When Jake's fit....

uttoxram75

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Youve got to say Pearce is ahead of him... Just purely based on him signing this season.. Also Shots and Baird are probably are as well solely based on playing different positions. I do think lower end champ club or a team needing a experienced head at the back will suit him perfectly. I do think his time is up...

Think everyone loved the romance of how he came through times where it looked like he will be gone and written off. Including me writing him off... But this time I really can't see him making it back near the 11 unless it was a cup game. 

He would be perfect fit for Wolves at the minute the way there are going...

wouldn't say Pearce is ahead of him just because he signed this season. Bucko was injured so we only had Shotton as cover and needed a bother body at CH. Doesn't indicate pecking order at all.

12 minutes ago, davenportram said:

wouldn't say Pearce is ahead of him just because he signed this season. Bucko was injured so we only had Shotton as cover and needed a bother body at CH. Doesn't indicate pecking order at all.

I disagree... Think it does in this instance I'm afraid. Not slagging Bucko off in anyway. But I can't see Bucko getting near the starting 11... Or a permanent position on the bench. Also Pearce is younger and has just as much experience in this league as Bucko. So I think it does indicate pecking order this time

29 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I disagree... Think it does in this instance I'm afraid. Not slagging Bucko off in anyway. But I can't see Bucko getting near the starting 11... Or a permanent position on the bench. Also Pearce is younger and has just as much experience in this league as Bucko. So I think it does indicate pecking order this time

And has Prem experience also.

I watched the Hull game again. I cannot see anyone, even from the Premiership dislodging Keogh and Shackell. They are a functioning unit. The more that I see of Shackell the more that I am impressed. He is so good it is almost like he is not even trying. Bucko should be sent out on loan and promised a role in our Academy when he wants it. Get him to do all his coaching badges. If he has to, play, he will not let us down. Clement should say in advance what level of team that he is going to put out at Hartlepool.

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Youve got to say Pearce is ahead of him... Just purely based on him signing this season.. Also Shots and Baird are probably are as well solely based on playing different positions. I do think lower end champ club or a team needing a experienced head at the back will suit him perfectly. I do think his time is up...

Think everyone loved the romance of how he came through times where it looked like he will be gone and written off. Including me writing him off... But this time I really can't see him making it back near the 11 unless it was a cup game. 

He would be perfect fit for Wolves at the minute the way there are going...

I don't think Shotton should be ahead of me even!! I'd have him out the door at the earliest opportunity... 

Merry Christmas / God Jul everyone. Enjoy the festivities where ever you all all. 

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Can't be criminally underrated if a ridiculously high proportion of Derby fans criminally overrate him. 

I don't think anyone overates him. I've not heard anyone say he's a world beater or that he'd do well in the premier league - not seriously anyway. On the otherhand we have people like you calling him a pub defender when he hasn't been one for years.

The fact that some people can't see what he brings to the team despite the fact that he was a cruial part of the team that made it to Wembley and that last season we basically fell apart when he got injured (not only due to that I know, but it was still one of the major reasons), boggles my mind.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Pearce was signed this season when we had no idea if Shackell would come and Bucko was gonna be out for a while - doesn't automatically make him higher in the pecking order. From what I've seen of Pearce (which isn't very much) I'd ssay Buxton's better. Anyway there can't really be a peccking order when Clement hasn't seen him in training (due to his injury).

2 hours ago, rynny said:

And has Prem experience also.

Doesn't matter if Pearce has premier league experience - Ryan Shotton has premier league experience and we all know how rubbish he is.

Bucko is needed as long as we are in the championship , he's a winner  and also one of the few to provide a genuine threat from set pieces. He would be my third choice CB every day of the week and I don't think we can afford to be without him.

Although it would be great,  I cannot see Keogh and Shack going the whole season without missing a game - at which time the choice of replacement between Bucko, Pierce and Shotton is an absolute no brainer for the former in my opinion. 

Not sure how he would get on in the Premier but we can cross that bridge another day. 

Having said all that, I suspect one of the three will be moving on in January  so that may change the dynamic. 

4 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I don't think anyone overates him. I've not heard anyone say he's a world beater or that he'd do well in the premier league - not seriously anyway. On the otherhand we have people like you calling him a pub defender when he hasn't been one for years.

The fact that some people can't see what he brings to the team despite the fact that he was a cruial part of the team that made it to Wembley and that last season we basically fell apart when he got injured (not only due to that I know, but it was still one of the major reasons), boggles my mind.

Pearce was signed this season when we had no idea if Shackell would come and Bucko was gonna be out for a while - doesn't automatically make him higher in the pecking order. From what I've seen of Pearce (which isn't very much) I'd ssay Buxton's better. Anyway there can't really be a peccking order when Clement hasn't seen him in training (due to his injury).

Doesn't matter if Pearce has premier league experience - Ryan Shotton has premier league experience and we all know how rubbish he is.

How do you know we weren't in for Shack? If it weren't Shack it would probably have been Dunk. So it as transpired we were after 2 centre halves.... Baird as well if you want cover in that position also as a last resort. 

Bit controversial but the only reason fans want to see Bucko in the team is for sentimental value only... As much as I like him too I'm being realistic.... He's getting nowhere near the starting eleven... And would be barely on the fringe of the Matchday squad.

As I much as I disagree the statement I'm going to make.... Sentiment doesn't go very far in football nowadays... 

4 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

So let's write him off then cos he is quite clearly rubbish:unsure:

20 minutes ago, rynny said:

So let's write him off then cos he is quite clearly rubbish:unsure:

Not the point I was trying to make. Plenty of players have premier league experience - doesn't automatically make them premier league quality. I think we would all agree that Shotton is no where near the starting 11 when everyone is fit despite the fact that he has premier league experience and the like of Keogh and Christie don't have it. Pearce having premier league experience doesn't automatically make him better than Buxton, but he is younger. I admit I haven't seen enough of him to form a conrete opinion of him, but I have seen enough of Buxton to realise he's a top Championship defender.

Or are you talking about Shotton?

58 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

How do you know we weren't in for Shack? If it weren't Shack it would probably have been Dunk. So it as transpired we were after 2 centre halves.... Baird as well if you want cover in that position also as a last resort. 

Bit controversial but the only reason fans want to see Bucko in the team is for sentimental value only... As much as I like him too I'm being realistic.... He's getting nowhere near the starting eleven... And would be barely on the fringe of the Matchday squad.

As I much as I disagree the statement I'm going to make.... Sentiment doesn't go very far in football nowadays... 

I was under the impression we only stepped up our pursuit off Shackell when we were notified of his desire to move back (can't quite place where I heard that though). For all we know Dunk may have been lined up as a replacement for Keogh - lord knows there were enough people on this forum looking to replace him a the end of last season.

I disagree, based on what I've seen of our other players (not much based on Pearce admittedly), and of Bucko I would say he's quite comfortably third choice centre back. He's obviously not going to get back into the starting 11 with the way Keogh and Shackell are playing, but things change. All it takes is one injury or a loss of form from Keogh or Shackell (which could happen) and he might get his chance.

8 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Not the point I was trying to make. Plenty of players have premier league experience - doesn't automatically make them premier league quality. I think we would all agree that Shotton is no where near the starting 11 when everyone is fit despite the fact that he has premier league experience and the like of Keogh and Christie don't have it. Pearce having premier league experience doesn't automatically make him better than Buxton, but he is younger. I admit I haven't seen enough of him to form a conrete opinion of him, but I have seen enough of Buxton to realise he's a top Championship defender.

Or are you talking about Shotton?

I was under the impression we only stepped up our pursuit off Shackell when we were notified of his desire to move back (can't quite place where I heard that though). For all we know Dunk may have been lined up as a replacement for Keogh - lord knows there were enough people on this forum looking to replace him a the end of last season.

I disagree, based on what I've seen of our other players (not much based on Pearce admittedly), and of Bucko I would say he's quite comfortably third choice centre back. He's obviously not going to get back into the starting 11 with the way Keogh and Shackell are playing, but things change. All it takes is one injury or a loss of form from Keogh or Shackell (which could happen) and he might get his chance.

The bold bit is the main nub of why Bucko is down the pecking order... 

However much people don't rate Shots or Baird.... They are more likely to be in the 18 than Bucko due to different positions they can play. They may not be better at CH than Bucko but they can adapt in varying positions better than Bucko would and therefore are higher up the chain than Bucko within the squad. 

If he does go out on loan or sold... Will be interesting to see where he ends up. You say he's a top quality CH... If he is he would be a shoe in for a play off chasing team.

However, I think he would be a perfect fit for a lower table side or a young side who needs experience... Wolves would be a great for him I reckon judging how bad their defence has been recently.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

The bold bit is the main nub of why Bucko is down the pecking order... 

However much people don't rate Shots or Baird.... They are more likely to be in the 18 than Bucko due to different positions they can play. They may not be better at CH than Bucko but they can adapt in varying positions better than Bucko would and therefore are higher up the chain than Bucko within the squad. 

If he does go out on loan or sold... Will be interesting to see where he ends up. You say he's a top quality CH... If he is he would be a shoe in for a play off chasing team.

However, I think he would be a perfect fit for a lower table side or a young side who needs experience... Wolves would be a great for him I reckon judging how bad their defence has been recently.

So what you're saying is... Even if Shacks or Keogh are out for a few games you'd put Shotton or Baird in over Bucko because they can also play in other positions? :blink:

3 minutes ago, 11carl00 said:

So what you're saying is... Even if Shacks or Keogh are out for a few games you'd put Shotton or Baird in over Bucko because they can also play in other positions? :blink:

Maybe I am... I could twist it the other way and say when Christie and Baird aren't fit would you call Bucko up to be right back?

at least Shots and Baird have played there.... And to be honest I would rate at least Baird better than Bucko at centre half.... That's my view...

He maybe 3rd/4th best centre half at the minute... Not going to deny that. But does anyone actually believe he will get back into a regular slot again? I don't think he will be.

Happy to proved wrong as always and as always I will fully admit I'm wrong on here and wherever else

Archived