Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no one has mentioned how incredible it is that Sky can demand entrance and demand to show the games whenever they like... also, they have the right to change ANY kick off of ANY game at all in the league with only 48 hours notice... treating fans like idiots.

good on him for making a stand and bringing it to peoples attention, unfortunately I guess he will be slagged off all over Murdochs press and the idiots who read/watch it will buy in to it.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

no one has mentioned how incredible it is that Sky can demand entrance and demand to show the games whenever they like... also, they have the right to change ANY kick off of ANY game at all in the league with only 48 hours notice... treating fans like idiots.

good on him for making a stand and bringing it to peoples attention, unfortunately I guess he will be slagged off all over Murdochs press and the idiots who read/watch it will buy in to it.

48 hours? where does it state this?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

48 hours? where does it state this?

as i have organized numerous trips over from Switzerland and France I was in contact with the club regarding the kick off times of games, and they couldn't confirm any kick off time or date until 48 hours before as Sky have the right to change any of them.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It's THAT incredible that he and all the other clubs signed and agreed to it and have known it can be like this since the contract was signed... Hmmm. More to dislike Leeds about. 

Steve Evans getting his words " large, big and used to be" all mixed up again. 

Never mind. They are the champions of Europe after all. They will survive. 

These foreign owners are hypocrites when refusing to allow sky in, like this. They're not life long supporters who starting supporting as a young child, so what attracts them? Surely it's the mega money and prestige on offer from sky. There were very few interested before sky came along. Would Cellino refuse the £150+ million if they got promoted? 

Just now, ram59 said:

These foreign owners are hypocrites when refusing to allow sky in, like this. They're not life long supporters who starting supporting as a young child, so what attracts them? Surely it's the mega money and prestige on offer from sky. There were very few interested before sky came along. Would Cellino refuse the £150+ million if they got promoted? 

Leeds and promoted is an oxymoron right? 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

as i have organized numerous trips over from Switzerland and France I was in contact with the club regarding the kick off times of games, and they couldn't confirm any kick off time or date until 48 hours before as Sky have the right to change any of them.

i am sure that within the contract they hold there is probably no minimum period, however i cannot think (other than cup games) of an occasion it was less than about 3 weeks (the burnley game this year?) - probably the last game of the season when promotion/relegation games are screeen, but these are shown at the same time as others so not an issue.

Do you have examples where games have been moved at much shorter notice (excluding cup?).

12 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

A simple solution to this nonsense is to allow broadcasting of games at 3pm Saturday.

11 minutes ago, davenportram said:

but only if over 80% of tickets have been sold.

There was an article or something recently where someone suggest a regional blackout for games.

The whole no 3pm televised matches thing is so archaic and needs to change as its possible to watch all Premier League 3pm's anyway so changing the rule wont really effect attendances.

3 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

There was an article or something recently where someone suggest a regional blackout for games.

The whole no 3pm televised matches thing is so archaic and needs to change as its possible to watch all Premier League 3pm's anyway so changing the rule wont really effect attendances.

Its possible but is illegal to do so, and many people would not know how to. But i agree i think it will change at some point.

Archived