Squad trimming "likely"

SaintRam

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

He's had plenty of chance, more than a lot of others, and more often than not has failed.

I was joking re my Why Why Why Weimann thread which I got castigated for when he played well for 20 minutes in November. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Regardless if we were top of the league by 15 points or in a relegation battle he would have said the exact same thing in the exact same way . He's a professional and that's shows in his press conferences.  Really think this is yet another over reaction !

Well I really don't ,sitting here quite calm ,it takes more than that to get me excited merely making an observation and if we were 15 points clear I doubt we would be having  what looks like a  clear out in the same manner. For so many player's to be bought in without utilisation doesn't look very cohesive  to me .

If it all pans out great, I hope it does but I have my doubts and the statements made etc are not currently filling me with confidence .For what its worth I thought he was very very professional early doors but  I think now a few cracks are showing ,happy to give the guy a chance he's had a steep learning curve.

13 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Well I really don't ,sitting here quite calm ,it takes more than that to get me excited merely making an observation and if we were 15 points clear I doubt we would be having  what looks like a  clear out in the same manner. For so many player's to be bought in without utilisation doesn't look very cohesive  to me .

If it all pans out great, I hope it does but I have my doubts and the statements made etc are not currently filling me with confidence .For what its worth I thought he was very very professional early doors but  I think now a few cracks are showing ,happy to give the guy a chance he's had a steep learning curve.

I've just re read the statement and I really don't see what your problem is with it ! From my point of view he's looking at off loading a few but not sure who yet could be so many possibilities it's not as easy as saying right your going , your going and your staying ! 

I was surprised - and thankful to be honest - that Shotton and Pearce have gone on loan with Bucko staying, could have seen Clement shipping him out but kudos to him, he's seen off yet more competition although I do think his presence in the dressing room has helped. Would be nice to see some of the youngsters get some game time at L1 or lower end champ level after seeing how well Rawson has fared so would guess Ssewankambo and Hanson as probable loan candidates. 

I imagine Bent will be looking for 1st team football but his wages will be a stumbling block, Weimann too although I don't think either have had a fair crack of the whip so far.

With their failure to make the bench in recent games and the recent additions of Blackman and Camara, you have to say that Bent and Weimann seem irreparably out of favour.

I would expect them to follow Pearce and Shotton out of the door, leaving the likes of Hanson, Calero, Mitchell and Ssewankambo ready to stand in, should we suffer an injury crisis.

As many have alluded to, it seems clear that they weren't Clement's signings and they were given the green light ahead of his arrival simply to offer the incoming head coach some variety and flexibility in both personnel and tactics when it wasn't crystal clear the direction in which Clement was taking us.

As it is, they are both wasted here. They are both good players with plenty to offer and they could find regular first-team football at other clubs in our division, so I think for the benefit of their careers, they need a fresh start.

For me the biggest disappointment is that we haven't persisted a bit more with Bent. It grates with me especially now when we seem too one-dimensional and predictable and we are crying out for a goalscorer as Martin isn't scoring or playing well. It would have been nice to see more of him and Martin playing as a front two which may have given defences something else to worry about.

At the very least, it would have been nice for Bent's substitute appearances to actually give him a chance to make an impact. Sometimes he doesn't make the bench, sometimes he gets five minutes if he's fortunate, how is he ever going to make an impression? Ultimately, I guess that Clement sees no way to include Bent without it appearing to be to the detriment of his tactical principles or the team's effectiveness. A real shame.

Archived