Alex Pearce to be loaned out?

admira

10 hours ago, Gladram said:

Read an article a while back about how an athletes training changed when the went from amateur to professional. The biggest difference was more rest, including sleep, the amount of training sessions and intensity didn't change. Sleep is very important in achieving a high level of fitness. 

Yep it's all about recovery time which PC always refers too! Starts as soon as they get off the pitch, so much has been implemented in improving recovery time since he came in!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Anon said:

You'd let your manager dictate your bedtime? Pearce is a footballer, not a toddler. If he performs as well as the little catamites who've been to beddy-byes for an hour or two in the afternoon training session I fail to see how it's an issue.

I would have no complaints about being paid to sleep!

and some research:

Effects of Napping
Athletes suffering from some degree of sleep loss may benefit from a brief nap, particularly if a training session is to be completed in the afternoon or evening. Waterhouse et al. (2007) are one of the only groups to investigate the effects of a lunchtime nap on sprint performance following partial sleep deprivation (4 h of sleep). Following a 30-minute nap, 20 m sprint performance was increased (compared to no nap), alertness was increased and sleepiness was decreased. In terms of cognitive performance, sleep supplementation in the form of napping has been shown to have a positive influence on cognitive tasks (Postolache et al., 2005). Naps can markedly reduce sleepiness and can be beneficial when learning skills, strategy or tactics in sleep-deprived individuals (Postolache et al., 2005). Napping may be beneficial for athletes who have to routinely wake early for training or competition and for athletes who are experiencing sleep deprivation (Waterhouse et al., 2007).

From this paper:

http://www.gssiweb.org/Article/sse-113-sleep-and-the-elite-athlete

from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute no less

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't believe what science says........................look at the state of the world!

Most of the current problems with the world are a result of people believing in bizarre ancient Middle Eastern pamphlets...and the Daily Mail.

:D Siesta is a hot weather jobbo. it is culturally ingrained in the Spanish persona. Not appropriate IMO at DCFC for a few guys in the East Midlands. A game of table tennis and a pint of Adam's Ale was good enough when i was a lad. That is how we won the World Cup in 1066. Team spirit is the issue, so a good sauna and a sound thrashing with a bit of seaweed may help.. A round of golf and a good session of paint balling would be more useful than singing a lullaby to Bucko, which could prove to be inadvisable.:D I am joking, okay. No offence Nintendo.

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This is the wrong thread but why trust science now when science has been involved with the production of pollution through its paymasters for the last 100 years?

I really can't decide if you're trolling or genuinely believe that...

On 1/20/2016 at 09:47, ilkleyram said:

and some research:

Effects of Napping
Athletes suffering from some degree of sleep loss may benefit from a brief nap, particularly if a training session is to be completed in the afternoon or evening. Waterhouse et al. (2007) are one of the only groups to investigate the effects of a lunchtime nap on sprint performance following partial sleep deprivation (4 h of sleep). Following a 30-minute nap, 20 m sprint performance was increased (compared to no nap), alertness was increased and sleepiness was decreased. In terms of cognitive performance, sleep supplementation in the form of napping has been shown to have a positive influence on cognitive tasks (Postolache et al., 2005). Naps can markedly reduce sleepiness and can be beneficial when learning skills, strategy or tactics in sleep-deprived individuals (Postolache et al., 2005). Napping may be beneficial for athletes who have to routinely wake early for training or competition and for athletes who are experiencing sleep deprivation (Waterhouse et al., 2007).

From this paper:

http://www.gssiweb.org/Article/sse-113-sleep-and-the-elite-athlete

from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute no less

Well our lot should be benefiting with all the napping in the last two games

20 hours ago, Rampage said:

Mistake not to have a recall clause for Pearce, surely.Unless we are saying, play for a contract at Bristol and you can go, Alex. 

You can't have a recall option in a normal loan (i.e. not an emergency or youth loan).  Unless it's a full season loan, in which case the player can only be recalled during the January transfer window.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

You can't have a recall option in a normal loan (i.e. not an emergency or youth loan).  Unless it's a full season loan, in which case the player can only be recalled during the January transfer window.

I was not aware of that, duncanjwitham. Let's hope that it does not come back to bite us and that we are not one Pearce short of the puzzle.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I was not aware of that, duncanjwitham. Let's hope that it does not come back to bite us and that we are not one Pearce short of the puzzle.

It won't bite us anyway. 

Archived