And we're done.

SaintRam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be sad to see Weimann go. 

Nice guy and had a few good moments, but sometimes he's a bit too 'Cwyka'.

and although johnny's not had a great last few weeks. I still think we've seen enough from him over the seasons to keep him. 

At the very least, he'd scare the bejeezus out of some tired legged defenders coming on with 15 mins to go.

3 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Is there a tacit admission from Clement with the Camara and Blackman signings that Weimann hasn't worked out?

I would suggest only in as much as signing Johnson and Butterfield was because we don't think Hendrick is good enough and we never think Hughes is ever coming back... 

Think in this day it's important to have plenty of cover... And if that cover happens to be as good as the starters then great! The rotation we've seen on who is 'first choice' in our wingers shows form will be the main decider of who plays... And it's worried the hell out of me recently when we've only had Bent and Weimann as potential 'game changing' subs...

2 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

I wouldn't be sad to see Weimann go. 

Nice guy and had a few good moments, but sometimes he's a bit too 'Cwyka'.

and although johnny's not had a great last few weeks. I still think we've seen enough from him over the seasons to keep him. 

At the very least, he'd scare the bejeezus out of some tired legged defenders coming on with 15 mins to go.

I agree, barring a few good performances, Hull and QPR spring to mind, he's just a little bit too ineffectual.

That being said, he's a striker and we've played him out wide. Now that Martin's out of form and we've got a cup game on saturday, I'd start him centrally, just to see what he can do. He reminds me of Vydra when he was at Watford, I can see him playing off the shoulder of the last man waiting for the ball to be played through. That being said, that'd only work with 2 upfront.

It doesn't feel justified selling a player when he's only been played out of position the whole time.

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

It doesn't feel justified selling a player when he's only been played out of position the whole time.

Substitute "whole" with "most of" and that's almost word for word what my Villa mate said when we signed him.

10 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Substitute "whole" with "most of" and that's almost word for word what my Villa mate said when we signed him.

He seemed to do well when he played up front for Villa, obviously I only saw select highlights on various media outlets but I remember when he got a brace against Man Utd and thought he looked the real deal.

Alternatively, the fact he's not been deemed good enough at two seperate clubs to play upfront could tell a different story?

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

He seemed to do well when he played up front for Villa, obviously I only saw select highlights on various media outlets but I remember when he got a brace against Man Utd and thought he looked the real deal.

Alternatively, the fact he's not been deemed good enough at two seperate clubs to play upfront could tell a different story?

He probably is better up front in a different system, but he's not going to be as good as Martin in our current system. I keep finding myself thinking what we'd change our system to if Martin got injured. It's not like last year, a Martin injury wouldn't be quite as disastrous and I'm really curious what our best XI would become. Don't WANT it to happen though, obviously. 

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Yeah I got showed those too and funny that's the game my mate specifically mentioned, so they obviously had a similar feel as fans. He was sorry to see him go, but said he didn't quite fit. Which leads onto your second point.

Different opinions of coaches maybe, but personally I'd like to see him coached to improve and I hope P.C perseveres because with a fair bit if pace, I think there's a decent player in the making, above Championship level anyway.

8 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Yeah I got showed those too and funny that's the game my mate specifically mentioned, so they obviously had a similar feel as fans. He was sorry to see him go, but said he didn't quite fit. Which leads onto your second point.

Different opinions of coaches maybe, but personally I'd like to see him coached to improve and I hope P.C perseveres because with a fair bit if pace, I think there's a decent player in the making, above Championship level anyway.

Looks like I must be a Villa fan then...     :lol:

The two up top option must be in Clement's head I'm sure. I think it's more how to arrange the midfield that is the head scratcher. Thorne is great at that holding role but can do the 4-4-2 role? The diamond has width issues? Martin has ony been really good in our 4-3-3 would Clement leave him out to go with two of Bent,Weimann, Ince,Blackman (even Russell and Camara in that although I think they are sentenced to the wide position)

HTC  - whilst I appreciate get some stories correct - need to check their accuracy a little bit. 

In this   http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/06/paul-clement-rules-out-any-more-derby-county-transfers/? story the author wrote

The Rams now have strength in depth in every position of their side, and they appear to be one of the leading contenders to achieve promotion this season.

Did they forget about left back - this should have been a priority

7 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Is there a tacit admission from Clement with the Camara and Blackman signings that Weimann hasn't worked out?

Weimann has missed goal scoring opportunities that he should have scored from. That is my only criticism of him.

Carson

christie.   Keogh.     Shackell.     Warnock 

.                         Thorne

.             Butterfield.    Johnson 

ince.               Blackman.         Camara

7 signed this season and only two played at Wembley.

Just now, RamNut said:

Carson

christie.   Keogh.     Shackell.     Warnock 

.                         Thorne

.             Butterfield.    Johnson 

ince.               Blackman.         Camara

7 signed this season and only two played at Wembley.

but first choice and barring injuries you have - Martin, Hughes and Forsyth to add to that that played at Wembley. Maybe even Russell too

Archived