Squad trimming "likely"

SaintRam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Groundhog day.

anyone remember how long it took to get rid of claude davis.

(p.s. Weimann seems harshly judged. Good play for one of the goals at Hull.)

49 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Surely the exact list of players leaving is dependent on what bids/enquiries come in? I daresay we've circulated an 'available' list, but that doesn't mean that anyone wants to take them. 

Might be the case CR , but I like my managers to be more certain and decisive that that 

Alarm bells well if Clement dont know who he can release,who does.

Don't ask who makes the decisions on recruitment,Its a scientific process that fans would not under stand.

A fan cant complain because its a joint decision and no one is to blame.

Whitbread-dawkins-Pearce-Shotton,,not the best signings for us-hoping the pivotal signings of Bent-Weimann work out

for the club.If not then that's 6 signings of significance not even had game time,

Good job the club is on a new level,don't think the yanks would have been happy with the investment on these players

Lets hope lessons have been learned and Ince--Camara-Blackman-Johnson-Butterfield-,work out ,

He doesn't know who's leaving because he doesn't know who other clubs want.

I'm sure he knows who HE wants.

On Weimann, we just don't have a role for him whether he's good or not. He is pretty poor as a left winger. Can never find him!

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you expect him to name the players that are leaving?

What if he does that and nobody wants to buy them?

He said I don't know who they are , he could have said something a lot more positive and sounded like he knew what was going on without naming names  And yes it is quite possible nobody wants them although if Brum want's Shotton hope springs eternal.

6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

He said I don't know who they are , he could have said something a lot more positive and sounded like he knew what was going on without naming names  And yes it is quite possible nobody wants them although if Brum want's Shotton hope springs eternal.

Take your point but I'm sure he knows who he wants rid of and their names are being circulated.

14 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Do we have to scrutinies everything the manager says ! All managers and players have certain things they can say and can't say! 

Give the guy a break. Who goes is dependent on who is interested enough to make an offer / negotiate with club and player.

The players  signed early in the summer were not PC's choice and were products of Evans reign. And some were chosen by SM  ie loanees with a promise to buy.   Even some of the core players might like to move on for regular football.

Every manager eventually assembles his own bunch of players . It  takes time and patience and clever bargaining.  But if done mid-contract it is dependent on the whims and fancies of other managers at other clubs and hard work by agents ....... .

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Do we have to scrutinies everything the manager says ! All managers and players have certain things they can say and can't say! 

Not everything no, but I earn my living by being one step ahead on what people say and their body language and if that's what he said it ain't good .

To be fair if things were going better on the pitch you might not put too much credence on that statement, but currently that did stand out as being said by a man where it is happening around him . Hope I'm wrong.

19 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Didn't he also say we weren't in the market for anymore in's ? Couple of days later old Olssen turns up. He's got to be coy, how would it look and what would the atmosphere be like at the training ground if he was straight and said "Well we're trying to shift Baird, Weimann and Russell" (only used those as an example)

The old boy's trying to keep a seemingly fragile atmosphere onside and also, we don't know if he's being railroaded into getting rid of someone he might prefer to keep and visa versa. 

I don't think his job is as easy as he makes it look on his video's, by that I mean I wonder if he's hiding his annoyance at possible interference from his superiors.

That last bit is probably a load of old toot and nobody's interfering at all but I can't help think all is not rosy in the boardroom currently.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

No sorry, every minuscule aspect of the club needs to be scrutinised and wherever possible, negative conclusions must be shared. In the last week it's only been but not exclusively:

PCs appearance / press statement / admiration for other teams and managers / tactics / team selections / recruitment / lack of experience.

Mel Morris being too generous / tight / naive / excited / involved / in the media too much / not in the media enough.

The player's motivation / performance / experience / commitment / togetherness / attitude.

The player's wives tweeting about potentially unrelated issues.

Ticket prices / allocation.

Getting rid of Nigel!

Away fans / away players and managers.

Home fans.

If we lose tomorrow, we're doomed. 

But if we win? Enjoy!

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Didn't he also say we weren't in the market for anymore in's ? Couple of days later old Olssen turns up. He's got to be coy, how would it look and what would the atmosphere be like at the training ground if he was straight and said "Well we're trying to shift Baird, Weimann and Russell" (only used those as an example)

The old boy's trying to keep a seemingly fragile atmosphere onside and also, we don't know if he's being railroaded into getting rid of someone he might prefer to keep and visa versa. 

I don't think his job is as easy as he makes it look on his video's, by that I mean I wonder if he's hiding his annoyance at possible interference from his superiors.

That last bit is probably a load of old toot and nobody's interfering at all but I can't help think all is not rosy in the boardroom currently.

Agreed ,hence my comment about it might be all happening around him .

26 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Not everything no, but I earn my living by being one step ahead on what people say and their body language and if that's what he said it ain't good .

To be fair if things were going better on the pitch you might not put too much credence on that statement, but currently that did stand out as being said by a man where it is happening around him . Hope I'm wrong.

Regardless if we were top of the league by 15 points or in a relegation battle he would have said the exact same thing in the exact same way . He's a professional and that's shows in his press conferences.  Really think this is yet another over reaction !

Archived