1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

And this was a cracker

image.jpeg

Beautiful.

I had the white and yellow Patrick kits, then the 85/86 Bass home kit.

I have the 'new' retro blue bass centenary kit and they've got the shiny effect bang on!

Wearing the Patrick kit, did you ever get called Patrick by those hilarious early 80s comedians?

30 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Beautiful.

I had the white and yellow Patrick kits, then the 85/86 Bass home kit.

I have the 'new' retro blue bass centenary kit and they've got the shiny effect bang on!

Wearing the Patrick kit, did you ever get called Patrick by those hilarious early 80s comedians?

Never noticed them calling me Patrick, I was to engrossed in my own little world thinking I was the legend that was Bobby !!!

• 1 month later...

I didn't take the chance me owd. I bought a travel tee for 25 quid and sent it straight back. It looked liked something out of the Sports Direct bargain bin, very tacky.

On the bright side, when my money was refunded I used it to buy a DCFCFANS T-shirt from here, bs aside, far superior quality. Might be something you want to look at.

I reckon the 2004 away kit has to be a contender for most resilient. It's the blue marstons pedigree errea one from the bisgaard et al era. I still wear mine all the time; the sponsor is printed into the material and all the badges embroidered so it's more than standing the test of time.

The joma ones looked pretty terrible; matchdays were swathes of shirts with sponsors/logos/badge/all of the previous hanging off. They were cheap looking shirts on every level.

I buy the shirts  nearly every year. Didn't like the kappa. Always had to buy a size bigger. Umbro are ok. The only issue I've had is on the blue third kit. The sticker at the bottom of the shirt came off. Would like a change to puma they are making some nice shirts.

3 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

I buy the shirts  nearly every year. Didn't like the kappa. Always had to buy a size bigger. Umbro are ok. The only issue I've had is on the blue third kit. The sticker at the bottom of the shirt came off. Would like a change to puma they are making some nice shirts.

But all the Puma shirts (Arsenal, for a start) are even more skin tight than the Kappa ones were..

Most durable shirt I have is the Thunderbirds 3rd kit from the play off season - that's cos everything's within the fabric, and embroidered Ram/Kappa logos.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

But all the Puma shirts (Arsenal, for a start) are even more skin tight than the Kappa ones were..

Most durable shirt I have is the Thunderbirds 3rd kit from the play off season - that's cos everything's within the fabric, and embroidered Ram/Kappa logos.

Puma shirts are out then. I like a bit room to move around in.

Only 3 recent shirts I've had are the Joma Play off season Home with Bisgaard 8 on the back, Adidas Prem away and then the Kappa Home Play off season shirt.

Joma 06/07 - sponsor peeled mostly off but other than that nothing major but obviously having a massive blue flakey thing on the front isnt the best.

Adidas 07/08 - Aside from the derby badge falling off within a few days (took it to the shop and they fixed it - never a problem since) in perfect condition other than the fact I've outgrown it.

Kappa 13/14 - Still wear it regularly to matches and for kick abouts. Still in great condition never had any problems with it all printing etc in tact 10/10. 

Best one is the blue & yellow EDS one from 1998ish, had it and have worn it regular since and nothing has come off it. Worse I've owned was the away dark and light blue pedigree shirt from 2002ish. Halfway through the season the sponsor came off. Also bought the kids kits this year and the umbro badge fell off after one wash. The cheap transfer type sponsors always come off. The best kits in my opinion are the stitched badges and the fabric type sponsors. The sponsors like this season always tend to come off. Seems to me as the cost of shirts rises the quality falls. 

Off the top of my head, I'd have said the Puma shirts and the EDS shirts. Both are still in excellent condition...it was only yesterday I was wearing the home EDS (in black lettering) shirt with the Ram and 'Derby County' in the black circle (still my preferred logo too BTW).

My home Adidas shirt with the BuyMobiles.com sponsor logo is still in perfect knick too although that may be because I don't wear it that often (come to think about it, the yellow Adidas shirt and the third (Argentinian) Bombardier shirt are still in superb condition too and I wear those two all the time.)

The Bombardier shirts by Adidas are all great; even the sponsor hasn't deteriorated noticeably.

Archived