Stabbing in Derby City centre.

StockholmRam

3 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

Haven't logged in for ages, but just to let you know....The person stabbed was a beautiful 22 year old boy called Tom....he has never been into gangs...he enjoyed life & was a really caring person, the sort who would help anybody out....just thought I'd clarify...

That makes it even more of a evil tragedy. Apologies if my insinuation was offensive, i meant the offenders were gang related, they give young lads wanting to join the gang am initiation, cos that's what gangs in America do.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It kind of makes you think should you be worried when you walk past people? I heard in the past to walk confident past them and head up otherwise you show your scared etc. Bit daft really we shouldn't have to walk the streets and think am I going to be stabbed..

It's just horrific isn't it? Me and my mates finish at 8 and walk back towards the bus station. The evening after this happened stuff was kicking off down near the Ram Statue and outside Lee Longlands, people were shouting and somebody was holding a dog back, no sign of any police. Couple of me mates usually walk that way home but don't now. 

But for this poor man to be on his way to work minding his own business - it beggars belief, it's something most of us do without a second thought. 

Be careful peeps.

RIP young man, such a tragic waste of his life xx

25 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

It kind of makes you think should you be worried when you walk past people? I heard in the past to walk confident past them and head up otherwise you show your scared etc. Bit daft really we shouldn't have to walk the streets and think am I going to be stabbed..

I've been told by my boss not to wear my earphones when im walking between my jobs, a route that takes me along the river, and when I do get into Council House, theres big screens giving staff safety tips, like yours. Be confident, dont keep looking back as this makes you look vulnerable, walk tall, don't stoop. A few female staff carry a personal alarm but we're not given them as a rule. 

I suppose you've just got to be sensible, if you got scared of every bugger who walks past you, you'd be a nervous wreck, but some people just look and probably are more dodgy than others. It's good that the evenings are slowly getting lighter now, that's a bonus anyway.

11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

That makes it even more of a evil tragedy. Apologies if my insinuation was offensive, i meant the offenders were gang related, they give young lads wanting to join the gang am initiation, cos that's what gangs in America do.

Agree with Mostyn - I didn't make the assumption that the victim was gang-related, but almost certain that the offenders were. An absolute tragedy

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

15 year old formally charged with murder.

That 15 year old has ended 2 lives now, the victims and his own.

Those around him that night should also get a stiff sentence just for either encouraging him or for not stopping a 15 year old kid from doing something that would ruin so many lives.

I wonder if this will be brought up in court.

THIS IS SHOCKING,!!!
Please share and make others aware...

A secret source has made contact with me early today.
Shaken by the recent incidents of Tom Webb's Murder.

Informing me that two young boys aged 14 at around 8:30pm on Aug 7th 2015 - were approached on Alvaston Park by a group of five - robbed of their pushbikes at knife point - two of which are in custody - as suspects for Toms murder.

So it seems we now have two suspected murderers that were in court just two weeks ago for a knife related street robbery in Aug 2015...

More to the point...i share this information because i am sickened by the fact the justice system "may" well have failed us all.... If they are Tom Webb's killers...
Then Locking them up for previous charges could have saved a life.

The Street Robbery back in Aug can be seen on the Evening Telegraph webpage..

19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

THIS IS SHOCKING,!!!

Informing me that two young boys aged 14 at around 8:30pm on Aug 7th 2015 - were approached on Alvaston Park by a group of five - robbed of their pushbikes at knife point - two of which are in custody - as suspects for Toms murder.

So it seems we now have two suspected murderers that were in court just two weeks ago for a knife related street robbery in Aug 2015...

More to the point...i share this information because i am sickened by the fact the justice system "may" well have failed us all.... If they are Tom Webb's killers...

not sure it can be as it can be seen to be swaying a jury, unless the conviction (if there was one) is not fully spent, then it's down to the judge's discretion whether 'previous' can be used.

15 years old that's absolutely vile. Don't these guys care about their futures or anything? When I was that age I was only focused on getting the best possible GCSE'S  and now we have 15 year old killers haunting Derby. I guess it helps how their parents  brought them up, I was lucky in that respect because I had 2 brilliant,supportive parents when growing up who gave me the best possible start to life. Having said that , even if their parents are thugs themselves, surely they should know that it is both legally and morally wrong to murder an innocent party? Vile.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

THIS IS SHOCKING,!!!

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Dad-challenges-duo-son-s-bike-stolen/story-27580176-detail/story.html

Same questions need to be asked. Where are the parents? What are the schools playing around at? It's not hard to recognise the behavior, I mean if they wear gang colours how can you miss it? The answer isn't tougher sentences it's early intervention and better education.

Awful what's happening in this city...

RIP Tom

Life us becoming cheap and nasty, so sad to see.

Also, I wonder if our national media/establishment/MPs will ever trot out the "Broken Britain" tag they like to trot out when there's certain agendas... Of course they won't now....

Hope the people who did this get jailed for 30+ years minimum

Scum, i am not generally in favour of the deah penalty, but sometime you just think ok there punishment should be held in prison then put to death at the same age as Tom.

I probably dont mean that i just dont think the punishment will fit the crime and expect even eldest to see time on the outside during his mid 30's. The 15 yo probably in his early 20's, so at the same time he was ending poor Toms life he will be starting his over again.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

15 years old that's absolutely vile. Don't these guys care about their futures or anything? When I was that age I was only focused on getting the best possible GCSE'S  and now we have 15 year old killers haunting Derby. I guess it helps how their parents  brought them up, I was lucky in that respect because I had 2 brilliant,supportive parents when growing up who gave me the best possible start to life. Having said that , even if their parents are thugs themselves, surely they should know that it is both legally and morally wrong to murder an innocent party? Vile.

their parents will argue they have no future or there is nothing for them to do, what do you expect them to do? well when i was 15 i was at the park kicking a ball around, chasing girls, playing on my zx spectrum, studying....maybe trying to get a crafty beer but darent have more than one cause would get an earbashing when got home, yeah everyone likes to rebel a bit but FFS.

Just to ask members not to post his identity on here please. I know the police won't reveal it due to the usual legal bollards but if it's divulged it could land the forum in trouble. (I could be wrong but better safe than sorry eh?). 

Anyway, im not giving him a second thought, let the law have him. Let justice happen.

18 minutes ago, ladyram said:

Just to ask members not to post his identity on here please. I know the police won't reveal it due to the usual legal bollards but if it's divulged it could land the forum in trouble. (I could be wrong but better safe than sorry eh?). 

Anyway, im not giving him a second thought, let the law have him. Let justice happen.

18 minutes ago, ladyram said:

and naming him could lead to 'unfair trial' claims too.

Archived