DCFC Shirt Durability Best & Worst

1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Added this to my collection today, 30 years old and still good as new, looks a lot smaller though than the one I had !! ?
Still looking for a White le coq sportif shirt if any body has one for sale please.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1980-81%20Home%20%281st%20Sponsor%29Copy

Yep this one was boss! Good luck finding it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28 January 2016 at 12:13, Tim Bucktoo said:

The best: Patrick 84 kit. Made of indestructible Teflon or something! And it looked great too.

Got to agree with this. My Patrick home shirt has a few bobbles but is otherwise in ace condition, and I've had it since Christmas 1981!

On March 25, 2016 at 05:11, EssendonRam said:

Off the top of my head, I'd have said the Puma shirts and the EDS shirts. Both are still in excellent condition...it was only yesterday I was wearing the home EDS (in black lettering) shirt with the Ram and 'Derby County' in the black circle (still my preferred logo too BTW).

My home Adidas shirt with the BuyMobiles.com sponsor logo is still in perfect knick too although that may be because I don't wear it that often (come to think about it, the yellow Adidas shirt and the third (Argentinian) Bombardier shirt are still in superb condition too and I wear those two all the time.)

The Bombardier shirts by Adidas are all great; even the sponsor hasn't deteriorated noticeably.

That is one of my favourite shirts because it's a cool sponsor and a nice adidas slim fitting shirt - but unlike yours my Bombardier sponsor letters HAVE faded badly

My girls were 21 and 18 this year so I bought them  1995 and 1998 tops for their birthdays. 

The EDS logo on the 1998 one has faded but the collar and the rams badge is still as good as new. The one thing I love about that shirt is the material has the ram etched in it - showing that it's an individually made shirt just for Derby County - none of your generic shirt with a ram stuck on.  

The 1995 one, the collars faded a bit but the stripes on the sleeves and the Puma logo are still good.

The thing that they've both said, is how hot they get in them with the heavy material and the logos are really thick. Better for the winter then. 

Wonder if theres a 1965 shirt anywhere, probably in a museum somewhere. 

When I think of all the Derby shirts MrRam used for work and ruined instead of keeping them all...

Archived