Thorne injury

HeyHudson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Leeds Ram said:

A lot more an a few thousand Pounds I would hope

To be worth more than promotion it would have to be a lot more than a few thousand pounds that is for sure. If we got 1 million in total to reach the 5th round draw against a premiershite team that beat us it is still not worth it at all if we get Shackle injured...(or any of them for that matter)

We aren't going to win it, so play the kids and let the squad relax for a couple of extra days.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

if we are relying on a lucrative cup game against one of the big teams at home to cover ourselves for the FFP then we are in BIG BIG trouble and I would be gob smacked if that were the case.

Look after the pennies....

Your argument about the irrelevance of gate money is akin to saying that we don't need stadium sponsorship, shirt sponsorship and other commercial partnerships.

At the end of the day, all money coming in to the club will assist in us progressing - in fact, it's absolutely vital. Saying that being in the cup is a bad thing because we aren't going to win it or a key player might get injured is another area where I would disagree with you. Win four games - just four - and it's a day out at Wembley.

This year will mark 40 years since the worst day supporting Derby in my lifetime (the semi final defeat to Man Utd at Hillsborough when we were absolutely red hot favourites) - and I for one am still not really over it. In my mind, the FA Cup is still the best domestic football tournament in the world - and it does afford entry to Europe for the winner (often for the runner up if you're up against a 'big gun'). I've not got that many years left, but I would like one more opportunity to follow Derby in Europe - even for just one or two games.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

Your argument about the irrelevance of gate money is akin to saying that we don't need stadium sponsorship, shirt sponsorship and other commercial partnerships.

At the end of the day, all money coming in to the club will assist in us progressing - in fact, it's absolutely vital. Saying that being in the cup is a bad thing because we aren't going to win it or a key player might get injured is another area where I would disagree with you. Win four games - just four - and it's a day out at Wembley.

This year will mark 40 years since the worst day supporting Derby in my lifetime (the semi final defeat to Man Utd at Hillsborough when we were absolutely red hot favourites) - and I for one am still not really over it. In my mind, the FA Cup is still the best domestic football tournament in the world - and it does afford entry to Europe for the winner (often for the runner up if you're up against a 'big gun'). I've not got that many years left, but I would like one more opportunity to follow Derby in Europe - even for just one or two games.

i totally agree with you...i LOVE the FA Cup and would take us winning it over promotion every time....but, right now we have to say...have we got a realistic chance of winning it...answer no...we have a chance but lets be honest, its not going tot happen......do we have a realistic chance of promotion.....yes we do.... what is more important....? what is going to gain us more revenue....?

the money is irrelevant, it would be totally peanuts to Mel and total peanuts against promotion.

This game is the ideal opportunity to rest everyone, and give the youngsters and squad players a game...as i said, even with our third choice 11 out there we would roll them over.

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

Muespach Ram is right. Quite frankly if our "squad" players can't beat hartlepool then perhaps they should be nowhere near the our club because some of these players may have to come in for injured players further down the season. It will see if they have the bottle or not. I would rest our whole first team.

Terrible logic. 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Terrible logic. 

no it is not it is perfectly correct....we are playing a team in league 2 we should roll them over with our academy players never mind the squad players who as McLovin said may have to come into the team at any moment and play much bigger and more important games against much better opposition.

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

no it is not it is perfectly correct....we are playing a team in league 2 we should roll them over with our academy players never mind the squad players who as McLovin said may have to come into the team at any moment and play much bigger and more important games against much better opposition.

It's not that easy as you think it is. 

59 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

i totally agree with you...i LOVE the FA Cup and would take us winning it over promotion every time....but, right now we have to say...have we got a realistic chance of winning it...answer no...we have a chance but lets be honest, its not going tot happen......do we have a realistic chance of promotion.....yes we do.... what is more important....? what is going to gain us more revenue....?

the money is irrelevant, it would be totally peanuts to Mel and total peanuts against promotion.

This game is the ideal opportunity to rest everyone, and give the youngsters and squad players a game...as i said, even with our third choice 11 out there we would roll them over.

But B4 said we were going to win the FA Cup this season, FFS mate, I even put a fiver on it, stop being unrealistic :pinch:

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I have never disagreed with you more, eddie. One injury to one key player in the FA Cup may ruin our season. If it happens in the League, then so be it. In the FA Cup, then totally pointless. i have seen teams have good Cup runs and fade in the League in the last few games. Let us hope that some of  Boro, Hull, Brighton and Burnley do that. Let that playing time come out of their legs, not out of ours. Fixture congestion with replays etc always converts into dropped points in the League.

58 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

It's not that easy as you think it is. 

True.

I still shudder every time I remember Nathan Ellington in a Brizzle Rovers shirt.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

I was there that day Eddie,and like you  have probably not got that many years left to be a Rams supporter(67 years old)I just want my team in the Premiership and to get our revenge over Manure,so it could be in the Cup

1 minute ago, Malagaram said:

I was there that day Eddie,and like you  have probably not got that many years left to be a Rams supporter(67 years old)I just want my team in the Premiership and to get our revenge over Manure,so it could be in the Cup

It was the Memsahib's grandparents golden wedding anniversary that day too - it sure put a damper on the occasion. When I got back from Hillsborough everyone looked as miserable as sin - until someone said "We'll probably win it next year - we're good enough to do the double". Who would have thought that 6 months later, Dave Mackay had been sacked and Colin Bloody Murphy appointed in his place.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

I have never disagreed with you more, eddie. One injury to one key player in the FA Cup may ruin our season. If it happens in the League, then so be it. In the FA Cup, then totally pointless. i have seen teams have good Cup runs and fade in the League in the last few games. Let us hope that some of  Boro, Hull, Brighton and Burnley do that. Let that playing time come out of their legs, not out of ours. Fixture congestion with replays etc always converts into dropped points in the League.

Did villa the world of good last season... Now look at them. 

I was at that semi final at Hillsborough when we had to play without Charlie George who dislocated his shoulder at Stoke the week before and I broke my wrist when I got crushed after Rioch flattened Greenhoff or was it Pearson I'm not sure and Gerry Daly in the center circle and the Man U Fans at the back of the Spion Kop pushed forward.

Still have nightmares about that game  

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

It was the Memsahib's grandparents golden wedding anniversary that day too - it sure put a damper on the occasion. When I got back from Hillsborough everyone looked as miserable as sin - until someone said "We'll probably win it next year - we're good enough to do the double". Who would have thought that 6 months later, Dave Mackay had been sacked and Colin Bloody Murphy appointed in his place.

Gordon Hill, the man who started the demise of DCFC

Last season - Reading in the Cup - start of the slide?

This season - Hartlepool away on a crepe pitch?

Clement has set his sights on a good Cup run - bad idea IMO

Advantages of FA cup run. (If we get promoted)

1. More cash in the coffers

2 Some fringe players get a game sometimes, harder the opposition, the less chance of...

3. More time on tv?

4. Profile of the Club is increased

5. Players in shop window?

6. Players get chance to play against Premier team(s) to evaluate our progress.

7. More games for fans to watch

8. Potential increase in confidence of players?

Disadvantages of FA cup run. (If we get promoted or not)

1. Tired legs may lead to drop in performance

2. Fixture congestion / replays

3. Unnecessary Injuries? Too late to replace players after window closes.

4. Loss of focus on promotion target

5. Players 'saving' themselves for big FA Cup matches leads to lost points

VOTE - FA Cup Run 

YES

NO

37 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Gordon Hill, the man who started the demise of DCFC

Last season - Reading in the Cup - start of the slide? NOPE, Started at Fulham onwards. 

This season - Hartlepool away on a crepe pitch?

Clement has set his sights on a good Cup run - bad idea IMO

Advantages of FA cup run. (If we get promoted)

1. More cash in the coffers

2 Some fringe players get a game sometimes, harder the opposition, the less chance of...

3. More time on tv?

4. Profile of the Club is increased

5. Players in shop window?

6. Players get chance to play against Premier team(s) to evaluate our progress.

7. More games for fans to watch

8. Potential increase in confidence of players?

Disadvantages of FA cup run. (If we get promoted or not)

1. Tired legs may lead to drop in performance

2. Fixture congestion / replays

3. Unnecessary Injuries? Too late to replace players after window closes.

4. Loss of focus on promotion target

5. Players 'saving' themselves for big FA Cup matches leads to lost points

VOTE - FA Cup Run 

YES

NO

FA Cup run every time.

I was there at Hillsborough. Queued all night outside the Baseball ground for a ticket. A month before the semi-final we were on for the double.....Denis Smith, the Stoke predecessor of Ryan "rugby player" Shawcross, speared Charlie into the turf during a league game at the Baseball ground smashing his collar bone - it was the only way he could stop him - totally ******* our season up. Charlie was the best player in the country at the time.

A 20 something fat scummy manc skinhead threatened me outside Hillsborough and tried to nick my ticket as we queued to get in, I was nearly 16, I nutted him and several older Derby kicked his arse all the way up Leppings lane. ....there was a rumoured 5,000 United fans round the stadium that day trying to get tickets...fighting broke out before during and after the game. the ref cheated and disallowed a perfectly good goal from David Nish and I've always hated man ure ever since.

The only consolation was seeing a large group of very mouthy mancs get a good kicking near the station a good hour after the game.

Archived