Clement will probably be sacked after the Fulham game. Bet that's what some of you want.

wixman1884

The only person I'd want is Laudrup but right now Clement has to be the man - we learned that the best way to get the club moving forward is to allow the manager time. Without wanting to reopen the topic but Clough was given time to build and the squad he left McLaren was a fantastic one of unity and togetherness. Ok so there have been some comings and goings since then but when you look at other clubs who sack managers nilly willy (a la Forest) it doesnt get you anywhere. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again; If MM were so hell bent on promotion this season then why go with someone unproven with a minimal amount of knowledge of the league? It just doesn't make sense, especially when you consider MM saying PC 'could become Derby's Ferguson' we would have copious amounts of egg on our faces if he were sacked this season. 

I would understand if we were languishing outside the playoffs and had been all season but a month ago we were top for Christs sake, and we're still in the play off places having not been out of them since we got there!  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearson is the fella that had an expensive squad and got Leicester promoted in his THIRD season. In his first full season in charge he got 68pts and made the play offs on the last day thanks to goal difference. 

Just getting in there before he becomes this years Sean Dyche. 

MM & SR have always been 100% behind PC and up until the last 24 hours even with all the pressure i would have said they wont fire the gun.......im just starting to change my mind a bit....maybe a U turn is on the cards.

But please not Pearson........dont like him at all

If i had to choose id go with Gary Monk

No he needs to stay. Yes I'm disappointed with the results and I'm also getting a little disappointed with the recruitment.

£25m these days isn't much, players prices are over inflated and I'm annoyed that the media keep concentrating so much on the fact we spent £25m, yet fail to focus that some teams are paying over £10m for players and at this point aren't that much better than us or are actually worse off.

The recruitment disappoints me as I'm now no longer sure if some of these players are the right fit for our style of play. I don't blame PC for this as I wouldn't expect him to change his philosophy (Barker also talked about this) and I also imagine some of these deals were done before he came in. So I maybe we should look at whoever identified these players in the first instance?

However it is only the current run of form that makes me question the players and in 2015 and had confidence in them and thought the best is still to come, hopefully it is.

Is there I better coach out there. The football world would probably say you'd struggle to find one to come to Derby. We need to give him time to develop, time for him to develop the team and bring in a winning culture.

In the last 15 years Derby as a city does not have a winning culture, we are passionate but pessimistic (noticeable by how the mood changes so quickly in the stands) and this impacts all aspects of our city. We've now got an owner who knows how to succeed and he's surrounding himself with staff who know how to succeed but this is not going to instantly turn things around.

I'm hoping that this current run is just a slap of reality and that the next win (likely to be away from the negativity of our city) will start the ball rollin' again but when that does happen we as supporters need to stay grounded and not expect the current squad to win every game until now and the end of the season.

I'm not saying I want him sacked, I'd rather he takes his head out of his arse, push the defense up 10 yards and quicken the tempo.  But if he were to get sacked at some point in the future I'd like to see us go for Rowett or Mark Warburton.  Both up & comers with experience of the league, and get teams playing decent football...

obviously we can only talk of what we think should happen and the only person who knows what will happen is MM

I have no idea how MM handles situations but as a successful business man he is unlikely to have much empathy for failure.  All the successful guys I know treat failure as a disease of inferior beings!

No matter what has been said about the 'Derby way' the lack of improvement when compared with the investment must sting a little

I guess he accepted that PC was a bit of a gamble but saw in him a developing coach who would make mistakes but was part of the future. My concern is that PC is showing no evidence of learning from decisions that have not worked and is set in continuing down the same road and this is a worry.  I think he needs an arm round his shoulder and support to be confident to accept that the current plan is not working at the current time.  Football is a results game but it is also something that should entertain.  Throughout our great run in 2015 I can't say that many were being entertained but I am a half fan so what do I know.

the recruitment policy is also a concern, MM is very rich but we cant continue to throw away money and what appears to be recruits that don't appear to add anything to the current set up.

it is now with MM and I imagine this could be causing some mental torment.  Alternatively, he may be committed to the earlier comments and will stick with PC whatever it takes.  I hope PC is part of the solution but not, as some say, part of the problem.

For Gods sake. This is why the club don't take the fans seriously, a good majority of the forum has turned on Clement after he's had a bad patch. Look at the teams promoted over the last few years, in the most part its been because of consistency on and off the pitch (okay maybe not from Watford). 

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

For Gods sake. This is why the club don't take the fans seriously, a good majority of the forum has turned on Clement after he's had a bad patch. Look at the teams promoted over the last few years, in the most part its been because of consistency on and off the pitch (okay maybe not from Watford). 

Over 50% on this forum want him to stay.

If Mel sacked him who would come?

Who would want to work for a man who less than 6 months before sacking your predecessor said he wouldn't be sacking him regardless of whether we got promotion or not. 

36 minutes ago, PGApro said:

MM & SR have always been 100% behind PC and up until the last 24 hours even with all the pressure i would have said they wont fire the gun.......im just starting to change my mind a bit....maybe a U turn is on the cards.

Why? Just as little pedigree as Paul Clement IMO. 

I can half understand shouts like Pearson because he literally has been there done that. I wouldn't be happy with him though. But Monk/Sherwood lack any sort of experience at this level. Rowett and Warbs have had a year or so but still not substansive to prove it over a period of time. 

I suppose I just don't want to keep going around in circles, whats the point in giving an inexperienced manager 6 months in charge to potentially be in this position next year with another inexperienced manager? Who ever it is needs time. 

Do we need statement from Mel to calm things down a bit?. Not the dreaded vote of confidence but a (re-)statement of what the club's expectations are for this season. He'd previously said that promotion isn't required this season but he has spent a fair bit of money since then. Has that changed things or not?. Was that already planned expenditure and built into Mel's expectations?. None of us know, and that is fuelling the frustration, gossip and speculation.

At least then we could all be clear as to whether PC is actually under pressure from above or not and could prevent some of the toxic atmosphere around the club at the moment.

23 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

A good majority? A loud minority. There's even a poll in another thread that proves this. 

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

A good majority? A loud minority. There's even a poll in another thread that proves this. 

Well that's me told then :lol: avoided the forum for a few days so I didn't see that, just the pure amount of rubbish coming from some of the minority

1 hour ago, PGApro said:

If you don't mind me asking Have you heard anything of substance or just your opinion? I know the golf course is good for "chat" sometimes from influential people.

Archived