Did PC lose the dressing room?

Half fan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cisse said:

As professional football players it would be reasonable to understand the instructions. The confidence should be built in as a professional athlete. Management surely hasn't achieved optimal results but I wouldn't blame this on Clement alone.

I would absolutely blame the management team.

I don't buy this idea that as soon as a players 'make it' they automatically become some sort of optimum performance producing robot. They're human beings. I consider myself good at what I do for a living - but I have good weeks and bad weeks and my work performance fluctuates significantly based on who my direct supervisor is, how they motivate me and how clear their expectation is. I can't see how this changes for footballers - especially as most of them are around 10 years younger than me. 

'Losing the dressing room' is a weird phrase and taken in many different ways.

I don't think its about ego's etc...they are professional people and the majority are'nt as cocky/lazy/bolshy/arrogant etc etc as people tend to believe, but its pretty obvious that PCs man management skills left a little be desired when they were needed, along with his football ideals. He has in quite a short time drained whatever level of skill and flair was there out of most of those players that had any. Imagine if Will Hughes had been fit and available.......he'd now be playing like Paul Thirwell :-(

I'm confident that the way we set out to play and the stubbornness to change along with not picking a permanent captain, combined with recent results have on the whole caused PC to sink before his time.

Disappointing, but you never know how things will work out...yes he was a gamble but it was a decision made at the time with the right reasoning

I'm sure that in an interview with one of the players ( can't remember who) it was said that PC would tell anecdotes about how he'd coached some of the best players in the world . I thought at the time that if he did that too often some players might be really fed up of hearing it!

I have no idea if he 'lost the dressing room', but it was pretty obvious that the players weren't buying into what he was trying to get them to do.  I've never seen so many games where the players appeared to have no idea what they were supposed to be doing on the pitch.  And I can't imagine Chris Martin was happy at having to run the channels chasing 40 yard lobbed passes while everyone else sits back and protects the back 4.

Archived