Thorne injury

HeyHudson

8 hours ago, curtains said:

Forgot about Shotton .

Anyhow that's your point .

Did you like my team. 

If I was manager I'd be wary about my team I suggested as it looks a bit weak

I would put nearer the first team out to be honest as the FA Cup is important and I'd like to go all the way in it. 

When curtains says he's up for going all the way down the track well, there's only the finial at the end that's going to stop him.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rampage said:

I have never disagreed with you more, eddie. One injury to one key player in the FA Cup may ruin our season. If it happens in the League, then so be it. In the FA Cup, then totally pointless. i have seen teams have good Cup runs and fade in the League in the last few games. Let us hope that some of  Boro, Hull, Brighton and Burnley do that. Let that playing time come out of their legs, not out of ours. Fixture congestion with replays etc always converts into dropped points in the League.

No problem, and perfectly understandable.

I've seen us win the league twice - I want an FA Cup before I die. My mum and dad saw one - I am still playing 'catch-up'. I hope the relative youngsters (like Utch :p) can look back on their memories of Derby County in a few decades with the same pride and joy as I can.

I have all the respect in the world for you, eddie but if we miss promotion this season because of injuries to key players and fixture congestion in the FA Cup it would be a shot in our own foot after two seasons already where we stood a very good chance of promotion. If we get promotion this season and a few FA Cup games then so be it but business is business, we need promotion this season, eddie. As I see it we are going to run £4.5 million pounds of new players, who will want to impress, out on a crap pitch against an inferior team who see us as their FA Cup final and will be tempted to make last ditch tackles to stop goals going in against them. Recipe for unfortunate but predictable injuries.

9 hours ago, maydrakin said:

I still shudder every time I remember Nathan Ellington in a Derby shirt.

Except in the league cup, of course.

Still struggling on the logic of chucking out 11 players who have never played a game together and expecting them to roll over a team who will be playing out their skin for the occasion is an amazing idea.

Why is it so important we have a cup run? Well, apart from Eddie going to Wembley before he departs to pastures higher above!

Are we going to win the cup?- Nope, don't really think so

Do we need a cup run to gain some confidence? - Nope, we are 2nd & have bundles of confidence.

Do we need a fixture build up, if we get drawn games? Nope, its the last thing we need is more games going into the business end of the season.

Do we need to risk injuries in these extra games? Nope, as it could a big impact our promotion.  

Sorry Eddie you will have to hang on for another 12 months before you depart to the big stadium in the sky.....

Forget the FA cup..

The most important thing is promotion this season.

8 minutes ago, toddy said:

Why is it so important we have a cup run? Well, apart from Eddie going to Wembley before he departs to pastures higher above!

Are we going to win the cup?- Nope, don't really think so

Do we need a cup run to gain some confidence? - Nope, we are 2nd & have bundles of confidence.

Do we need a fixture build up, if we get drawn games? Nope, its the last thing we need is more games going into the business end of the season.

Do we need to risk injuries in these extra games? Nope, as it could a big impact our promotion.  

Sorry Eddie you will have to hang on for another 12 months before you depart to the big stadium in the sky.....

Forget the FA cup..

The most important thing is promotion this season.

Why .

You can get injured training we all know that don't we. 

The FA Cup is important to the Rams. 

Most injuries are caused by inocuious challenges and you can get injured getting out the bath. 

8 minutes ago, toddy said:

Nowhere near as important as promotion.

You might look at it another way and think games are better than training .

I mean Derby have to arrange friendly games on blank weekends don't they if we are knocked out the Cup. 

Promotion is vital but i don't see a conflict of interest with the championship battle with us having a Cup run as we have  a bigger squad now  

Reading got to the Semi Final last season but still beat us 3-0 last game at the IPRO 

We could field a different 11 from the team that start most league games without having to use a team full of young uns.

We have people like Bryson, Buxton, Pearce, Shotton and Bent who haven't had much football, add to that the new lads and then players like Hendrick, Baird and Wiemann who are either coming off the bench or being subbed most games and we should have enough quality to win on Saturday without risking too much.

The one big benefit is that it also gives the squad some much needed minutes on the pitch that will improve their match fitness and make them sharper should we need them for the run in.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

You might look at it another way and think games are better than training .

I mean Derby have to arrange friendly games on blank weekends don't they if we are knocked out the Cup. 

Promotion is vital but i don't see a conflict of interest with the championship battle with us having a Cup run as we have  a bigger squad now  

Reading got to the Semi Final last season but still beat us 3-0 last game at the IPRO 

Everyone in the Championship is constantly complaining that there are too many fixtures and how fixture pile up kills them etc etc...if there is any chance at all that we can help this by getting out of the FA Cup asap then great, we should do that.

Promotion is all that matters, we can go on and win the FA Cup in a couple of seasons when we are settled in 10th position in the Premiershite and everyone is bored out of their brains playing the same clubs every season and winning and losing the same games every year..

Great example with Reading last season, because they got into the play offs and promoted which would have been their target at the start of the season easily right?

Archived