The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

How did they get away with that character Seaman Staines?

it was a side effect of Master Bates employing Roger (the cabin boy)

although none of those characters eve actually appeared in Captain Pugwash.

double entendres

There is a persistent urban legend, repeated by the now defunct UK newspaper the Sunday Correspondent, that ascribes sexually suggestive names – such as Master Bates, Seaman Staines, and Roger (meaning "have sex with") the Cabin Boy – to Captain Pugwash's characters, and indicating that the captain's name was a slang Australian term for oral sex.[3] This myth appears to have grown out of playground jokes about the character Master Mate, whose name when spoken by Pugwash occasionally sounded something like "Master Bate". However none of the other characters ever featured in the show. Interestingly, although there was a real character called Willy, which is an inoffensive British slang term for penis, this character is never cited as an example of the double entendres.

John Ryan successfully sued both the Sunday Correspondent and The Guardian newspapers in 1991 for printing this legend as fact.[4] The origin of this myth is likely due to student rag mags from the 1970s.[5]

Just been reading a bit of forest forum. I think I actually feel sorry for them. Not in a (too) patronising way, just it's a bit of a shame how their club has been run.

Some of them still think they have some sort of great squad though, once the injuries clear up.

If we do go up this season then we might keep hold of the BC trophy for a while. They are mostly predicting relegation next season.

45 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought there was a thing with the BC Trophy that if the clubs were in different divisions there would be a friendly each season for it?

Yep

Not quite sure which way I want the Forest v Brighton match to go today. Help for our faint hopes of automatic promotion or another push towards the outside chance of relegation for Forest?

Oh bugger it...I want to go Wembley again this year, so Come on you Seagulls.

17 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Not quite sure which way I want the Forest v Brighton match to go today. Help for our faint hopes of automatic promotion or another push towards the outside chance of relegation for Forest?

Oh bugger it...I want to go Wembley again this year, so Come on you Seagulls.

We'll take your time as you've got another day to decide, they don't play till tomorrow night ;) 

No way Forest will go down now, there are far worse teams in the division than them. Will be wanting them to get something out of the game so Brighton don't close the gap to the top 2. I'd be a lot more comfortable with playing Brighton in the play offs than Boro or Burnley.

Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No way Forest will go down now, there are four worse teams in the division than them. Will be wanting them to get something out of the game so Brighton don't close the gap to the top 2. I'd be a lot more comfortable with playing Brighton in the play offs than Boro or Burnley.

Ftfy

Forest could be 21st this time next week and still no chance of going down, that's how poor the bottom 3 have been this season.. I expected better from MK Dons though, losing to that lot our lowest point this season. 

20th... they were making a late push for playoffs 6 weeks ago

Archived