When Jake's fit....

uttoxram75

9 hours ago, ValeRam said:

Bucko is needed as long as we are in the championship , he's a winner  and also one of the few to provide a genuine threat from set pieces. He would be my third choice CB every day of the week and I don't think we can afford to be without him.

Although it would be great,  I cannot see Keogh and Shack going the whole season without missing a game - at which time the choice of replacement between Bucko, Pierce and Shotton is an absolute no brainer for the former in my opinion. 

Not sure how he would get on in the Premier but we can cross that bridge another day. 

Having said all that, I suspect one of the three will be moving on in January  so that may change the dynamic. 

What's he won?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

What's he won?

A lot of challenges, a lot of interceptions through his reading of the game & passing ability, and a lot of respect from those who know anything about the game. However, not everyone does, but that is OK.

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

A lot of challenges, a lot of interceptions through his reading of the game & passing ability, and a lot of respect from those who know anything about the game. However, not everyone does, but that is OK.

Hello Jake.

Yes you've won challenges and interceptions, yes you have.

Enjoy battling Ryan Shotton for a place on the bench.

Keogh & Shackell. Love them two, top class.

9 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Maybe I am... I could twist it the other way and say when Christie and Baird aren't fit would you call Bucko up to be right back?

at least Shots and Baird have played there.... And to be honest I would rate at least Baird better than Bucko at centre half.... That's my view...

He maybe 3rd/4th best centre half at the minute... Not going to deny that. But does anyone actually believe he will get back into a regular slot again? I don't think he will be.

Happy to proved wrong as always and as always I will fully admit I'm wrong on here and wherever else

bucko may not get on the bench for the reason you mention, but again should there be a suspension or injury I still think Bucko would lay ahead of Shotton because a fully fit Bucko is better than Shotton

6 hours ago, McMuffin said:

Hello Jake.

Yes you've won challenges and interceptions, yes you have.

Enjoy battling Ryan Shotton for a place on the bench.

Keogh & Shackell. Love them two, top class.

Top class? Really? Didn't see a host of premier league clubs knocking on shackells door or keoghs for that matter in the summer. Maybe top championship defenders.  

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

bucko may not get on the bench for the reason you mention, but again should there be a suspension or injury I still think Bucko would lay ahead of Shotton because a fully fit Bucko is better than Shotton

Not going to argue with that

Keogh much improved this season which is probably down to having Shacks along side him, tightest defence n the league can't just be a fluke.

As for Bucko, he's been a great servant of the club but wouldn't begrudge him a move for regular football providing we get a reasonable offer off say £400-£600k

2 hours ago, unclej said:

As long as he NEVER plays alongside Keogh in a Derby shirt again.  The two are too alike.

Yeh they were sh1te getting us to the top os the table and keeping us there till the team fell apart around them, only 2nd best defence in the league till Feb. Shower of sh1te they were.

Archived