Booing?

StockholmRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Oh dear this is what worries me. Fans who know Nowt. Sorry but this " we've paid our cash so we can boo" stuff. Are you kidding!!!! 

We've a new coach, 6/7 new players.. Not played well and STILL 2nd... I'm sorry but to boo this team and coach or whoever they are booing out there is cretinous. 

Ive watched Derby since 5 years old.. Been to hundreds of games both home and away..spend MY hard earned cash time and again and not once booed my team. Never. That's what cretins do...

you keep on booing..See if it helps one iota... 

I was saying Boo-urns.

I thought that they were booing the ref, because of the farcical situation in the last 5 minutes where Keogh was obviously suffering with a head injury and the ball was in play for around 30 seconds.

Saying that, it was quite possibly our worst performance since the last time we played Reading at home.

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I didn't hear booing today (North Stand Upper) but it was an abysmal performance.

Everything was flat from the off, performance and atmosphere.

The vociferous North Standers fecked off early. I bet they booed when they were going through Chad.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I was saying Boo-urns.

I thought that they were booing the ref, because of the farcical situation in the last 5 minutes where Keogh was obviously suffering with a head injury and the ball was in play for around 30 seconds.

Saying that, it was quite possibly our worst performance since the last time we played Reading at home.

We do like to save this stuff for Reading these days don't we!! It's probably my fault... Some kind of karma for the degree of grief I used to give an old Army mate who used to tell me Trevor Senior should be in the England team!! 

Go on... You can all boo me instead. 

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

Yes you're right both work, like Skinner's rats showed if you know your psychology. 

This is what I meant about some players needing an arm around the shoulder, while some need a kick up the backside. We can't possibly know what effect the booing at the end of the game will have on the players. It might be a mixed bag with individuals. But for the team as a whole? We can't say it will negatively effect them with certainty. If I was Clement I would certainly try to use the reaction at full time to my advantage.

If I was Clement I'd first and foremost ask myself deeply and honestly if all this formation and tactics changes, especially with two new signings in the squad, one in team, might be a bit too much right now. With the exception of Brizzle game I think we have done our best work at 4-3-3 and that is what has got us to 2nd spot. Might need more patience with the extra changes just yet. 

I have a feeling Stringer that with your seemingly intelligent and attempted reasoned debate that you may well know full well that booing is not fun, clever,cool or where it's at... No need to reply to that. Just my intuition. 

Who did your brother serve with mate? Anyone decent?

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Purely from listening to the radio, it sounded as if we played dreadfully throughout, but the fans tried hard to lift the team to no avail. Often, from nowhere, I heard them chanting, but it seemed as if the players didn't respond. I have never ever ever booed the team or an individual player at a game, and don't think I ever would, but tonight's performance really sounded poor. And Clement was absolutely furious at the end. It sounded as though it;s a pivotal moment in the season as to how he and the players respond.

Sarcasm?

45 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Looking at the positives. We took precisely 0 points out of the corresponding last 3 fixtures last season so 2 from 9 does represent some progress. 

Now THAT is a glass half-full.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

I was saying Boo-urns.

That is what I thought as well. As players were going round they were clapped.

I hate the booing. Hate it. If you're bottom of the league, playing badly for weeks, months, years, no investmemt, no prospects, no hope then it might be time to let the club know you're disatisfied (maybe before this but you know what I mean). But booing after one poor performance - or even a couple - when you didn't lose, are still second in the league and things are generally looking very healthy on and off the field is pathetic.

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread; fans are now consumers who feel 'entitled' to a win just because they bought a ticket. If you don't like the product you get to complain; thats the society we live in... forget the fact that there are two teams playing, forget context, forget everything. Just react.. Don't think.

9 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Lets all stay at home next match...that will show them 

May as well have. The atmosphere was flat and bring outsung by one coach load of Reading fans about sums it up. 

There's plenty of moaning about the players not putting enough in but the fans didn't either. A good atmosphere could have lifted that performance, who knows? 1-0 didn't even lift the crowd for more than a few minutes  

Its the first game in ages I've just left without clapping them off. I didn't boo but my little protest was to get up at the final whistle and walk quietly away. Anyway, I thought at the time the boos were for the officials. The bald lino stood in front of me determined to look straight ahead when the pantomime was occurring during Keoghs injury. 

I won't boo but then again I'm almost gentleman. IMO understanding booing you need to see the wider picture what's going on in modern societies with egoistic lifestyle and everything-to-me-at-once-attitude. Those cancers of human behaviour are unfortunately doing way too well.

Spectators and consumers might boo in football games. But fans? I don't think so.

I guess same people would boo their missus having pms symptoms. If they had one, of course.

11 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'm not one for booing but I doubt Clement or the players give a toss if the fans boo or not. Clement should be used to the fans booing when he was at real madrid.

Believe me, they absolutely do care. Surely supporting your team isn't that difficult?

11 hours ago, Highgate said:

If the players don't give 100% effort then the fans should boo all they like.  It's a bit different if the players just aren't good enough or are struggling with form/confidence.  But as PC said, among the many shortcomings in tonight's performance was a general lack of commitment and if that's the case then the players richly deserved the boos at the end of the game.

On the other hand did the 28,175 fans give 100%?  We weren't exactly Besiktas in the atmosphere department when it mattered. 

That's the biggest point, how would the crowd feel if the players, Mel and coaching staff turned round and said the fans were **** and totally missing when we needed them?

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Purely from listening to the radio, it sounded as if we played dreadfully throughout, but the fans tried hard to lift the team to no avail. Often, from nowhere, I heard them chanting, but it seemed as if the players didn't respond. I have never ever ever booed the team or an individual player at a game, and don't think I ever would, but tonight's performance really sounded poor. And Clement was absolutely furious at the end. It sounded as though it;s a pivotal moment in the season as to how he and the players respond.

I think there were a few occasions when the crowd tried, but from the 6th minute the atmosphere was quite hostile.

10 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

The fans have a right to be unhappy. This is the time of the season we need to be going up a gear but instead we look lost. Unless we improve quickly, at least one of the other teams in the top 6 is going to overtake us - barring an unexpected collapse, I can't see Boro being overhauled at the top now we have faltered. But we have to get that second spot.

I don't buy the excuses that Clement is a new coach and any finish in the top 6 is good enough this season. We have spent a small fortune and anything other than automatic promotion has to be regarded as underperformance. Look at what Chris Hughton is doing at Brighton with a fraction of our investment.

I wasn't happy with our performance last night, but instead of getting on the players backs, a few of us were trying to get some songs going to try and drive the team on and lift them. But then I suppose that's the difference between fans and supporters.

I can't remember one occasion since my first game in 1968 where getting on the players backs or booing them has improved the performance, yet there have been plenty of games where the crowd have got behind the teams and we have come back and snatched results when it hadn't looked likely.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Do like the outrage about booing always coming from people who weren't there. 

I was there and quite a few people heard how outraged I was in the south stand when the booing started. So if any of you booed and then heard somebody shouting about vvankers, it was aimed at you.

36 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Believe me, they absolutely do care. Surely supporting your team isn't that difficult?

That's the biggest point, how would the crowd feel if the players, Mel and coaching staff turned round and said the fans were **** and totally missing when we needed them?

I think there were a few occasions when the crowd tried, but from the 6th minute the atmosphere was quite hostile.

As Cam the Ram said if the players are upset at the fans booing then they must have been in tears in the dressing room after Clement told them off. 

Archived