Thorne injury

HeyHudson

George Thorne could miss Derby County’s next two matches with a back problem.

The midfielder limped off in the first half of the defeat at Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The calf injury is linked to the back problem, the club say.

He is in London today having treatment.

“George will be pushed to make this weekend’s game against Hartlepool and possibly Tuesday as well,” said head coach Paul Clement.

Derby play Reading in the Championship at the iPro Stadium on Tuesday.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Live-Rams-blog-Thursday-January-7/story-28479244-detail/story.html

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, curtains said:

No m8 we don't need to do that. 

I assume this is tongue in cheek lol

U21s lost to Villa  reserves last time out so would be a big risk against the pool.  

That was reply to post above ?  

Not at all, if we can't beat them with our 3rd choice team then there is something wrong, and if we do lose it doesn't matter at all, we aren't going to win the FA Cup, we are in a promotion race and the sooner we get out of any other distractions the better.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Not at all, if we can't beat them with our 3rd choice team then there is something wrong, and if we do lose it doesn't matter at all, we aren't going to win the FA Cup, we are in a promotion race and the sooner we get out of any other distractions the better.

No we have a big squad so we want to do well in the FA Cup IMO .

I would put a decent side out 

My initial concern is that we've had a couple of injuries lately where the expected return date has kept getting pushed back (Bryson, Carson, Bucko). It may well be that the club are trying to spin this in the best possible light, but it really wouldn't surprise me if he misses more than Hartlepool and Reading.

</GlassHalfEmpty>

Just now, curtains said:

No we have a big squad so we want to do well in the FA Cup IMO .

I would put a decent side out 

but we definitely won't win it, so what is the point.? What if we go up to Hartlepool and Shackle breaks his leg as we comfortably win then we play Sunderland in the next round and Ince pulls his hamstring....and then we lose to them..... so we end up out of the cup with two of our key players out... just no point. at the very most I would play people like Pearce, Bryson, Blackman, Camara players that aren't required for the rest of the season or who are just starting with us.

Slightly worrying. Carson was only supposed to be out short term with his back injury and he's missed 7 games so far.

Hopefully if Georgey is only out for Hartlepool and Reading we've got enough to cope. I wouldn't like him out much longer when bigger games like Burnley away come around.

He would have been rested against Hartlepool anyway, that's almost certain, so we can't really count that as a match missed through injury.

Versus Reading, although a very good player down, it would make it easier to try a 4-2-3-1 which I'm excited to see now Blackman has arrived. It would require dropping one of the midfield three however, so with Thorne out it gives us more leniency to do that.

Butterfield Johnson

Blackman Ince Russell

Martin

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

but we definitely won't win it, so what is the point.? What if we go up to Hartlepool and Shackle breaks his leg as we comfortably win then we play Sunderland in the next round and Ince pulls his hamstring....and then we lose to them..... so we end up out of the cup with two of our key players out... just no point. at the very most I would play people like Pearce, Bryson, Blackman, Camara players that aren't required for the rest of the season or who are just starting with us.

Thing is though you can be injured in training at any time. 

Its a fact in football that you have to live with injuries it's part and parcel of the game. 

I would give some fringe players game time but would still put a decent side out.

Chelsea at home etc next round would be a money spinner. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Thing is though you can be injured in training at any time. 

Its a fact in football that you have to live with injuries it's part and parcel of the game. 

I would give some firing player shame time but would still put a decent side out.

Chelsea at home etc next round would be a money spinner. 

Exactly....Chelsea at home in the next round would be a "money spinner"........ We don't need money... Mel has enough of it, and the money available from a home tie against Chelsea that we would lose compared to a full season in the Premiershite doesn't compare at all.

We need to rest at least... Grant, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Thorne, Butterfield, Hendrick, Ince, Martin and Johnson.

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Exactly....Chelsea at home in the next round would be a "money spinner"........ We don't need money... Mel has enough of it, and the money available from a home tie against Chelsea that we would lose compared to a full season in the Premiershite doesn't compare at all.

We need to rest at least... Grant, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Thorne, Butterfield, Hendrick, Ince, Martin and Johnson.

Won't happen . 

So what's your team then. 

This is a suggestion. 

Grant 

Baird.  Buxton.  Pearce.  Warnock

Hendrick. Bryson Hanson. 

Russell.    Martin.     Camara

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It doesn't matter how much money Mel has when it comes to FFP. It's about the money coming in and out of the club, and the more money spinners we have, the more we are allowed to spend without risking any kind of penalty.

Archived