I were PC, before the match, I would have asked Keogh to train with the mask on. That's the only way to see if he's comfortable playing like that. And if Keogh says "nah, I'll be fine", I would ask him to run with the mask on, probably a few times around the pitch.

Sometimes small things like this tell you a lot.

Of course not all bosses are like that. One can become a successful head coach with his charm alone. Too bad PC does not have much, either; he himself admitted that he's not a big motivational speaker.

5 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Providing they understand their instructions and are confident in what's asked of them. Management is definitely significantly more at fault here than the players. 

As professional football players it would be reasonable to understand the instructions. The confidence should be built in as a professional athlete. Management surely hasn't achieved optimal results but I wouldn't blame this on Clement alone.

3 minutes ago, HKRam said:

I know I am going to get a lot of stick again by this, but Paul Clement is simply not qualified for the job (nor he ever will be).

The biggest problem is that he does not have the personality attributes required for a boss. Successful head coaches are demanding. They are attention to details, OCD about small things, and demand their players to be OCD as well.

Recall Keogh has to take off his mask 30 minutes into the Birmingham game? My first reaction was: How is that possible? No head coach would allow silly things like this. If I were PC, before the match, I would have asked Keogh to train with the mask on. That's the only way to see if he's comfortable playing like that. And if Keogh says "nah, I'll be fine", I would ask him to run with the mask on, probably a few times around the pitch.

Of course not all bosses are like that. One can become a successful head coach with his charm alone. Too bad PC does not have much, either; he himself admitted that he's not a big motivational speaker.

Seeing as he had a team of analyst's dissect the opposition before each game, I doubt he wouldn't have made sure his centre half was comfortable in his pre match equipment. 

24 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Did any of the players tweet about losing a dressing gown?

Is this time for another Andre Wisdom Sat Nav gag?

22 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Wasnt there a player who discarded his protective glasses in a game at the weekend? it happens.,

Just now, HKRam said:

Good shout. I totally agree. This decision was inevitable. Onwards and upwards. 

Archived