Booing?

StockholmRam

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

There are plenty of examples of players repudiated to have bad attitudes so I see no reason to think footballers can't just go through the motions.

It's not like that to happen at Derby since Nigel Clough stamped his mark but from Clements interview it sounded like he was of the opinion that it happened on Tuesday. I've no idea though, but it certainly can happen.

Both positive and negative reinforcement as well as punishers have been demonstrated to work in classical conditioning.

I'm of the opinion that, again in the welfare state, people give up on punishers too easily if they don't work. Instead of giving up they should raise the stakes. I don't see why I should treat footballers any differently so if booing doesn't work perhaps electrocution will?

All the fans should have a button they can press for each player and as soon as a certain percentage of the crowd have hit the same button, the player should receive a jolt of electricity in his nether regions that increases in power each time. Maybe one for the manager when the crowd feels a tactical change or a substitution is needed.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

All the fans should have a button they can press for each player and as soon as a certain percentage of the crowd have hit the same button, the player should receive a jolt of electricity in his nether regions that increases in power each time. Maybe one for the manager when the crowd feels a tactical change or a substitution is needed.

I like it. I've always looked forwards to the introduction of some kind of ultraviolent future sport like rollerball or the Running Man.

Sudden death penalties to be literal would be another suggestion.

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

Would that also include the heinous crime of a poster confusing the meaning of the words 'reputed' and 'repudated'?

17 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I like it. I've always looked forwards to the introduction of some kind of ultraviolent future sport like rollerball or the Running Man.

Sudden death penalties to be literal would be another suggestion.

They would be called actual death penalties. I bet Bucko would still step up to take one. 

17 hours ago, StringerBell said:

There are plenty of examples of players repudiated to have bad attitudes so I see no reason to think footballers can't just go through the motions.

It's not like that to happen at Derby since Nigel Clough stamped his mark but from Clements interview it sounded like he was of the opinion that it happened on Tuesday. I've no idea though, but it certainly can happen.

Both positive and negative reinforcement as well as punishers have been demonstrated to work in classical conditioning.

I'm of the opinion that, again in the welfare state, people give up on punishers too easily if they don't work. Instead of giving up they should raise the stakes. I don't see why I should treat footballers any differently so if booing doesn't work perhaps electrocution will?

Electrocution? Bit severe... I would however advocate docking salary. But I'm well 1970s me. I miss the 70s too much...

Archived