• Last Reply
41 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Clement "sleep my pretties"

Pearce "I don't wanna"

Bucko "sleep"

Pearce - traumatic nightmares ensue..waking up Bicko

...coffee is poured.

Pearce loaned out to Brizzle...

Bicko - the art of rendering someone unconscious with a ball-point pen.

Buckminsterfullerene has advanced carbon  bonding that gives it a football shape. Buckominsterfullerene's advanced bonding may prove more valuable than just Pearceing it together.Bucko should be given a job as full back and see if he can get everyone working  and bonding together better.I joke not.

One of the ramsplayer interviews said they were doing it in preseason, 100% certain.

They'd get up in the morning, have a double training session. Then go home, sleep, eat, and come back at 5pm for an evening session.

I don't think we still do it, think it was just a preseason thing. Probably true that some players didn't like it. Remember under Mac when they had triple sessions in preseason and they all break down? That's why Clement sent them beddy-byes.

But of course, he and his team know nothing about sports psychology and the physiology of athletes. Certainly not as much as Joe Nobody on the internet.

Such an English mentality!  

Ignorance to anything that isn't the same as it was in 1966! 

Just cos Nobby Stiles ran around a lot and Jack Charlton was a brave lion, doesn't mean that's the only way to do it. 

Rest is a massive part of professional sport, so it's sensible to try and implement it on varying ways. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just cos Nobby Stiles ran around a lot and Jack Charlton was a brave lion, doesn't mean that's the only way to do it. 

Rest is a massive part of professional sport, so it's sensible to try and implement it on varying ways. 

Indeed. In the Tour De France the riders have people hired just to go into their hotel rooms before the race ends and replace the hotel beds with their own that are made specially to fit their body so that they can sleep in the same position every night.

Not going to win you the Tour but if it helps you 0.1% it all accumulates. 

Read an article a while back about how an athletes training changed when the went from amateur to professional. The biggest difference was more rest, including sleep, the amount of training sessions and intensity didn't change. Sleep is very important in achieving a high level of fitness. 

This is nothing to do with sports science. It's just the Mediterranean way of life. Work patterns are different due primarily to weather. I didn't realise we suffered from early afternoon heat in Derbyshire. The Spanish traditionally had lunch had a couple of hours sleep then worked on into the cooler evening. 

I expect the British version is to sleep during the early afternoon then stop work at 5pm.

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

But Pearce  is Irish..although he was Scottish when he was younger!

Archived