At least we have now got Nick if Chris gets injured.

Curtains

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Some statement already VR, based on a couple of appearences. I recall seeing the same when Chris Martin, Jake Buxton, even a certain Craig Bryson arrived from the unknown. Safe to say that, given their chance, they've all proven themselves. I don't think it would be a bad idea to wait off on the Blackman judgement until at least the close season. 

Remember I seen him in Scotland for a while and he was ordinary , the championship is a lot stronger than the rubbish I watch up here , and if Blackman proves me wrong I will be delighted but I've got my doubts , he certainly doesn't strengthen the team 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Remember I seen him in Scotland for a while and he was ordinary , the championship is a lot stronger than the rubbish I watch up here , and if Blackman proves me wrong I will be delighted but I've got my doubts , he certainly doesn't strengthen the team 

Since then he's convinced a Championship team, a Premier League team and now us to sign him. He must be doing something right. I think to judge him on his loan spells in Scotland 4 years ago is harsh. He's got plenty of proving to do here like you say. 

5 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Some statement already VR, based on a couple of appearences. I recall seeing the same when Chris Martin, Jake Buxton, even a certain Craig Bryson arrived from the unknown. Safe to say that, given their chance, they've all proven themselves. I don't think it would be a bad idea to wait off on the Blackman judgement until at least the close season. 

Very true, but someone who knew what he was doing signed them ;)

On 18 Jan 2016 at 00:05, curtains said:

No but I'm slightly disappointed in your reaction to Bradley Johnson on the forum. 

I have no idea why Bent was not on the bench Saturday have you  

Are you still disappointed in my opinion of Bradley Johnson? I am not trying to be horrible to the bloke just for the sake of things and it's not very often I criticize players but he is beyond woeful these last few weeks. Looks totally lost in this team.

1 minute ago, StockholmRam said:

Are you still disappointed in my opinion of Bradley Johnson? I am not trying to be horrible to the bloke just for the sake of things and it's not very often I criticize players but he is beyond woeful these last few weeks. Looks totally lost in this team.

Yes I am m8 sorry for me he's not the problem. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes I am m8 sorry for me he's not the problem. 

The floor is all yours... 

Im not saying he is totally to blame for our poor form right now. There are numerous factors for that. But if he " isn't the problem" then can he become the solution and how? It's a huge amount of money to have shelled out for a player who looks just so poor currently. He needs to be playing and playing well I would say or the fella who paid for him is going to be quite cross I would have thought. 

So... How does PC fit him into our team to get the best out of him? 

9 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

The floor is all yours... 

Im not saying he is totally to blame for our poor form right now. There are numerous factors for that. But if he " isn't the problem" then can he become the solution and how? It's a huge amount of money to have shelled out for a player who looks just so poor currently. He needs to be playing and playing well I would say or the fella who paid for him is going to be quite cross I would have thought. 

So... How does PC fit him into our team to get the best out of him? 

Ok I could say what I think but then that would be counterproductive at this time IMO .

The manager has to sort it and I will go with that. 

I believe the confidence of the whole team is low when they concede a goal at the moment although Butterfields strike nearly helped. 

I hope we get back on track soon. 

No pun intended ha ha 

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok I could say what I think but then that would be counterproductive at this time IMO .

The manager has to sort it and I will go with that. 

I believe the confidence of the whole team is low when they concede a goal at the moment although Butterfields strike nearly helped. 

I hope we get back on track soon. 

No pun intended ha ha 

Simple for me. We play too much in front of teams instead of getting in behind. For all our possession and control we actually don't create many clear scoring chances of late. 

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

You are DRAWING me into it lol .

I say it as I see it Curtains. There is a lot wrong..but not a lot to fix if you understand what I mean. Those old cliches trotted out about finding a balance are actually very true. We have some decent players but not a good cohesion of useage. That's down to coaching and I have said all of this season that it will take time for PC to find his feet. 

If Mel Morris gives him that time remains to be seen. If we drop out of top 6 which current form suggests is a possibility then I think we might be seeing bullets fired. 

6 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I say it as I see it Curtains. There is a lot wrong..but not a lot to fix if you understand what I mean. Those old cliches trotted out about finding a balance are actually very true. We have some decent players but not a good cohesion of useage. That's down to coaching and I have said all of this season that it will take time for PC to find his feet. 

If Mel Morris gives him that time remains to be seen. If we drop out of top 6 which current form suggests is a possibility then I think we might be seeing bullets fired. 

I'm happy with Clement but like you say it will take time to get it totally right. 

42 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

That might be fair enough, but I would have expected to see at least some improvement in 6 months.  All of the issues with the team have been obvious since pre-season, but there's been no attempt to fix them.  And in several areas we've got progressively worse as the season has gone on.

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That might be fair enough, but I would have expected to see at least some improvement in 6 months.  All of the issues with the team have been obvious since pre-season, but there's been no attempt to fix them.  And in several areas we've got progressively worse as the season has gone on.

I'm as disappointed as the next man with the here and now of it all. However, I thought our brief flirtation with top two was a false position given what I saw whenever given chance on TV or being back over in UK.  I'm not a trigger happy fan and believe most managers/ head coaches should be given at least 2 full seasons. To me, right now until end of season is where Clement REALLY learns. 

My impressions of Blackman so far:

Positives:

Excellent ball control

Accurate short passing

Strong, good in the air

Negatives:

Looks lazy, doesn't move enough

Poor crossing

Disappears

I certainly think it's way too early to be making any conclusions. I think he has the attributes to be a fine centre forward. I'd like to see him play him in the centre again with Camara and Ince, and Butterfield in a free role close behind.

This is a guy with a lot of goals this season. There's talent there.

Archived