Stabbing in Derby City centre.

StockholmRam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep - I was headed into town to call at the Post Office on my way to work (by bike)

St Peters Street was cordoned off at the bottom outside Burtons and at the top just before Waterstones. Went round the other way and East Street was also cordoned off outside the old HMV/ Ram Statue, so I ended up having to cycle all the way to the top of Green Lane to then come back down Babington lane to get to the Post Office

Poor coppers manning the cordons looked frozen, just having to stand there. From the pics in the paper it looks like they've been there all night :(

I then continued on my journey past the demolished rubble of the old DRI and wondered if this poor guy might have stood a fighting chance if A&E was still in town, but I guess we'll never know.

RIP

It won't stop stabbings,  but if the cameras were put back and monitored again, at least they'd have more chance of getting who did it. 

It's only a matter of time before Derby loses it's purple flag status of being a safe city. Shame that the council prefer to waste money on crap artwork, on street signs that cost a bloody ton of money (which have been vandalised) instead of good safety surveillance which is beneficial to us all. Derby is getting worse. 

Poor bloke.

2 minutes ago, ladyram said:

It won't stop stabbings,  but if the cameras were put back and monitored again, at least they'd have more chance of getting who did it. 

It's only a matter of time before Derby loses it's purple flag status of being a safe city. Shame that the council prefer to waste money on crap artwork, on street signs that cost a bloody ton of money (which have been vandalised) instead of good safety surveillance which is beneficial to us all. Derby is getting worse. 

Poor bloke.

The cameras are on and recording, but are only manned at the weekend.

People carrying knives seems to be a growing problem around Derby and something needs to be done by the courts to make sure it stops. I don't know what the maximum sentence is for carrying a knife, but it needs to be severe and all judges need to make sure the sentence is handed out. 

1 hour ago, ladyram said:

Poor bloke.

Is Derby getting bad again then LR? Not living over there I don't know it as I once did but it did seems stabbing someone, muggings etc were not nearly as bad as in my upbringing. My grandad owned a shop up on Normanton Road late 60s right through to early 80s and he was robbed, shoplifted, something criminal every month I reckon. 

2 hours ago, ladyram said:

Poor bloke.

I got beat up a few years ago in a Friday night just outside tebirish club. Their should have been a camera looking at it, but when the police reviewed the footage, it had been pointed down another street to look at something not very interesting. I was really curious to see if I'd actually put up much of a fight, as I couldn't remember a thing. 

9 hours ago, ossieram said:

The cameras are on and recording, but are only manned at the weekend.

People carrying knives seems to be a growing problem around Derby and something needs to be done by the courts to make sure it stops. I don't know what the maximum sentence is for carrying a knife, but it needs to be severe and all judges need to make sure the sentence is handed out. 

Four years and a £5,000 fine.

8 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Is Derby getting bad again then LR? Not living over there I don't know it as I once did but it did seems stabbing someone, muggings etc were not nearly as bad as in my upbringing. My grandad owned a shop up on Normanton Road late 60s right through to early 80s and he was robbed, shoplifted, something criminal every month I reckon. 

It wasn't so long ago there was another stabbing in roughly the same area but thankfully wasn't fatal - a couple of months ago two 13 year old boys were attacked by a 17 year old outside the building where I work, it happened at 5.20 in the evening and these lads had been walkinv home from school. Luckily this was picked up by the Council House camera and the tw@t who did it has been sentenced to 6 months. To watch that happening on the vid was awful, the family released the footage to get him caught, the public gave the same name to police. 

Theres normally some idiots knocking about near River Gardens, I've stopped walking there now on my own, and you can always smell the drugs, everyday you can smell them.

But its worse everywhere now, not just here, its frightenjnv to know that some kids don't leave their houses without a knife. 

Bur as far as cameras go, my boss told me the blokes who watched them, all but one of them were made redundant last year cos of the cutbacks. They need monitoring much more than just weekends. 

17 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Police-swoop-house-Derby-suburb/story-28569469-detail/story.html

They don't say what it is about, but they're about as subtle as a brick. Obviously in relation to this stabbing. IN Allenton. 

Could be linked to this instead.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/large-cannabis-discovered-Derby/story-28577526-detail/story.html

Looks like just kids involved too..from the DET

A second 15-year-old has been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a man in Derby on Tuesday night.

Officers have already arrested a 15, 16, 17 and 22-year-old. The 22-year-old has now been released on bail.

Police are also continuing to appeal for information about the death of the victim, a 22-year-old who has not yet been named.

Big gang culture in Allenton amongst the kids. When I worked up that way and used to walk to the shops to get lunch I was told not to interact with any shifty looking youths with purple laces or purple clothes - as that was the "gang colour"

Tough little kids eh?

14 minutes ago, sheeponacid said:

Haven't logged in for ages, but just to let you know....The person stabbed was a beautiful 22 year old boy called Tom....he has never been into gangs...he enjoyed life & was a really caring person, the sort who would help anybody out....just thought I'd clarify...

I've just watched a news report on the BBC's London Tonight and the same thing, young man on his way to work, second day in his new job, stabbed to death in what appears to be a random attack.

Not trying to be dramatic here (I've got two lads, 19 & 23) but my heart truly aches for the friends and families of these poor lads, may they both Rest in Peace.

35 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Thanks for info Sheep. Gosh that's awful and so so sad. There are some seriously deranged scumbags out there. 

Such big hard men aren't they. ******** want a bit of corporal punishment of the style before my time.

Archived