4th Round Draw

Shepram

3 hours ago, toddy said:

I never normally want us to lose, but I do in this one, we don't need a cup run -promotion is the only priority this season.

Cup runs are great if a team is looking to get some confidence, we don't need confidence and we risk injuries and tired legs.

Good job the great teams that win doubles don't have that attitude.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I went to the Middlesbrough game earlier this season and the Leeds game, but thank you so much for your concern. 

In answer to your question I'd love to see us spank Man U at Pride Park (like I saw us beat them 1-0 in the League Cup back when I had a season ticket).

It'll be on the telly :p

1 hour ago, Ovis aries said:

Good job the great teams that win doubles don't have that attitude.

There haven't been many great championship winning sides that have won the double or have there been?

FA cup are for those teams that are comfortable in premiership or the Arsenal's of this world.

Imagine the moans on here if lose some first team due to injuries, if had enough of that problem at the end of last season, we don't want a repeat do we? 

4 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'd already decided I would go if we got a home tie but if I wasn't and someone asked me to get them my ticket so they could see Man U I wouldn't. So there. 

A genuine born and bred Man U fan just asked me if he fails to get a ticket, assuming we give them 6,000 :huh: would I get him a ticket if he promised to sit on his hands when they score.

Cheeky mother trucker got no chance.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Disagree

a good cup run totally galvanises and lifts the club.

with a large squad and a pool of u21s it also gives others an opportunity to play.

the rot set in last season in the cup v reading when we had a laissez-faire attitude and started to think we could pick and chose the games we would address properly. Its a dangerous mindset and we lost our way.

not that we are likely to progress. But just imagine the lift it would give us if we did beat man utd.

Does the club actually need lifting, we are full of confidence.........Imagine the moans on here because we lose GT, CM or Johnson or Shacks due to injury against UTD.

Cup runs are great for championship sides help build confidence etc, we are full of confidence we don't need extra games - promotion has to be the no.1 priority, why risk players being injured?

If we want to continue play in the cup play the reserve 11?

27 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

A genuine born and bred Man U fan just asked me if he fails to get a ticket, assuming we give them 6,000 :huh: would I get him a ticket if he promised to sit on his hands when they score.

Cheeky mother trucker got no chance.

I have taken my Manure supporting son in law to the occasional game when others with a season ticket haven't been able to get to the game, but he knows that I will never get him a ticket for a game against them.

13 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I have taken my Manure supporting son in law to the occasional game when others with a season ticket haven't been able to get to the game, but he knows that I will never get him a ticket for a game against them.

Genuine Manchester United fans, especially the fans that follow them away, are some of the most knowledgeable genuine football fans I have ever met. 

I have to say that they are one of the teams that I always look to see their results on a Saturday afternoon (ha ha like they EVER get to play on a Saturday!) 

should be a great atmosphere and look great on tv...looking forward to watching it in a bar on the beach in down town St Pete, I am 100% sure there will be a few United fans in there that I will be able to get a few beers from in various bets.! 

55 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It would be pretty unique if a second division team did that...has anyone ever done it..?

Not yet, We are good at breaking records, so why not this one ;-)

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Does the club actually need lifting, we are full of confidence.........Imagine the moans on here because we lose GT, CM or Johnson or Shacks due to injury against UTD.

Cup runs are great for championship sides help build confidence etc, we are full of confidence we don't need extra games - promotion has to be the no.1 priority, why risk players being injured?

If we want to continue play in the cup play the reserve 11?

Imagine the moans and groans if we lose 5-0 and the confidence from the fringe players being totally sapped so when they have to play because of injury/suspension or tactical reasons and wont feel confident to play their own way/game.

6 hours ago, toddy said:

I never normally want us to lose, but I do in this one, we don't need a cup run -promotion is the only priority this season.

Cup runs are great if a team is looking to get some confidence, we don't need confidence and we risk injuries and tired legs.

Could not agree more. The best distraction for the 25th Jan game against Burnley is to be playing Man Utd on 30th Jan. Clement needs to say that if you under perform against Burnley then you are NOT playing against Man Utd. If we inexplicably lose the game after Man Utd that would be extremely bad.  Long term.Injuries against Man Utd would be unbelievably bad news for our promotion push. in short could be exciting, could be disastrous. We will see.

3 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I can't afford a season ticket and no longer live in the area, however I did go to Wembley and would certainly like to go to this game. 

However I am a lifelong "fan".

Get your head out of your arse.

vic.jpg

Archived