Squad trimming "likely"

SaintRam

PAUL Clement says Derby County's squad could be trimmed either in this transfer window or when the window for emergency loans opens.

"I think we need to trim slightly because the squad has gone slightly bigger than what I would like," said the head coach.

"There are a number of players who are not getting the football they would like. Who they will be, we are not quite sure yet."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-head-coach-Paul-Clement-says-Rams/story-28618905-detail/story.html#ixzz3yXjHJWBD 
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Russell and his beard are potentially one of the ones that off to pastures new

Russell's beard IS a pasture new.

Not sure who we going to trim from the squad?????? Hope that's just media speak as manager / coach I want him to be certain who and what he want to let go an bring in

Weimann, Baird, Hanson loans out would be my guess.

Weimann has proved a really poor buy and it wouldn't surprise me if he left permanently in the summer if we can recoup some of the cash we spent on him. He seems to be falling ever further down the pecking order.

Baird wants regular game time before the Euros, although with Shotton gone we'd have no RB cover.

Hanson could do with playing week in week out somewhere for a bit.

11 minutes ago, archied said:

Not sure who we going to trim from the squad?????? Hope that's just media speak as manager / coach I want him to be certain who and what he want to let go an bring in

He will know who he is happy to offload, but if they are going to be offloaded they need a club to take them and their share of the wages. Hence, he is not sure who yet. Not that difficult is it?

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Weimann has proved a really poor buy and it wouldn't surprise me if he left permanently in the summer if we can recoup some of the cash we spent on him. He seems to be falling ever further down the pecking order.

Baird wants regular game time before the Euros, although with Shotton gone we'd have no RB cover.

I can't see Baird going, he's cover for half the team at present. Unless Clement believes that Ssewankambo is adequate cover for Christie, and that Jake is enough cover for the centre backs he's needed. Baird is great to have on the bench. I suppose we could be just about to buy another player who can play at centre back or right back, but Clement has said that we aren't going to bring any more in...just like he did just before we bought Olsson.

17 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Rubbish, he was never given a chance, some people wrote him off in pre-season!!

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

PAUL Clement says Derby County's squad could be trimmed either in this transfer window or when the window for emergency loans opens.

"I think we need to trim slightly because the squad has gone slightly bigger than what I would like," said the head coach.

"There are a number of players who are not getting the football they would like. Who they will be, we are not quite sure yet."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-head-coach-Paul-Clement-says-Rams/story-28618905-detail/story.html#ixzz3yXjHJWBD 
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

Who they will be,we are not quite sure yet ,bloody hell that's sets the alarm bells ringing.

Just now, King Kevin said:

Who they will be,we are not quite sure yet ,bloody hell that's sets the alarm bells ringing.

Surely the exact list of players leaving is dependent on what bids/enquiries come in? I daresay we've circulated an 'available' list, but that doesn't mean that anyone wants to take them. 

Archived