Champions League and Leicester City

Wolfie20

Not a club I have a particular fondness for but credit where credit's due. After todays' results and providing West Ham don't beat City, they will have a 10 point lead (and much better goal difference) over the team in 5th place!

Who'd have believed it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite admire how their owners have gone about things. The blokes that took over Cardiff, Hull and Birmingham are/were dubious at best with their plans for their clubs but these guys appear quite respectable.

And as Srg mentions, Ranieri is a likeable bloke, good luck to them. I would have been sickened if Hard Nigel was still in charge mind.

48 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Isn't it funny that quite a few Derby fans are rooting them to do it or even win the league, I for one hope they do.

If it was us or Forest up their all their fans would be hoping we'd fail. They'd love to have a proper local rivalry! Poor souls.

THey've got one, but Loughborough Town aren't in the same league any more.

Incidentally, what bog-standard quiz question is 'Loughborough Town' the stock answer for?

54 minutes ago, eddie said:

THey've got one, but Loughborough Town aren't in the same league any more.

Incidentally, what bog-standard quiz question is 'Loughborough Town' the stock answer for?

Thought for a bit, googled it, still don't know the answer!! Pray tell

20 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Thought for a bit, googled it, still don't know the answer!! Pray tell

Arsenal's biggest ever league win and heaviest ever league defeat were both recorded against which team?

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hope Spurs win the league, that would be unreal.

I cannot abide Daniel Levy. So no. I've never forgiven his exploitation of Derby County when dealing with us over Huddlestone and Rasiak. So NO.

If he dropped dead and another chairman came in... fine.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I cannot abide Daniel Levy. So no. I've never forgiven his exploitation of Derby County when dealing with us over Huddlestone and Rasiak. So NO.

If he dropped dead and another chairman came in... fine.

Don't care about their chairmen, I care about the young English players they're developing really well. A title under Alli, Kane and Dier's belts and they'd get playing time at the Euro's over ******* Rooney, Carrick and Vardy.

Exact same as I felt about Liverpool in 13/14 when they had Sturridge, Sterling and Henderson playing out of their skins just before a tournament.

On 23 January 2016 at 19:03, EastHertsRam said:

I quite admire how their owners have gone about things. The blokes that took over Cardiff, Hull and Birmingham are/were dubious at best with their plans for their clubs but these guys appear quite respectable.

And as Srg mentions, Ranieri is a likeable bloke, good luck to them. I would have been sickened if Hard Nigel was still in charge mind.

Nothing against the new owners but the fact it was all built on going into administration shortly after the crippling debts of building a new stadium, allowed them an easier route to where they are now, still sticks in the throat.

Sorry it was all too easy 10 years back and I have to wonder would their new owners been interested if the consortium that did that, then Mandaric both picking them up for song, hadn't have laid the platform post administration.

Good banter with local Foxes aside from that, they are living the moment and why not.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Don't care about their chairmen, I care about the young English players they're developing really well. A title under Alli, Kane and Dier's belts and they'd get playing time at the Euro's over ******* Rooney, Carrick and Vardy.

Exact same as I felt about Liverpool in 13/14 when they had Sturridge, Sterling and Henderson playing out of their skins just before a tournament.

As in Brazil wc 2014?

Hell I hope it would end better than that and your excitement gets a better outcome ☺

Archived