The Wristslasher Thread

Kernow

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Buying a striker would just mean another guy getting little service and watching on. The tactics and team need addressing, throwing money at it is pointless.

I don't understand why people think we need a new striker anyway. Martin has scored 20 goals in his last two season for us and has already scored 9 this season, but he has obviously hit a rough patch and is getting limited service currently. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

I'm amazed that people think we can just buy a quality striker, and then that would guarantee second place!??! 

We bought a quality defender in Shackell and it sorted the defence out.

However I personally said winger and striker. We were after Antonio at one point (after Ince and Weimann signed) so Clement obviously thought we could do with one and the strikers we have been linked prove to me the club wants a striker.

I'm genuinely worried we are after a second rate Winger from France who doesn't score or assist...

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Ok sense of realism.

We want to get promoted, that's the simple target. Therefore is it unrealistic to ask for a team which can compete with the best team in the league? No I don think it is unfair.

May have taken Boro 83 minutes to score but the score line is very fair.

Friend was sensational. Leadbitter and Clayton dominated.

We could be playing for another 90 minutes and we won't look like scoring. Martin was woeful and has been a shadow of the player from early on.

Weimann has been shocking. Not his fault for being sent on the pitch, that was Clements fault but he had a major part to play in the goal.

Ince hasn't shown up for a big game again.

Honestly don't think it's wrist slashing to say we need a quality striker and a quality winger to GUARANTEE second place. Without them we just be competing for second.

Bad day for Clement, bad day for Derby, great day for Boro and Hull.

Fair comment ,we are slightly unconvincing [can't put it any other way] I thought the game against Leeds looked like two mid table sides at best .

We may have some good players but the right formation is still elusive / not possible without further addition . We need to put some performances together they are few and far between ,I thought we had got somewhere after the Hull game but we cannot hold a decent run [ performance as opposed to results].

Second place is a long way from certainty looking at the current situation ,but I am sure there will be some strengthening in the window. 

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Their first was a great pass and a good finish. The first doesn't go in nor does the second.

We had chances ourselves, just required more clinical finishing. Russell's shot in the first half could have been squared, he also had a bit of an air shot from 2 yards out.

Let's just hope Thorne isn't serious or else it is a bit of a **** day.

Tbh i don't think Thorne has played very well for a while. Obviously i don't want him injured but i don't feel we missed him at Leeds or today after he went off. 

We need more from our forwards as a group. They lose the ball in stupid ways sometimes when the rest of the team is coming for support. Really cheaply and it's not helping us apply long term pressure. 

Not a major worry. Just an area that we're perhaps weakest. Decision making from those forward players. 

I am still of the opinion we shouldn't of made the changes for the Leeds game, all ifs and buts, but if we had won the Leeds game and lost the Boro one we would be 2 pts better off than we are. As for the Boro game, best team won. We are still second and all to play for. Move on and go again. 

No need to wrist slash. At start of the season myself and most Rams fans would have been overjoyed to be 2nd at start of Jan. Some genuine perspective needed. This Boro side has been three seasons in the making under their coaches directive. We are to my mind doing great under PC. It's his first club in charge and he is going to take time. I love his hands up attitude and honesty... 

If I were him I would however be worried about Bradley Johnson and Tom Ince. Big money was spent so that they could step up to the plate in huge games like this. They were far from that today. Not our greatest day at the office but we move on...

Maybe we are guilty of trying to change our shape to suit Ince because Ince hasn't really delivered in the role he was signed to fill?

just a thought.

Just now, Rampage said:

Demerai Gray has £3.5 million release clause. Looks like he is off to Leicester. We could have had him for that, which I suggested months ago.

Must be to higher division clubs though. Bournemouth had £5mil rejected for him last January

Lost to a much better side, who were streets ahead of us. Worthy Champions unless they have a meltdown. Unlikely

One point ahead of Hull, with them to play at home.

Four points ahead of Brighton, who are fading

Six points ahead of Burnley

I would have settled for this after five games.

We may have got away with it as a draw that we did not deserve but Clement took off Butterfield and gave them the midfield. Martin could have been taken off at HT.

I think and said before this game that the Rams are tired and worse may be to follow.

What to do:-

Take the captaincy off Martin and give it to Shackell

Buy a proven goalscorer eg McCormack

Buy a winger who can cross the ball as his main skill.

Buy another fullback

No first team players against Hartlepool

Clement maybe still learning the ropes of this management malarkey. Least he has the balls to as much admit it, he changed shape to win the game because of his enthuses and eagerness to compete for top spot.

Seem to remember Karanka has took a few years to get to where he is now, do Clement deserve crucifying for a tactical mistake. Oh and they were the best team, just we almost got away with it.

Derby or Hull for second place is pretty much the target. No favour will be given to whichever side finishes in the Play Offs. 

Is it just me or did Leeds and Boro dominate us with cynical fouls at strategic times?

Leeds got three bookings in quick succession and took the game on from there. 

A more cynical player in midfield might not go amiss.

9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Derby or Hull for second place is pretty much the target. No favour will be given to whichever side finishes in the Play Offs. 

Is it just me or did Leeds and Boro dominate us with cynical fouls at strategic times?

Leeds got three bookings in quick succession and took the game on from there. 

A more cynical player in midfield might not go amiss.

Johnson does that for us - He did it today against Boro too. Watched most of the game and didnt think that Boro were cynical at all - Think you have your rose tinted glasses on to be honest pal. 

We were beaten by a better team.

A couple of very good saves from Grant kept us in it in the first half and we were hanging in until Paul decided to make changes.

Fair play to Paul, he has admitted he got it wrong, but to be fair Boro were the better side and will I think go marching on.

We are still 2nd and just above Hull, we need to maintain it now.

Boro are the best side in this league and deserved the win today, am i bothered?? not in the slightest.

It's one game, were still 2nd after a run of massively tough games and have only lost 3 up to now!!.

Same again for the 2nd half and we'll be up.

People are not talking about first or second, we're talking about top two or not top two. I'm sure everyone will take top two if offered, it's just what I've seen recently despite the results I'm not convinced is good enough for top two when we can see obvious weaknesses.

Archived