At least we have now got Nick if Chris gets injured.

Curtains

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Isn't Blackman a bit..........................

Nathan Tyson?

Far from it ! Tyson used to run around like a headless chicken with very little end product , Blackman already in the 2 games I've seen him play has more natural ability than nathan Tyson could ever of dreamed of having , let's just see what happens !

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

No but I'm slightly disappointed in your reaction to Bradley Johnson on the forum. 

I have no idea why Bent was not on the bench Saturday have you  

Bradley Johnson in my opinion is shaping up to be an unwise purchase for a large sum of money. Why you need to be slightly condescending to me here in this thread as a reaction to disappointment over my posts in another thread strikes me as churlish.  

As for Bent I've no idea why he isn't fancied. I'm sure PC has his  reasons. I just find it odd. But hey ho..this season is odd. Especially the last few weeks. It might turn itself around again yet. I think we all would love that. 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Far from it ! Tyson used to run around like a headless chicken with very little end product , Blackman already in the 2 games I've seen him play has more natural ability than nathan Tyson could ever of dreamed of having , let's just see what happens !

did blackman touch the ball on saturday...?

His goalscoring record one his career is truly terrible....and even this season he hasn't scored forever 2 months.... give me Tyson any day.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

We signed another player that doesn't fit the system. 

That's arguably 4 now. 

I've got more and more confused as we've gone on.

I thought we were trying to build a squad to play alternative systems for when 433 isn't working. 

But we seem to be doing that, then trying to slot the new players into 433 anyway. 

If we changed the priority to finding players to cover each position in the 433 that message doesnt seem to have reached the recruitment team. 

And if we're trying to do both we'll end up with a squad of about 50!

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

His goalscoring record one his career is truly terrible....and even this season he hasn't scored forever 2 months.... give me Tyson any day.

Your welcome too him ! Never said anything about his goal scoring record !I saw a few nice touches in the first half on Saturday! I certainly think there could be some potential there let's just not write him off too early . 

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Your welcome too him ! Never said anything about his goal scoring record !I saw a few nice touches in the first half on Saturday! I certainly think there could be some potential there let's just not write him off too early . 

I thought his touch was poor on Sat, there were a few occasions in the 2nd half when the ball was played to him back to goal and his touch let him down and we lost possession, that said the service was terrible.

He looks much better when facing goal, better than I expected in the air as well. I don't think he's a bad player, but the lone striker role doesn't appear to suit him, at least not the style we play. 

26 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I thought his touch was poor on Sat, there were a few occasions in the 2nd half when the ball was played to him back to goal and his touch let him down and we lost possession, that said the service was terrible.

He looks much better when facing goal, better than I expected in the air as well. I don't think he's a bad player, but the lone striker role doesn't appear to suit him, at least not the style we play. 

I agree on the lone striker role he's more of a wide forward to me , as you say facing goal and then cutting in from the wider areas ! 

14 hours ago, RamNut said:

Isn't Blackman a bit..........................

Nathan Tyson?

No, I think he can hold the ball up . We are just not gelling at the moment but first half against brum he looked decent. But really whether it's blackman, martin or bent we need to give them better service. Midfield just hasn't been right the last two games, and of course last 10 mins against boro. Crossing remains a problem too... . Camara looks a bit hit and miss but he did at least manage to beat the first man with some of his Crosses which was more than christie and warnock did. Russell and ince just cut inside so really it's down to the full backs who are not providing enough decent crosses in atm. 

I have a nasty feeling that a wheel has fallen off the coach.

By which I mean that the problem is not formation or selection or whether we have bought the right players, but the fact that the players have lost enjoyment  and belief in PC's slow slow 'overload' philosophy. He got away with it whilst we were winning and keeping clean sheets, but starting with the disappointing draw at Leeds, the results have caused the players to lose confidence in the system.

Then when the Chairman criticises the Reading performance, the players can interpret that as a criticism of the slow build up and risk-free passing they are being coached to adopt. Contrast it to Reading who looked like we used to on a good McLaren day.

Hence a moribund display against a very average Birmingham team. We are too easy to play against and so boring to watch.

Quick passes FORWARDS and lively MOVING attacking players to receive these passes are what is needed.

Simple as?

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

He almost scored on a couple of occasions. But like all season our striker no matter who has zero service. Although I think he has more chance of making something happen in a game than Martin right now just due to the service available. Far more mobile and his hold up play was actually pretty good.

1 hour ago, Half fan said:

I have a nasty feeling that a wheel has fallen off the coach.

By which I mean that the problem is not formation or selection or whether we have bought the right players, but the fact that the players have lost enjoyment  and belief in PC's slow slow 'overload' philosophy. He got away with it whilst we were winning and keeping clean sheets, but starting with the disappointing draw at Leeds, the results have caused the players to lose confidence in the system.

Then when the Chairman criticises the Reading performance, the players can interpret that as a criticism of the slow build up and risk-free passing they are being coached to adopt. Contrast it to Reading who looked like we used to on a good McLaren day.

Hence a moribund display against a very average Birmingham team. We are too easy to play against and so boring to watch.

Quick passes FORWARDS and lively MOVING attacking players to receive these passes are what is needed.

Simple as?

Translation..... Hoof?

Hoof occasionally so as to be unpredictable and minimise the number of opposing players pressing us high up.

But mainly fast forward passes on the ground - like Bournemouth or a good Premier team. We surely have enough players with the skill to make and receive fast forward passes. But how many of these did we see against Birmingham?

Instead, I fear PC is basing his 'overload' objective on his experience of the far more skilful players he had in France and Spain who could make it succeed. We have too few such players - maybe Thorne and Hughes, and Martin on a good day.

Blackman to soon to judge Weinman,bit part player,Bent,haven't seen him,to judge,Ince a talented luxury.

.Martin  .must be dizzy watching so many players,with different styles,Russell,,is Russell hard worker.

And now the wing wizard Camara,glad we got a Head coach ,who ever i play i then think oh i got it wrong

7 expensive players for 3 places sorry can t handle it

4 hours ago, valleyram said:

he wont be good enough to play with derby and just one look at his stats bores that out , hes had one half decent season and funny enough its in his last year of his contract , I don't really get the signing but hopefully I'm proved  wrong

Some statement already VR, based on a couple of appearences. I recall seeing the same when Chris Martin, Jake Buxton, even a certain Craig Bryson arrived from the unknown. Safe to say that, given their chance, they've all proven themselves. I don't think it would be a bad idea to wait off on the Blackman judgement until at least the close season. 

Archived