Booing?

StockholmRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Have I just heard some Derby fans booing at final whistle? I'm listening on Rams Player and sure I just heard booing. 

Sure it's disappointing not to win and the performance was flat... But booing? Yup...well done, that will help things. 

Actually it may well help things. Give em a kick up the backside if they need it. It annoys me if you are considered a half fan if you boo or are critical or questioning of any formation/manager/player, somehow unstinting unequivocal support is the only way to be a proper fan?! Give me a break. 

There is nothing wrong with questioning performances and voicing an opinion. In fact I would say it is a must. Especially if like me you have had a season ticket for 23 years and the standard is so poor, and I feel it is poor. I have the right to show it. They as players need to know that better standards are required from a team gunning for promotion. 

That said I didn't boo, just shook my head at the end. My brother said it all when he just said 'crap' at the top of his voice at the final whistle.

9 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

If I was Clement I'd first and foremost ask myself deeply and honestly if all this formation and tactics changes, especially with two new signings in the squad, one in team, might be a bit too much right now. With the exception of Brizzle game I think we have done our best work at 4-3-3 and that is what has got us to 2nd spot. Might need more patience with the extra changes just yet. 

I have a feeling Stringer that with your seemingly intelligent and attempted reasoned debate that you may well know full well that booing is not fun, clever,cool or where it's at... No need to reply to that. Just my intuition. 

Who did your brother serve with mate? Anyone decent?

No I'm not playing devils advocate. I genuinely can't say with any degree of confidence what impact some booing at the end of one match will have on the players performance in the next match. It could be a positive influence or a negative one.

He was in the Sherwood Foresters back in the 90's. Did tours of Northern Ireland and Bosnia. I think he misses the camaraderie sometimes. I've no idea if that's decent in your eyes pal - too many forest fans in their ranks maybe ?haha.

If you are going to boo, don't bother coming. The fans made the players nervy last night, got behind them once or twice in 90 minutes. Shocking! Let's get behind the boys. We all know this season is a big learning curve for Clement and the players so booing isn't going to solve anything. We are a working progress and are going to get games like last night, was always going to be a tricky fixture. Don't get me wrong, I am upset with the performance but booing is for the tinpots out there.

And the atmosphere was shocking. One guy shouting F off Gunter was about as loud as it got. About as flat and boring as the performance. We've only got about four songs hardly ever sing really unless a corners been won or we've scored. 'Sing when you're winning...'

35 minutes ago, JW37 said:

And the atmosphere was shocking. One guy shouting F off Gunter was about as loud as it got. About as flat and boring as the performance. We've only got about four songs hardly ever sing really unless a corners been won or we've scored. 'Sing when you're winning...'

You must sit near me all I heard as well.

It's not just the booing but the low level groaning when one pass goes astray which adds to the negativity that build in the stadium & kills off any positive singing.

Of course there is frustration but I wish people would just think first. How exactly does me booing help the team on the pitch?.

We're all trying to help the club get to the Prem aren't we?. Is that more or less likely to be achieved by booing an admittedly poor performance when we sit second and a very good chance of automatic promotion.

Im not a booer but I don't care a jot if people boo but I heard not one single person boo so this represents the biggest non issue.  If the whole crowd is booing and there are signs with "clement out" on them, then at that point, Houston we have a problem. 

Archived