Raul's Extremely Strange Beard

Kernow

1 hour ago, Anon said:

But, unless you're going to tell me that you disagree with criticising players who are genuinely bad and will never improve, you've come up with a scenario where your criticism is always valid.

No. The criticism wan't that he was bad indefinitely. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Anon said:

But, unless you're going to tell me that you disagree with criticising players who are genuinely bad and will never improve, you've come up with a scenario where your criticism is always valid.

Must be one of those "I shall taunt you again, you naughty English ker-niggits" moments.

Very good at Spanish football, rubbish at English football. That would hardly make him unique in the modern era of football would it. 

Didn't work out, we've moved on and so has he, doubt he'll be back in a Rams shirt and some deal will be done at a Spanish side at the end of the season and best for all concerned.

Back on topic - I like his beard.

He was an awful footballer during his time here and I see no reason to think he would be anything other than an awful footballer if he ever came back......the fact that the firs thing the new manager did was get rid of him and how our form plummeted last season when he was in the squad only backs the point up.....rubbish.

On 31/12/2015 at 20:15, MuespachRam said:

rubbish beard.....on a rubbish footballer....i think that sums this up perfectly.

Did he sleep with your wife or something?

No idea why he gets this amount of vitriol. All he did was try too hard and fail. What has he done to deserve such aggression towards him?

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

No idea why he gets this amount of vitriol. All he did was try too hard and fail. What has he done to deserve such aggression towards him?

That would make it Albentosa and all of Liverpool FC who've slept with Mues' wife. 

7 hours ago, Tombo said:

Aggression..? I said he was rubbish..! Hardly aggressive is it..? A lot of people are saying on here right now wore things about the best striker we have had for years...all I was doing was saying that a complete failure of a centre half we had was rubbish....

13 hours ago, zaragozaram said:

Just going to leave this here.

La Liga

I watched the game on Saturday. He scored from a corner (left in a one on one with a defender 6 yards out in the centre of the goal and got just enough of his head on it to creep into the bottom corner) and had 2 more very good chances. One the keeper did really well to keep out when he glanced on a free kick with a diving header and a striker managed to head over from 4 yards, and the other a near post flick from a corner that went inches past the far post. Defensively he won every one of his headers and made quite a few block tackles (admittedly not coming away with the ball on at least 2 occasions but allowing team mates to get back and recover the ball). Malaga's defence did get stretched a few times, and with only half decent finishing should have conceded 2 or 3 from really good chances.

I still think that the signing of Raul was a good one at the time that just didn't work out. He wasn't the first "bad signing" by a football club and he won't be the last. He is only on loan at Malaga and could still return (although I can't see that happening), but at the worst we should get our money back. Who knows, we could end up with a Tom Ince situation :ph34r:

I'm not really sure if the relevance of putting a picture of La Liga team of the week because, as far as I am aware, Derby don't play in that league.

I am sure if I searched hard enough I could probably find times when players such as Lee Morris, Laurent Robert, Andy Griffin and so on were in Premier League team of the week. It won't change the fact that they were rubbish when they played for Derby.

Don't even think he was that bad for us. He wasn't good either, but it wasn't exactly a large sample size and at the time, the whole team had fell to bits and he clearly wasn't settled. 

If he was to come back, there's no reason why he couldn't be a good player for us. With that said, I don't expect him to play for us again. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't even think he was that bad for us. He wasn't good either, but it wasn't exactly a large sample size and at the time, the whole team had fell to bits and he clearly wasn't settled. 

If he was to come back, there's no reason why he couldn't be a good player for us. With that said, I don't expect him to play for us again. 

I don't think he was bad either...Ha was much worse than that and a huge contributory factor to our monumental collapse.

Archived