And we're done.

SaintRam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I would suggest only in as much as signing Johnson and Butterfield was because we don't think Hendrick is good enough and we never think Hughes is ever coming back... 

Think in this day it's important to have plenty of cover... And if that cover happens to be as good as the starters then great! The rotation we've seen on who is 'first choice' in our wingers shows form will be the main decider of who plays... And it's worried the hell out of me recently when we've only had Bent and Weimann as potential 'game changing' subs...

By all accounts subbing Weimann on at boro was certainly game changing. 

Not necessarily to our advantage tho.

On 1/7/2016 at 06:47, HantsRam said:

By all accounts subbing Weimann on at boro was certainly game changing. 

Not necessarily to our advantage tho.

Not sure what your point is here tbh? Are you blaming Weimann for the defeat? Or are you just having a general moan?

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Not sure what your point is here tbh? Are you blaming Weimann for the defeat? Or are you just having a general moan?

I wasn't there so am merely reflecting other views on here that the substitution of Weimann for Butterfield lost us the midfield and hence altered the balance of the game in Boro's favour.

Materially altering the course of a game not going our way is something I think Paul Clement is still learning. I am struggling to recall a game which was successfully turned around by a substitute or tactical change. 

I don't think that's a general moan. More a specific observation/criticism. 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

I wasn't there so am merely reflecting other views on here that the substitution of Weimann for Butterfield lost us the midfield and hence altered the balance of the game in Boro's favour.

Materially altering the course of a game not going our way is something I think Paul Clement is still learning. I am struggling to recall a game which was successfully turned around by a substitute or tactical change. 

I don't think that's a general moan. More a specific observation/criticism. 

MK Dons, bringing Bent on and moving Ince centrally

Archived