Booing?

StockholmRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Have I just heard some Derby fans booing at final whistle? I'm listening on Rams Player and sure I just heard booing. 

Sure it's disappointing not to win and the performance was flat... But booing? Yup...well done, that will help things. 

Having continued listening on RamsPlayer, I guess you realized Paul Clement was booing the loudest. It sounded a dreadful performance and a very angry manager.

Oh dear this is what worries me. Fans who know Nowt. Sorry but this " we've paid our cash so we can boo" stuff. Are you kidding!!!! 

We've a new coach, 6/7 new players.. Not played well and STILL 2nd... I'm sorry but to boo this team and coach or whoever they are booing out there is cretinous. 

Ive watched Derby since 5 years old.. Been to hundreds of games both home and away..spend MY hard earned cash time and again and not once booed my team. Never. That's what cretins do...

you keep on booing..See if it helps one iota... 

If the players don't give 100% effort then the fans should boo all they like.  It's a bit different if the players just aren't good enough or are struggling with form/confidence.  But as PC said, among the many shortcomings in tonight's performance was a general lack of commitment and if that's the case then the players richly deserved the boos at the end of the game.

On the other hand did the 28,175 fans give 100%?  We weren't exactly Besiktas in the atmosphere department when it mattered. 

5 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Oh dear this is what worries me. Fans who know Nowt. Sorry but this " we've paid our cash so we can boo" stuff. Are you kidding!!!! 

We've a new coach, 6/7 new players.. Not played well and STILL 2nd... I'm sorry but to boo this team and coach or whoever they are booing out there is cretinous. 

Ive watched Derby since 5 years old.. Been to hundreds of games both home and away..spend MY hard earned cash time and again and not once booed my team. Never. That's what cretins do...

I wasn't at the game so I wasn't one of the 'cretins' booing the team. I was just making the point that the fans have just gone and paid hard earned money to watch some of the highest paid players in the league show barely any effort against an average Reading side. Most had the weekend off so should have been fresh and up for it but it sounds like Reading showed more effort and desire to win. If the booing upsets the players then Clement's talk in the dressing room would have had them in tears if it was anything like his post match interview.

1 minute ago, StockholmRam said:

And how much did a match day ticket cost when you were 5?

As I've said before, complaining about the inevitable consequences of market forces is, frankly, pointless. People are now consumers. That's just the way it is and the players and their wage demands are largely to blame for that. 

They take the money regardless of performance. They also take the cheers when they come so they can take the boos when they let themselves down as well. Clement was fuming but the fans can't be? Strange logic.

As to whether it helps? How do you know it doesn't help? I'm not aware of any research to say one way or the other as to what benefit booing has. What's the old adage about some players needing a kick up the arse while some need an arm around the shoulder? Maybe a little bit of booing could be beneficial to some of them. A reminder of how privileged they are. How do you know it isn't? 

I pay hard earned money to support my team through thick and thin. Sometimes the players need a lift from the fans to push them through to get that goal. Maybe tonight was one of those occasions and we let ourselves down.

I wish fans would stop acting spoilt and see the bigger picture of this season. 

Purely from listening to the radio, it sounded as if we played dreadfully throughout, but the fans tried hard to lift the team to no avail. Often, from nowhere, I heard them chanting, but it seemed as if the players didn't respond. I have never ever ever booed the team or an individual player at a game, and don't think I ever would, but tonight's performance really sounded poor. And Clement was absolutely furious at the end. It sounded as though it;s a pivotal moment in the season as to how he and the players respond.

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

One match... They booed after one lacklustre match!!!!!!

Why are you making it out to be a bigger deal than it is?

I think it's a very unsophisticated form of showing discontent. One of the lowest forms of group intelligence. I don't get cross about much but I absolutely hate booing your own team or singling players out for personal abuse... 

It cost 50 p when I was 5 and is costing me about a grand total trip to come over and see Man Utd and MK Dons games... But I won't be booing... That you can be sure of.  

Some of our " fans" we're on players backs ( John McGovern and Hinton) when we were winning the bleedin league championship.. So nowts changed. Still moany old Derby. 

Archived