Raul's Extremely Strange Beard

Kernow

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Made 11 apps in the league, during which they've picked up 15 points. 

Unbeaten in the last 5 games, three wins on the trot, two clean sheets including a 1-0 victory over Athletico Madrid, and there are still folks here who reckon that he cannot play football.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

He models himself on Johnny Russell.....

....as a centre half that is.

Case in point....

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

You didn't rate Warnock.

Did I not? Don't ever remember making any comment about him other than my Leeds mate saying he was great for them. Certainly made no decision based on one sending off.

You may be getting it confused with me not rating Keogh last season?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did I not? Don't ever remember making any comment about him other than my Leeds mate saying he was great for them. Certainly made no decision based on one sending off.

You may be getting it confused with me not rating Keogh last season?

Yeah, apologies. I knew thare was one god you were intent on destroying, and it couldn't have been Bucko because you are still alive.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Yeah, apologies. I knew thare was one god you were intent on destroying, and it couldn't have been Bucko because you are still alive.

I will always hold my hands up if I think I have unfairly judged or criticised a player.

Think Keogh has been brilliant this season. Would be interesting to see how he coped if Shackell had a spell out of the team though.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Unbeaten in the last 5 games, three wins on the trot, two clean sheets including a 1-0 victory over Athletico Madrid, and there are still folks here who reckon that he cannot play football.

Case in point....

He didn't have the time to settle did he. Good defender but because he was new to English football his positioning wasn't great and because he's even slower than Shackell he didn't look too good. I think he's good enough. If he wants to return he should, but would he...He wouldn't get into our side right now. Once Buxton is back he would be 4th choice CB for me, but then there is also Rawson. 

You also don't need as many CB's in the PL. In the Championship you have to be prepared to play 49 league games (including play offs). That's 11 more than in the PL. On that point Keogh has a long season. All those games for us and for country. 

It's amazing that we have 7 CB's capable of starting in this league. 8 if we can include Hanson. 

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I will always hold my hands up if I think I have unfairly judged or criticised a player.

Think Keogh has been brilliant this season. Would be interesting to see how he coped if Shackell had a spell out of the team though.

I don't even want to imagine it. I am/was one of Keogh's biggest critics. This season has justified being a critic in the past. Completely different player. People can say they always knew he was capable of playing as he has. The thing is it took a long time to get here. Occasionally we get a flash of the old Keogh and it's the stuff of nightmares. Shackell hasn't put a foot wrong. As it stands Keogh would be the last player I would give the armband to. It's like giving him a Shackell :)

1 hour ago, eddie said:

That's 5 games unbeaten in the league. In between times they were dumped out of the cup by lower league opposition, losing twice in a two legged fixture. Albentosa played in both games.

Having said that Malaga's record with Albentosa in the team is markedly better than when he's left out, both in terms of goals conceded and points won.

Thank **** I'm not a Malaga fan. Their record this season makes Sam Allardyce and Tony Pulis look like offensive, adventurous managers. 11 goals scored all season is absolute trash, nothing to do with Albentosa mind, but trash all the same.

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I don't even want to imagine it. I am/was one of Keogh's biggest critics. This season has justified being a critic in the past.

What mental gymnastics have you performed to reach this bizarre conclusion?

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I don't even want to imagine it. I am/was one of Keogh's biggest critics. This season has justified being a critic in the past. Completely different player. People can say they always knew he was capable of playing as he has. The thing is it took a long time to get here. Occasionally we get a flash of the old Keogh and it's the stuff of nightmares. Shackell hasn't put a foot wrong. As it stands Keogh would be the last player I would give the armband to. It's like giving him a Shackell :)

Doths cap to last sentence.... Well played Sir.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Case in point....

Joke

1 hour ago, Anon said:

What mental gymnastics have you performed to reach this bizarre conclusion?

His current form compared with the classic Keogh we all came to know which looked like a startled horse who blamed everyone else. If people think he was reliable, stable and good in the past then they are delusional. He wasn't and we now have something we can compare to show just how much better he is. 

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

His current form compared with the classic Keogh we all came to know which looked like a startled horse who blamed everyone else. If people think he was reliable, stable and good in the past then they are delusional. He wasn't and we now have something we can compare to show just how much better he is. 

But, unless you're going to tell me that you disagree with criticising players who are genuinely bad and will never improve, you've come up with a scenario where your criticism is always valid.

Archived